MCSE/MCSA Books

wetcat007

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2002
I was looking at this bookset seemed to get some decent user reviews. Comes with 1500 practise questions. Any other book suggestions or is this a good choice?

ndruw

Feb 7, 2006
um, my suggestion isnt really a good one, but I was planning on self-studying over the summer. I changed my mind. After reading a couple articles saying that Certs are watered down and worthless, I figured they might be right.

I personally wouldn't suggest doing MCSE/MCSA unless its a requirement for business

If you decide to do it anyways, yes, I hear that bookset is pretty much the best out there, but from what I hear you are gonna need some XP/2000/Server2k/2K3 computers to practice on

wetcat007

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2002
Originally posted by: ndruw
um, my suggestion isnt really a good one, but I was planning on self-studying over the summer. I changed my mind. After reading a couple articles saying that Certs are watered down and worthless, I figured they might be right.

I personally wouldn't suggest doing MCSE/MCSA unless its a requirement for business

If you decide to do it anyways, yes, I hear that bookset is pretty much the best out there, but from what I hear you are gonna need some XP/2000/Server2k/2K3 computers to practice on

Computer to practice on is no problem, I'm planning on getting my bachelors degree in CIS, and want some certs to help my resume a bit more when im done with that.

I thought that Cisco certs of MCSE certs were still somewhat valuable? I don't know can't hurt having them I suppose.

ndruw

Feb 7, 2006
watch out for too many certs on a resume - after so many listed, employers begin to wonder...