Medal of Honor Airborne is INCREDIBLE

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
I didn't expect much going into the game, but it is really an incredible game. Maybe one of the best FPS games I've played ever. And I'm talking like compared to Battlefield 3, Call of Duty MW series, the rebooted MOH, and so on.

This is a really good game.

Reasons:

1. FREEDOM. You have actual freedom of decision on how to tackle the mission. This aids GREATLY in immersion. Other games are basically set up so the combat is precanned and you have to jump through the predetermined hoops and reach the predetermined checkpoints.

The FREEDOM of MOH airborne extends to where you land, which order you go about attacking the enemy. So like, want to land on the roof where the enemy AA gun is and hope to take them out real quick? You can go for it. Or, land in a back alley then go out? Yeah, you can try that too.

It is INCREDIBLE playing a FPS game which doesn't lead you by the nose and micro-manage everything you do.

2. The guns are really inaccurate. Makes the combat more hectic and less a point and click thing. Also more realistic since only like inhuman supermen have perfect aim with a pistol at more than like 20 feet.

Anyone else play this? I only played an hour today and really loved it. Is MP still going strong?

And is a game like Call of Duty 3 like this, or is COD3 more in the canned encounter mode?

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
I finished the single player campaign a few months ago. I don't do MP. I enjoyed it but I didn't think it was better than CoD1 or even MoH. While more linear, those games just seemed more "epic" to me and were more fun.

At times, MoH:A seemed downright corny.

PhatoseAlpha

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2005
Airborne was the one that got stupid in the end, and had the Gas-Mask wearing, MG-42 wielding Nazi terminator bullet sponges, wasn't it?

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
Did you just buy it on Amazon? did it activate on Origin? cause mine doesn't.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
Did you just buy it on Amazon? did it activate on Origin? cause mine doesn't.

Yeah, there's some thing where you have to activate it using a legacy site. It didn't activate on origin either, but on some older EA site. Support pointed me to it.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Huh. I bought it at launch, played an hour or so, declared it rubbish and haven't touched it since. It gave me a headache, too dark, and the game play just seemed like something brought forward a decade without improvement. Maybe I'll have to give it another try someday.

tomosrider

Jan 21, 2013
I've played it through at least 3 times. Still have it installed and play a segment now and then.
I like it too op.