Media Bias is clearly obvious once agian

AEB

Jun 12, 2003
The Article is short and easy to read. And don't knock it just because its fox, once you read it you will see they are reporting facts.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
it is foxnews, why dont they ever report on the far right wing slant in their news or in books?

anyway i take foxnews as seriously as i take al-jaheeza, not seriously at all.

Vadatajs

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2001
If it's not biased, they why aren't there links to ALL of the books mentioned, not just the right-wing pulp? I bet if they did actually review those books, they won't even make it to the best seller list. Liberals don't like being called traitors (ann, I'm looking at you).

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: Vadatajs
If it's not biased, they why aren't there links to ALL of the books mentioned, not just the right-wing pulp? I bet if they did actually review those books, they won't even make it to the best seller list. Liberals don't like being called traitors (ann, I'm looking at you).

There was a link to Michael Moore's book. Chances are the links change with every browser that visits the site... they are ads, man...

I didn't realize that liberals don't like to be called traitors... I sure hope they didn't get their feelings hurt
rolleye.gif

It is interesting that so many conservative authors are able to make it on the list and remain there for so long without a NYT review...

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Don't you guys get tired of the endless vicous circle of partisan politics? All you guys do is bitch about the other side, and that's all they do too. Nothing ever get's done.

Liberal this, conservative that....
rolleye.gif

OMG!! OH NOOOOESSS!!!! It's the liberal media!!!!! AIIIIIIIIIIEEEE!!

*runs to a dark corner to watch the approved media outlet*

:p

AEB

Jun 12, 2003
the articel speaks for itself. so try and avoid the issue anyway you want. But the fact is they dont review conservative books that are more or as popular as liberal books. if thats not bias i dont know what is

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: AEB
the articel speaks for itself. so try and avoid the issue anyway you want. But the fact is they dont review conservative books that are more or as popular as liberal books. if thats not bias i dont know what is
Hey if there wasn't any kind of so called liberal bias what would you extremist Conservatives have to whine about? You are in charge of everything else! If you couldn't snivel like little bitches I'm sure you would feel put out, after all the Extremist Conservatives have made sniveling like little bitches an artform!

AEB

Jun 12, 2003
i consdier myself moderate to libertarian. but since media is the main source of information for our people i would wish it be fair and accurate. even though you are a supreme liberal i dont see how you can disagree with that. I know it is in the liberals blood to get votes by any means but media bias is kinda extreme. Bias exists and i wish liberals would just admit it

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
You mean the liberal media who pulled the Reagan special.. or the one who talks about liberal issues such as homelessness, workers struggles, health care and rehabilitation of crimminals? Nawww I'm not buying it. Media is run by a handful of elite corpprate conglonmerates with more money than we'll ever see. Their decisions are purely for profit and generally right leaning economically due to thier ownership.

AEB

Jun 12, 2003
the money part isnt true because if you have an origional idea you could make millions(look at the pet rock) also even if i conceed that the owners dictate what is aired then the owners are liberal. read the article man you are avoiding the issue

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Ann Coulter's "book" was overlooked because shes a nut job who contridicts herself within her own book, lies, and uses quotations which were never so.Text

AEB

Jun 12, 2003
i started reading the review but that guy isnt professional. lets say her book is bs. i never read it. "10 things you can't say in america" as well as savages book and oreillys are soundly researched, those werent reveiwed. keep in mind the articel list many books that werent reviews. Also note that Moores book (which im sure was VERY documented) did get a review. If a liberal wrote a book that said pigs can fly it would still get a review and that is the issue.
ALSO they could have published a review like the one you linked to. Reviews do not have to be good

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
You might have a case for NYT book reviewers being bias but the whole media as your title suggests is out of line. My feeling is they don't like reading tripe. They've reviewed everyone of Rush's books, william safire, WF buckley and other prominite conservatives but perhaps they feel both coulture an riley (an inside edition reporter) are not worth thier effort? If they did review them it would take pages and pages to refute all thier assertations and lies. Even the NYT has a peer review like a scientific journal of sorts which is why David dukes books won't be reviewed either.. It's out of the mainstream pruley hateful dogmatic garbage so they choose not to review it. That FOX thinks this is bias doe'nt surprise me since their whole broadcast is lies and politically modivated. They have even been found guilty in court of manipulating the news.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Zebo
Ann Coulter's "book" was overlooked because shes a nut job who contridicts herself within her own book, lies, and uses quotations which were never so.Text

that review is the funniest thing i've read in my life. even an "unprofessional" reviewer can make the b!tch look stupid

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Pers
Originally posted by: Zebo

that review is the funniest thing i've read in my life. even an "unprofessional" reviewer can make the b!tch look stupid

Ruthless kicks major ass. They even rip moores book and thier movie reviews are a riot...:) Not unprefessional not candy coated..just ruthless:p

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
AEB:

Yeah, bias exists. So what? Are you, or the Fox Cartoon Network for that matter, the bias police? Quite whining. Everyone's got some axe to grind. That's why God gave you a brain. Just watch the Fox Funnies if you don't like it. Better yet, read a book. Now there's a "novel" thought.

-Robert

AEB

Jun 12, 2003
Uhh i have read most of the books not revied in the post that is one reason i posted this. Beside america goes to hell when people stand by and let the liberls take over. im going to do all i can to prevent that

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Uhh i have read most of the books not revied in the post that is one reason i posted this. Beside america goes to hell when people stand by and let the liberls take over. im going to do all i can to prevent that

LOL. What exact moment in history are you referring to? When the liberals took over in the 1770's and decided to fight against the injustices that Britain was forcing upon them? When the liberals took over in the 1860's and held this union together WHILE freeing black slaves from their oppressive existence? When the liberals took over in the 1930's and brought this country (and the world) out of the Great Depression and saved capitalism? When the liberals took over in the 1960's and finally granted all Americans the civil rights they were supposed to be granted 100 years earlier?

Of course there have been moments when conservatives have produced successful results, the most recent being the relatively peaceful defeat of Soviet communism.

But I think in none of those cases did either side "take over" while others stood by, and its not that way now either.

ReiAyanami

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2002
yeah, abe lincoln was a republican fighting dirty south democrats, funny how a hundred years later they've completely switched sides

josphII

Banned
Nov 24, 2001
of course media bias exists. in the recent CA recall election 60+% of the voters favored the recall and 50+% favored shwartzeneggar as the replacement yet only ONE of the ten biggest newspapers throughout CA favored the recall (the Orange County Register) and only ONE supported Arnold (the Oakland Tribune). Note: the OC Register has a policy of not supporting specific candidates.

PainTrain

Jun 22, 2003
I didn't realize that liberals don't like to be called traitors... I sure hope they didn't get their feelings hurt
rolleye.gif

People are executed for this subject matter, it is not trivial in any way. In fact it is just about the ultimate in defamation.

PainTrain

Jun 22, 2003

So you'd call 6 to eight years of unparalleled national prosperity and peace "going to hell"? Myabe it's not such a bad place afterall. What, then, would you call 3 million unemployed, the largest spending deficit in history and a repeat of the Vietnam war justified by upteen different mutually exclusive excuses?

Keep fightin' the good fight AEB.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
boy these threads on Media Bias is getting old just rehashes of old threads:music:
rolleye.gif

of course all media is Biased

fox = right

all else = left

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
Actually the media is slanted a bit conservative these days......overall.

There is so much Bush crap going on that never gets reported by the major media.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
Actually the media is slanted a bit conservative these days......overall.
rolleye.gif

ok here is the breakdown TV almost all lib except Foxnews

Print magazine/papers wow really liberal!

talk radio wow almost all conservative!

so most print and almost all TV = Libs have the majority even the press admits this it is not a secret.