Meanwhile... Over At Fox News

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Anyone watching the kerfuffle over at Fox News during the protests and the issue of race?
Talk about squirming.
Fox must play a different game than they are use to playing, and that is amusing to watch. Naturally, Fox sides with Trump and sides with the racist republican agenda nearly 100% of the time. No, more like 200% of the time. But since Trump and the Whitehouse are keeping fairly quiet low profile about the George Floyd murder, Fox News has no guidance to follow. They don't know what to do or what the hell is going on out there in the land of reality. That land outside of the Fox News bubble. And so, Fox has found some necessities that they must follow while Fox tries to figure out this race thing, that is if they ever can. Watching Fox, only for amusement mind you, Fox must first locate and pay some minority person to put on air for three minutes, someone never having appeared on Fox News before, with then "pretending" that Fox News really cares. SEE SEE, LOOKIE HERE, LOOKIE HERE, we put a minority person on TV. Pat us on the back. Fox pulls this stunt like, well like you know who, like Donald Trump pulls this same stunt with sticking one sole minority person in the background during all of his rallies. Then, after that temp-Fox News reporter enjoys his or her three minutes of fame on Fox News, one or more of the Fox usual suspects take over reverting back to their racist propaganda. Again, pretty much like Donald Trump is well known to do. And it actually is pretty fun to watch. A good laugh and then some.

You have another Fox reporter, standing in the middle of a "peaceful" protest. And that Fox reporter is egging on the crowd by claiming that peaceful crowd of protestors were "lost and confused" because the peaceful protestors were protesting peacefully, and not burning buildings or breaking windows. "I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE PROTESTORS EXPECT TO GAIN? THEY ARE NOT YELLING OR TOSSING STONES OR ANYTHING". The Fox reporter suggests those protestors are confused and unorganized simply because, they are acting peaceful.
Oh that Fox News....

Then, more of that racist attitude comes through as Fox News tries to make their distinction between the defending of bad cops while not saying too much or going too far as to upset the family of George Floyd. A fine line indeed for Fox to walk, but you have Fox walking that fine line every day while their pandemic of confusion continues on. And notice while the violent protests have calmed down a lot over the past days, Fox News insists on retuning to and rerunning video of violent protest from days past. Fox can't make their racist points if they have no villain to attack. If the protest are peaceful, then just rerun video of the violent protests. Who cares how old that video may be. Fox News, forever consumed with the few violent protests while supporting the violence from violent police. If it wasn't on TV you'd never believe it.
Oh that Foxy Fox News, insisting on making America great again just like their commander in chief.

So in the meantime over at Fox News.... ;)

Reactions: dawp and gradoman

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
They're so full of shit its finally starting to catch up with them. They hate everybody and everything and now they have nothing left to say that makes any kind of sense, not even to their zealot fan base.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
OP has way more patience them me. I tried turning to Fox a few times. Within 30 seconds my disgust reared it's head and I turned back to CNN or MSNBC.

Nice synopsis.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
OP has way more patience them me. I tried turning to Fox a few times. Within 30 seconds my disgust reared it's head and I turned back to CNN or MSNBC.

Nice synopsis.

Same here. That's why it seems so strange how those folks who tune in to FOX have this unique ability to ignore the facts and the truths about how the whole Repub propaganda apparatus that they rely on to get what Trump and McConnell is up to is built on a foundation of lies, deception and incredibly wacky conspiracy fairy tales that literally defy what would be in any other setting the common sense that we use to determine what foods we need to eat to survive, how not to drown ourselves in a bathtub full of sudsy water and whether or not it's safe to stick a screwdriver in an electrical wall socket to see if it's powered or not.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yeah, "200% of the time" :rolleyes:

It checks out because FOX deals with two realities: the real one that we all live in, and that they lie about 100% of the time, and the one that they have invented from whole cloth, called Conservatopia where, if only they got their way, finally, after all the liberal suppressors are finally defeated, life will be happy and perfect for all god-fearing WASPS. This, they endorse and report on 100% of the time. Of course, it's also a big lie.

So, two realities, 200% lying about them. :D

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
But who is POTUS? The orange baby says he’s in charge but he gets all his talking points from Faux News. Surprised they aren’t driving the narrative right now.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
But who is POTUS? The orange baby says he’s in charge but he gets all his talking points from Faux News. Surprised they aren’t driving the narrative right now.
Fox is still attempting to drive the narrative but OBE (overcome by events). The BLM groundswell is washing over them and they don't know how to deal. They are currently trying to turn BLM back into their boogeyman (See Tucker Carlson thread)

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Don't worry, they will bounce back. Defunding the police will be red meat for Faux-it will be spun as abolishing police and allowing the great unwashed to storm Faux viewers' homes.

Reactions: zinfamous

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Fox is still attempting to drive the narrative but OBE (overcome by events). The BLM groundswell is washing over them and they don't know how to deal. They are currently trying to turn BLM back into their boogeyman (See Tucker Carlson thread)

I've been thinking about that for a while in light of the pandemic, with BLM amplifying it further -- that Fox and Trump are floundering simply because the ugly truth is so omnipresent, so widely accepted that their attempts to spin it aren't nearly as effective as they used to be. The polls certainly reflect that, when even the conservative-leaning Rasmussen poll has Trump at just 44 percent approval.

I'm not pretending this will last forever, but there could be a silver lining to these dark clouds if it nullifies Fox's propaganda for long enough to depose the Trump regime in November and restore functional democracy.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Don't worry, they will bounce back. Defunding the police will be red meat for Faux-it will be spun as abolishing police and allowing the great unwashed to storm Faux viewers' homes.
They're already on it...they say that defunding the police means no cops on the streets at all. Gotta keep the chuds frightened.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000

Nice synopsis.

I didn't watch cable news for many years. I recently started watching CNN again. Like you, I tried watching Fox and had the same reaction.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
What i find interesting is you listen to Hannity and Fucker and you just want to throw up!
You watch FOX during the daytime and it seems a few of them are having none of Hannity1s instigation or fuckers wishy washiness!
I for one can only stomach FOX for maybe a few minutes a day and mainly to see how Hannity is going spin Trumps BS!!
There's no way to argue against someone that says "200% of the time" You have become what you profess you fight against.
ATTENTION -- This is coming from Taj.........think about it.....hahahahahaahahaaaaaaaaaa

Last edited:

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
I wonder what Sheppard Smith would be saying right now if he didn’t give up on Fox?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
There's no way to argue against someone that says "200% of the time" You have become what you profess you fight against.
Let me leave you with this --
If a small percentage of looting rioters discredit the entire movement, then what does a small percentage of bad cops do?!?!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
YES!! Meantime over at FOX this has been described at Fucker Carlsons most racist rant -- The real Fucker is coming out...read ther whole thing!!
It gets worse.....

Fox News host Tucker Carlson is coming under fire after a segment some critics called his most racist yet.

On Monday night, Carlson claimed Democrats and the Black Lives Matter movement were trying to eliminate the police and replace them with an armed “woke militia” to take over cities and increase the power of the Democratic Party.

“Democrats hate the police because they don’t control the police,” Carlson said.

He said the left had taken over the Pentagon and now planned to do the same to law enforcement.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
YES!! Meantime over at FOX this has been described at Fucker Carlsons most racist rant -- The real Fucker is coming out...read ther whole thing!!
It gets worse.....

Fox News host Tucker Carlson is coming under fire after a segment some critics called his most racist yet.

On Monday night, Carlson claimed Democrats and the Black Lives Matter movement were trying to eliminate the police and replace them with an armed “woke militia” to take over cities and increase the power of the Democratic Party.

“Democrats hate the police because they don’t control the police,” Carlson said.

He said the left had taken over the Pentagon and now planned to do the same to law enforcement.
Who's shocked that Tucker is a racist asshole?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I gotta say this, but Meanwhile over at Fox News, as the pandemic rages on, over at Fox they ARE STILL consumed with bashing black lives matter and rioting. If you listen to Fox (and for gods sake why would you?) if you listen to Fox, just for fun mind you, one would think the teargas was still flying and the cop cars were still burning. I swear, Fox sends out all of their forces to find that one black guy waving a stick at anyone in uniform. It doesn't matter to Fox if that uniform is a janitorial uniform, Fox still calls it a cop. Yet.... nothing NOTHING about the virus or the infections or the deaths. No, nothing about THAT. Fox is trying to make this election a law and order thing for Trump to take advantage of. Fox is trying to scare the very people that would vote for Biden by telling them that the country is ablaze with rioting and chaos in the streets. And since we have none of that, Fox must just make it up. Fox is playing an old Tricky Dick dirty trick from out of the Richard Nixon play book. To scare people, to put the people in fear, then bring in Donald Trump to save the day. And the virus? What virus?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I gotta say this, but Meanwhile over at Fox News, as the pandemic rages on, over at Fox they ARE STILL consumed with bashing black lives matter and rioting. If you listen to Fox (and for gods sake why would you?) if you listen to Fox, just for fun mind you, one would think the teargas was still flying and the cop cars were still burning. I swear, Fox sends out all of their forces to find that one black guy waving a stick at anyone in uniform. It doesn't matter to Fox if that uniform is a janitorial uniform, Fox still calls it a cop. Yet.... nothing NOTHING about the virus or the infections or the deaths. No, nothing about THAT. Fox is trying to make this election a law and order thing for Trump to take advantage of. Fox is trying to scare the very people that would vote for Biden by telling them that the country is ablaze with rioting and chaos in the streets. And since we have none of that, Fox must just make it up. Fox is playing an old Tricky Dick dirty trick from out of the Richard Nixon play book. To scare people, to put the people in fear, then bring in Donald Trump to save the day. And the virus? What virus?
It's like they can't get enough of yesterday's news.