Meanwhile, In Q-Dakota .....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
If a meeting occurred with Noem, her daughter, and the head of the real estate appraiser certification board all in the same room, then Noem needs to resign. Any concerns she may have had about a "broken" certification process could have and should have been discussed without her daughter in the room.

Ah, come on, she's just bringing her family into "the business," just like trump. She brought her daughter in as a consultant.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Amazing Noem is putting her job on the line for her daughter getting a 50k a year job. She should have gotten her a government Job with more money and etc with less hassle
Or a cushy public sector job where she does nothing but is being paid mostly to have the governors ear.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Somebody should be able to have some fun with this:

Treasury?
I like the claim that only “some” is tainted - almost all of it is in these trusts to evade paying taxes that non-ultra rich folks have to pay. While only some of it is there to hide more criminal activities.

Simple US tax code fix: every dollar paid or transferred out of a trust should be taxed as ordinary income, with automatic 25% upfront withholding.

Don’t want to pay this minimal tax evasion tax? Keep the money under your own actual name rather than hiding it from creditors and the tax man.

Reactions: Leeea and hal2kilo

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Are there no existing Federal Anti Racketeering/Money Laundering laws to look into these things? This is in the CONUS.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Are there no existing Federal Anti Racketeering/Money Laundering laws to look into these things? This is in the CONUS.
4th amendment generally requiring reason for specific search (not that the government bothers following it at all when doing drug raids or other poor people searches, but that's a whole topic of its own), but for rich people you have to have a reason and specific knowledge to even look into these things.

Combined with South Dakota various unique laws including privacy laws passed by trust management firms (with their legislative lapdogs), makes it impossible to even know where to look, as absolutely no information about the trusts is allowed to be available in SD by statute. One of the Trust firms (first search return) specifically advertises these benefits: https://www.sdtrustco.com/why-south-dakota/privacy-statutes/
Automatic Total Seal in Perpetuity for all court matters involving trusts.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
4th amendment generally requiring reason for specific search (not that the government bothers following it at all when doing drug raids or other poor people searches, but that's a whole topic of its own), but for rich people you have to have a reason and specific knowledge to even look into these things.

Combined with South Dakota various unique laws including privacy laws passed by trust management firms (with their legislative lapdogs), makes it impossible to even know where to look, as absolutely no information about the trusts is allowed to be available in SD by statute. One of the Trust firms (first search return) specifically advertises these benefits: https://www.sdtrustco.com/why-south-dakota/privacy-statutes/
Automatic Total Seal in Perpetuity for all court matters involving trusts.
I'll let all my mafia and drug lord friends know.

Reactions: Leeea

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
And the hits just keep on coming...

Kristi Noem’s daughter surrenders real estate appraiser’s license amid conflict of interest probe | Salon.com

"I am writing you today to express my disappointment and anger that my good name and professional reputation continue to be damaged by questions and misinformation concerning the Appraiser Certification Program," Peters wrote to Hultman in the letter.

She also agreed to surrender her appraiser's license by the end of the year. "I'm angry and I can acknowledge that this has successfully destroyed my business," she added.

Seinfeld , That's a shame.

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002

Kristi Noem’s daughter surrenders real estate appraiser’s license amid conflict of interest probe | Salon.com

"I am writing you today to express my disappointment and anger that my good name and professional reputation continue to be damaged by questions and misinformation concerning the Appraiser Certification Program," Peters wrote to Hultman in the letter.

She also agreed to surrender her appraiser's license by the end of the year. "I'm angry and I can acknowledge that this has successfully destroyed my business," she added.

Did she actually follow thru and surrender her license or did she pull a Brett Favre?

Reactions: Leeea
Nov 17, 2019
"A review was conducted in accordance to the agreed disposition," Bren said. "On July 20th, or around that date, a proposed findings of fact, conclusions of law and order were provided to the applicant."

That means Peters was issued a proposed denial. A week later, the meeting at the mansion took place.

Shortly thereafter, Kassidy Peters entered into a "stipulation agreement" with the Department of Labor.

Bren said over the course of her career she did not use stipulation agreements for appraisal licensure upgrades.

“I’ve not had any experience with a stipulation agreement," Bren said. "That would basically not be within the recognized upgrade procedures and would offer a third opportunity for review. I’ve not experienced that.”

Bren said a stipulation agreement is outside of the normal upgrade process."

But Momma insists there was no special treatment.

• Wow
Reactions: hal2kilo

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
  • Haha
Reactions: JimKiler

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
See.... they were getting ready for the return of Donald Trump.
Allowing private citizens with the BIG BUCKS to determine national security needs.
Next, they'd be sending in the national guard to stop women from having abortions, and to stop gays from ordering wedding cakes.

I seriously wonder if the people out there in America land really actually fully totally realize just how dangerous these Trump people are? All they need now is Donald Trump back in charge, then all of this could become our reality.
Can you imagine Roger Stone and Steve Bannon the deciders of where and how national guard and US troops are to be used? if you can't imagine that, you'd damn well start imagining.

Reactions: Captante

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

an update

Reactions: hal2kilo