Mean President Biden

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
The part that made me feel anger is when he spoke of being tired of being patient, as if his imbecilic liberal tolerance and efforts to reach out his hand would lead to anything but it being bitten off. You destroy evil with everything you've got until that evil repents. Then you extend the hand of mercy but just one time. He was wrong from the beginning in his approach, wrong all the way back through the Obama years, and he should say publicly not that he's tired of being patience, protecting his precious ego, but that he's been a fool for a very long time. That lack of admission just tells me he's still the same fool that he was.

By the way, a maximum effort to fight against evil doesn't require pumping up to some massive level hatred or some childish state of rage and frenzy, it just requires knowing the nature of evil and what it takes to stop it. That is simply holding people accountable for the injustice they do.

Try to understand the difference between holding people accountable for bad behavior and making them suffer so you can feel the same pleasure as they wanted to feel fucking with you. Only conscious awareness can save anybody from becoming what he or she fears.
To many crossed wires here. The lack of trust isn't evil. The fear of a system or process that doesn't make sense to you isn't evil. Those things may or may not be misguided, but they aren't fundamentally wrong.
I know a few folks that refuse to be vaccinated, they don't trust the process for developing and testing it. They're good people, they will always lend a hand to someone in need, they have no desire to harm anyone.
I don't agree with their thinking, or lack thereof, but I would never label them as evil.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
-----------
To many crossed wires here. The lack of trust isn't evil. The fear of a system or process that doesn't make sense to you isn't evil. Those things may or may not be misguided, but they aren't fundamentally wrong.
I know a few folks that refuse to be vaccinated, they don't trust the process for developing and testing it. They're good people, they will always lend a hand to someone in need, they have no desire to harm anyone.
I don't agree with their thinking, or lack thereof, but I would never label them as evil.
I don't call people like that evil. They are quite normal as most liberals are, decent people who believe they can judge for themselves what is good and bad for them. They mistrust much and believe in themselves. But judgement wise they are no more capable of distinguishing truth from falseness because they have been turned into believers. They do not place themselves under the same scrutiny as they do others and are just as untrustworthy. I know this notion does not set well with you. It implies to your mind that a dangerous fanatic like me will somehow get control of things and turn others into marionettes that dance to my crazy tune. But the fact are that I don't know anything either except that I know I don't know and thus turn to the best guess I can find.

In the case of vaccines it is the scientific consensus that they save lives and those who don't get them threaten the lives of those around them but don't care to consider that because of stupid ego. I may be stupid but I am not so ego stupid as many I see who believe in things. I don't believe in anything except that people who think they know things are crazy. Good people can suffer from defective thinking and it can be a threat to humanity. The fight is with the evil of certainty that possesses them. They are also not ignorant by choice. We were all forced to be ignorant in order to survive. Nobody can live in a state of constant utter self contempt that was forced on us by prior sleeping mechanical machines. Everything is exactly as it had to be and there is no one who is to blame. But we waste our lives doing exactly that.

Evil is blaming others for what we will not feel, our inner pain, and then seeking revenge on them for it. That is evil, in my opinion.

There are those who seek refuge for such violence by belonging to some vigilante group like a political party in order to pretend to themselves that because others will justify violence it thus OK for them too. In this way via propaganda evil spreads as howling lunatics in those parties fan the flames. You personally meet them here all the time.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Of course the LEADER of the Republican party Donald Trump has NEVER come across as "angry and confrontational" in any of his speeches... lol. In fact the former liar in chief will be holding a batshit rally in Arizona very soon. He will speak in loving and truthful tones. His speech will be bringing us all together. A truly epic speech for the ages. After all he IS the Republican party. In fact! .... The Dealey Plaza cult is headed to Loser Donald’s speech in AZ, which they expect to feature live music by Michael Jackson, Prince, Whitney Houston, Janis Joplin, Tupac Shakur and John Lennon with Aaliyah providing backup vocals

This is the man who speaks for the Repubilcan party and Republican voters. The Trump cult is getting whackier and whackier. It has boiled down to a group of mentally ill people and those who are trying to grift off them. Aren't you proud Republicans?

"Yet another possible appearance by JFK"

Oy.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
Mean Joe Biden had a bad day. 7% inflation, 33% quinnipac poll, Sinema and Manchin publicly buck the party, SCOTUS shoots down vax mandate, and House GOP campaign has raised $140 mil this year, a 65% increase from 2019.

Thanks for paving the way for GOP supermajorities and a lame duck president for the next 3 years. Plenty of blame to go around but his agenda is beyond torpedoed.

At least we don't have to worry about election shenanigans at the state legislature level. Should be easy, legit GOP wins for a few cycles at least.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Mean Joe Biden had a bad day. 7% inflation, 33% quinnipac poll, Sinema and Manchin publicly buck the party, SCOTUS shoots down vax mandate, and House GOP campaign has raised $140 mil this year, a 65% increase from 2019.

Thanks for paving the way for GOP supermajorities and a lame duck president for the next 3 years. Plenty of blame to go around but his agenda is beyond torpedoed.

At least we don't have to worry about election shenanigans at the state legislature level. Should be easy, legit GOP wins for a few cycles at least.
He's starting to look like a dud. Can't spend all his time blaming Manchin and Sinema. He needs to get something passed.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
He's starting to look like a dud. Can't spend all his time blaming Manchin and Sinema. He needs to get something passed.
Biden can't do shit. He's not in Congress. Somehow people forget this. Presidents can only enact as much policy as Congress will let them.

And with 48+2+1, there's very little chance anything Biden actually wants will get passed. Literally half of Congress will say no, just because it's Democrat policy, regardless of how good that policy might actually be

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
It was confrontational and angry. I assume Joe was trying to come across as a strong leader, but to me, it fell flat.
His audience doesnt want a strong leader is my guess.
If you’re a sucker for strong leaders I suggest you go into therapy to examine why that is.
Strong is weak.

Reactions: dank69

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
If you're a Trump supporter and you like to call other peoples' speeches 'incoherent', 'angry', 'confrontational', 'beneath his office', or 'mean', YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE.

Reactions: dank69 and cytg111

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
His audience doesnt want a strong leader is my guess.
If you’re a sucker for strong leaders I suggest you go into therapy to examine why that is.
Strong is weak.
I agree. Joe came off looking like a wanabe tough guy and it didn't work.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I agree. Joe came off looking like a wanabe tough guy and it didn't work.
I dont know man, I didnt get that vibe... I got that vide with Trump though, weak ass man acting tough, you know the type... idolizing other "strong men" like The Vlad etc...

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I dont know man, I didnt get that vibe... I got that vide with Trump though, weak ass man acting tough, you know the type... idolizing other "strong men" like The Vlad etc...
Trump was an ass. That's all. His speeches worked for his supporters because because he kept the issues clearly and simply defined.
You and I clearly have very different concepts of what a strong man is. Any asshole can be a tough guy, that just makes him an asshole squared.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Trump was an ass. That's all. His speeches worked for his supporters because because he kept the issues clearly and simply defined.
You and I clearly have very different concepts of what a strong man is. Any asshole can be a tough guy, that just makes him an asshole squared.
Which President do you feel was a strong leader?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Trump speaking clearly and simply. You're a funny one.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Calling Trump "just an ass" is beyond generous.

He was a disgrace to the office of the president, to America, and the single biggest national security threat in the country for 4 years, contributing to geopolitical instability and economic insecurity. We are all the weaker for it.

He spoke simply because he has a simple mind. When you say "who could have guessed healthcare would be so complicated" the answer is "FUCKING EVERYONE".

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
It not that kind of a drug. It's really not for pleasure although, the high from acid is not even comparable to a pot high. Use very sparingly. Actual LDS "heads" have a great likely hood of ending up in a straight jacket somewhere. There are those that propose daily micro doses though. So many universes, so little time.
Some experiments with cebil seems to be in order.

Hahahahahaahahahaaaaaaaaa......acid heads ending up in straight jackets.

Been dropping the shit since the early 1970's.....I do have some experience with it and pot.....not to mention working as an RN in an ER and seeing the truly bad shit out there that actually did damage. Interestingly, not a single drug problem that I saw over decades coming to the ER was from LSD or its compatriots. Seeing someone with alcohol problems, on the other hand, was a daily occurrence.

Reactions: dank69

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Biden wasn't mean or angry, he was frustrated.
If you watch a small child walking into the street full of rushing traffic, you know that child is going to be hit.
Biden watches as the loonies take over the country, and Biden knows how to protect people and Biden knows how to help people with things like vaccines and BBB and voter rights, but we have a small handful of Trump loonies running the show and that will end up hurting Americans and yes even hurting republicans. Seriously, republicans should be careful what they wish for.

The one thing I hate hearing from disillusioned republicans who have finally figured out that believing in Trump was not such a good idea after all, but what I hate hearing from those people is.... their boo hoo buyers remorse.
A perfect example, the unvaccinated in the ICU clinging to life and "now wishing" that they had been vaccinated. I don't want to hear their boo hoo buyers remorse stories. I don't want to hear the boo hoo buyers remorse stories from those insurrectionist facing serious jail time and regretting that they listened to Donald Trump. I don't want to hear it.

Next up on the big radar is the ending of that $300 child tax credit. That ends today. No more $300 checks for you mom and dads. And the people I personally hear screaming the loudest about this loss are republican Trumpie parents. They just love that Joe Biden can't get his agenda passed.... oh wait! What about my $300?
Yes Mr and Mrs middle class Trumpie republican, what...??? about...??? you're...??? $300 dollars ??????
It makes me laugh.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

So are you going to vote Republican then. So concerned.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Hahahahahaahahahaaaaaaaaa......acid heads ending up in straight jackets.

Been dropping the shit since the early 1970's.....I do have some experience with it and pot.....not to mention working as an RN in an ER and seeing the truly bad shit out there that actually did damage. Interestingly, not a single drug problem that I saw over decades coming to the ER was from LSD or its compatriots. Seeing someone with alcohol problems, on the other hand, was a daily occurrence.
You drop 1 or twice a week? I would think not. Some people back in the day did more than that. It was the demise of Moby Grape. Remember Sid? I suspect though, that most of those people, being in the right age being late teenagers, or young adults, were already working on a case of schizophrenia and the acid pushed them over. My old school roommate went over to the other side on a dose of some ridiculously strong Atlanta purple barrel that was like 3/8 of an inch tall. You could easily have halved them. He laid down in his bed and looked like he was going to bed, then he popped back up and thought he had been in a motorcycle accident. I was having so much fun looking at bunch a guys doing a Chinese fire drill in and out of a car on a Billy the Mountain poster for the Mothers of Invention, at the time. Now I had to play baby sitter, which was no fun, but I handled it. Later, I did some much milder stuff with him, and he would drift off to be someone else in slices. I never dropped with him again after that, but I felt he shouldn't do that sort of thing anymore.

870788f691cb4041c070df1867c619cc.jpg

Last edited:

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Biden's speech Jan 19 2022

AAUGH!!!
Biden did everything and said everything except what Biden needed to say.
And this drives me crazy with democrats in general, that when a democrat has the national audience, democrats fail to say the simple words "If you want things to change, then vote for democrats in November".

During this speech, Biden came soooooo close to just saying those words.... if you don't like it then vote for democrats.
No one seems to be making that connection, to connect the dots for the public, where the answer to current legislation stalemates and to progress on BBB and voting rights, the answer to the presumed assumption that nothing is getting done is to simply elect more democrats. Not republicans, but only democrats.
I would just """LOVE""" for Joe Biden to say just once, after being asked about Manchin or Sinema objection to his agenda, "THEN ELECT MORE DEMOCRATS!!!"

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Biden's speech Jan 19 2022

AAUGH!!!
Biden did everything and said everything except what Biden needed to say.
And this drives me crazy with democrats in general, that when a democrat has the national audience, democrats fail to say the simple words "If you want things to change, then vote for democrats in November".

During this speech, Biden came soooooo close to just saying those words.... if you don't like it then vote for democrats.
No one seems to be making that connection, to connect the dots for the public, where the answer to current legislation stalemates and to progress on BBB and voting rights, the answer to the presumed assumption that nothing is getting done is to simply elect more democrats. Not republicans, but only democrats.
I would just """LOVE""" for Joe Biden to say just once, after being asked about Manchin or Sinema objection to his agenda, "THEN ELECT MORE DEMOCRATS!!!"
All I know is that most of the MSN reporters have become a danger to democracy.
Old man sure doesn't have dementia. I couldn't stand up there for almost 2 hours. Yea, he stumbles on words, but he has a stuttering problem.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
All I know is that most of the MSN reporters have become a danger to democracy.
Old man sure doesn't have dementia. I couldn't stand up there for almost 2 hours. Yea, he stumbles on words, but he has a stuttering problem.
Yup the Newsmax reporter. “Why in this morning’s poll, 49% have worries about your mental competency”. Biden’s answer to the reporters, you be the judge!!! The orange monkey would have been rambling after 30 minutes

Reactions: hal2kilo