McSame?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: daveymark
Originally posted by: Genx87
Originally posted by: Lemon law
By the way, where does this notion that McCain is a true war hero come from? He basically rode around in a plane and
dropped bombs on civilians in a futile and unquestioning effort to win a war we ended up losing
. Then one fine day he got hit by a surface to air missile and became a POW. And outnumbered, he meekly surrendered. He may have been a defiant prisoner, but so were most of his fellows.

Taking nothing away from McCain because he still risked his life in combat, but the same could be said of nearly all our soldiers in past and present wars. Where are those valorous deeds that elevates him way above that crowd of fellow soldiers to the point he becomes a hero? And exactly what did the man learn in the process? Precious little as far as I am concerned.

Is that basically what he did?

Make sure that "I support the troops" bumper sticker is on tight.

:laugh:

that said, I'd be surprised if most on the left felt the same way. Most of the level headed ones accept that he's a war hero(as are most soldiers), but simply disagree with his policies and ideologies. being a war hero doesn't matter as much as it used to anyway, so it's a moot point, and definitely not a point worth arguing over.

I agree. Only the most left of loonbats could believe that. I also agree on the war hero stuff. Bush beat Kerry, who actually served in vietnam, in the last election cycle. Clinton beat Bush senior who served in WWII.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Lemon law
By the way, where does this notion that McCain is a true war hero come from? He basically rode around in a plane and
dropped bombs on civilians in a futile and unquestioning effort to win a war we ended up losing. Then one fine day he got hit by a surface to air missile and became a POW. And outnumbered, he meekly surrendered. He may have been a defiant prisoner, but so were most of his fellows.

Taking nothing away from McCain because he still risked his life in combat, but the same could be said of nearly all our soldiers in past and present wars. Where are those valorous deeds that elevates him way above that crowd of fellow soldiers to the point he becomes a hero? And exactly what did the man learn in the process? Precious little as far as I am concerned.
War hero...
In July 1968, McCain's father was named commander of all U.S. forces in the Vietnam theater.[2] McCain was immediately offered early release.[37] The North Vietnamese wanted a worldwide propaganda coup by appearing merciful, and also wanted to show other POWs that elites like McCain were willing to be treated preferentially.[42] McCain turned down the offer of repatriation; he would only accept the offer if every man taken in before him was released as well.[48]
He spent 4 more years as a POW after being given a chance to go free.
When you look at the hell he went through in those four years I'd call him a hero.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
We hate ourselves and we acquired that disease by being put down and called names. If you want people to stop calling others names you will have to figure out, first, how to get people to see the damage that was done to them by this means and to do that you will have to figure out how to help them feel the very last thing they will ever want to feel, the very thing they will destroy the world before they feel, how much like the worst in the world we all now really do feel. Good luck. The truth is completely unknown for a reason. To know it you have to know you feel worthless and the only way to really know that is to re-experience how you were made to feel that way.

*we* ?

again

are you pregnant?

rose.gif

speak for yourself .. try *I*
- the Truth is clearly only Unknown to you .. your religion is BS for the rest of us .. your hateful illusion

you still don't get it - blind guide - the damage is *caused* by your religion; it is an evil joke on you and the other sheepies - to control you!
Religion - all organized religion - needs to be taken out of the way - and replaced with something much better, that is adaptive and practical; Religion needs to eliminated as a source of 'all confusion' for humans - then we can make real progress after we dump the ignorant fear and superstition that is your god - he is a god of confusion and your confused ramblings are evidently the result of your vision of him.
- not me, i'd rather just directly deal with the demon you fear and attempt to hide from

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Jhhnn
From the ever-faithful

It seems they(the left) is still trying to beat Bush so they've been trying to make the claim that McCain = Bush. Won't work.

Heh. Perhaps you'd care to elucidate the differences, the real differences, the ones that are matters of policy rather than personality?

Like this example wrt tax policy-

http://www.washingtonpost.com/...ration/register?=AR

What's different?

What's different about his approach to energy, education, environment, fiscal matters, foreign relations in general and Iraq in particular?

Fill us in, educate us- don't just claim it won't work, insinuating it's not true...

Because for anybody with more than a few functional grey cells, it certainly appears to be true...

Let me put it to you this way- how could McCain obtain the trust and admiration of the Bush Faithful if it weren't true?

edit- typo

Don't expect an honest answer.

All the Bush faithful have been doing is saying everybody is stupid.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: apoppin
We hate ourselves and we acquired that disease by being put down and called names. If you want people to stop calling others names you will have to figure out, first, how to get people to see the damage that was done to them by this means and to do that you will have to figure out how to help them feel the very last thing they will ever want to feel, the very thing they will destroy the world before they feel, how much like the worst in the world we all now really do feel. Good luck. The truth is completely unknown for a reason. To know it you have to know you feel worthless and the only way to really know that is to re-experience how you were made to feel that way.

*we* ?

again

are you pregnant?

rose.gif

- the Truth is clearly only Unknown to you .. your religion is BS for the rest of us .. your hateful illusion

you still don't get it - blind guide - the damage is *caused* by your religion; it is an evil joke on you and the other sheepies - to control you!
Religion - all organized religion - needs to be taken out of the way - and replaced with something much better, that is adaptive and practical; Religion needs to eliminated as a source of 'all confusion' for humans - then we can make real progress after we dump the ignorant fear and superstition that is your god - he is a god of confusion and your confused ramblings are evidently the result of your vision of him.
- not me, i'd rather just directly deal with the demon you fear and attempt to hide from

I still don't get it? Speak for yourself.

Do you really think telling me you deal directly says anything at all about what that means? Congratulations, you deal directly as if that can't mean about a million things. Why not deal directly by laying your cards on the table and saying what the hell you mean. I find posts to be anything but direct.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
When you look at the hell he went through in those four years I'd call him a hero.
Not to mention he had to hide that watch in his ass. Whoops, wrong hero.

I liked the McCain of 2000 over the McCain of today. Hopefully he's just giving lip service to the idiots who supported Bush to get their support.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

I liked the McCain of 2000 over the McCain of today. Hopefully he's just giving lip service to the idiots who supported Bush to get their support.

And how exactly has he changed? He was a war hawk before, he was a "maverick" before, he didn't vote in lock step with the Rs before and he doesn't now.
I have a feeling that many of you don't like him now because you don't like Rs.... but that's just a hunch.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: apoppin

*we* ?

again

are you pregnant?

rose.gif

I still don't get it? Speak for yourself.

Do you really think telling me you deal directly says anything at all about what that means? Congratulations, you deal directly as if that can't mean about a million things. Why not deal directly by laying your cards on the table and saying what the hell you mean. I find posts to be anything but direct.

how direct do you need me to be

You preach god's love - yet you self-hate and hate

You give idealistic visions - yet they crumble to dust

You support an impossible "heaven" - yet you are more clueless than usual

- my conclusion: i'd say (1) You made a bad choice; (2) your vision is a lie; (3) the god you serve as you describe him is insane; and (4) you are a false prophet

rose.gif

is that clear enough?
- i am bordering in "rude", i think .. but i have no more gentle way to rebuke you

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY

And how exactly has he changed? He was a war hawk before, he was a "maverick" before, he didn't vote in lock step with the Rs before and he doesn't now.
I have a feeling that many of you don't like him now because you don't like Rs.... but that's just a hunch.

I find it interesting that all the left could talk about before he was the nominee was how he's willing to "reach across the aisle", a pillar of bipartisan progress, he can do no wrong...

now that he's the R nominee, all of a sudden he's just another GWB

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

I find it interesting that all the left could talk about before he was the nominee was how he's willing to "reach across the aisle", a pillar of bipartisan progress, he can do no wrong...

What the hell are you talking about? People (myself included) have been trashing McCain for years about his BS on the war, his surrender on torture, his embrace of Bush in 2004, his flip flop on the Bush tax cuts, etc... etc. There's nothing sudden about it.... he's been a grade A turd for quite some time now.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: eskimospy

What the hell are you talking about? People (myself included) have been trashing McCain for years about his BS on the war, his surrender on torture, his embrace of Bush in 2004, his flip flop on the Bush tax cuts, etc... etc. There's nothing sudden about it.... he's been a grade A turd for quite some time now.

Nice :thumbsup:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
a: how direct do you need me to be

M: Direct is direct, I don't think it has flavors.

a: You preach god's love - yet you self-hate and hate

M: So? I have experienced what I think in Zen may be called a small enlightenment, a glimpse of what can become a permanent state, or to some degree more accessible than it is to me. I have known others much farther along than me. I am, in short, just a believer. I know that I hate myself and that you do too, but I also believe what I feel is a lie. I say what I see and believe.

a: you give idealistic visions - yet they crumble to dust

M: Perhaps you will do better. I can't be conscious when I am not and I can't prevent crumbling. I can only reach as far as my level of awareness allows. It's not much, I know.

a: You support an impossible "heaven" - yet you are more clueless than usual

M: There's that damn word impossible. I went to heaven once and it was great. ;)

a: - my conclusion: i'd say (1) You made a bad choice; (2) your vision is a lie; (3) the god you serve as you describe him is insane; and (4) you are a false prophet

M: 1. I don't believe in choice. The unconscious are ruled by the unconscious even to the extent they have no idea they are unconscious. 2. My vision is the certainty of love. It may be a lie but it removed all doubt. 3. I don't believe in the god you believe in or doubt. I don't think you know what I am talking about. 4. I am a nobody and certainly not a prophet.

a: is that clear enough?
- i am bordering in "rude", i think .. but i have no more gentle way to rebuke you

M: I don't believe you can hurt me with words. I believe you can cause me to feel from your words how bad I was made to feel. I believe my pain is my own and my responsibility. But no, it isn't clear in the way I would wish. You don't tell me what you mean by things like impossible heaven and god and why he's insane. These things are a code for you but they don't express what they represent to you when I read them.

Edit: When you deal with subjects close to truth you run into paradox. Got to go out of town now, later.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
M: I don't believe you can hurt me with words. I believe you can cause me to feel from your words how bad I was made to feel. I believe my pain is my own and my responsibility. But no, it isn't clear in the way I would wish. You don't tell me what you mean by things like impossible heaven and god and why he's insane. These things are a code for you but they don't express what they represent to you when I read them.

Edit: When you deal with subjects close to truth you run into paradox. Got to go out of town now, later.

Let me explain further ,, i am "stuck" now i think :p

i do not hate you - just your god - as envisioned by you. i hate the fakeness of your born-again religion; you have definitely changed imo!
- you i love
:heart:

look up "agape" and the shades of meaning; i know you from before - you did have a world-altering and life-changing experience back then nor were you so bitter

i did too - a Biggie! .. Number 4 was this Monday - hopefully my last jolt and brief near-encounter so abruptly with Chaos and just as intense as any "born again" experience .. perhaps even more so, because i think most of you survive it; mine was in doubt much of the time

All i am asking you to do, is truly examine your beliefs and see if they are indeed in harmony with your Teacher; i believe they are not. Your Word says to continually test to see that you are still in the faith and to beware the attitude that you cannot easily 'fall'

also remember Who appears as Light ... but is a false vision, perhaps
- or else you may just be misinterpreting it

rose.gif

i am sorry i did not really mean to say all this .. but i too have the Vision that is not Yours at all .. i believe i see yours quite clearly instead and i thought i'd pass on what i learned on to you .. just in case you might be unaware of the interplay of design, purpose and will

i will check back when you return from town

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: loki8481
was there some memo that went out to all democrats on the internet mandating that all references to McCain be replaced by McSame?

seems like there's half a dozen posters here that all started doing it at the same time.

(for what it's worth, I think all those BS nicknames, Hitlery, Obatsma, McCane, etc, etc, are pretty much pointless distractions and injecting hackery into otherwise fine posts)

If McSame refers to the last 6 months of progress in Iraq, I'll take it!

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Corbett
Originally posted by: loki8481
was there some memo that went out to all democrats on the internet mandating that all references to McCain be replaced by McSame?

seems like there's half a dozen posters here that all started doing it at the same time.

(for what it's worth, I think all those BS nicknames, Hitlery, Obatsma, McCane, etc, etc, are pretty much pointless distractions and injecting hackery into otherwise fine posts)

If McSame refers to the last 6 months of progress in Iraq, I'll take it!

near-civil war held back by our exhausted troops while there is ZERO political progress and the dead and wounded toll continues to mount?

as Afghanistan is lost and Bin Laden attacks us again?

Or perhaps, when Pakistan is taken apart and their generals start grabbing Nukes for themselves?

excellent planning!
- for our enemies and progress toward Armageddon's Event Horizon

McLAME's new title is well deserved ... to keep 1 more month of this stupid and ill conceived and executed deadly drain on US; Bush is a moron and McLame wants "more" sh!t. Thinking people want out now. Bush screwed us; most of you believed the liar in his propaganda war for oil and raw aggression spitting in the Face of the Rest of the World as he formed his "coalition" of anglo-american Raw Aggressive Power to piss off a billion Arabs; he even duped Powell to lie for him in front of the UN

He beat the drum of patriotism - yet the only patriots opposed him from the beginning. He destroyed our Bill of Rights and Spits on our Constitution .. you want MORE? sh!t? He got rid of every general that dared to disagree with the Little Messiah and he put a Junior in charge that is his political lap dog. He has the stupidest Secretary of State ever - and all his Administration is a thieving inefficient joke - like Texas - that also spits on religious freedom and due process in favor of redneck justice.
:Q

Shock and Awe to America's psyche .. and Mission Accomplished in making the USA a hated 3rd Bully world power, with Nukes - in less than 8 years!

Stupid needs to be impeached along with the mastermind War criminal Cheney

i would take any Clinton or Obama over this Republican partisan hell - tearing over country apart over an artificial stupid "marriage" issue and demonizing gays - AFTER he promised to "unite us"! - twice.

Yes .. vote for McSame .. McLame .. and MacDonalds will have another Alzheimer Ronald Actor-Clown in the White House for 4 more years of pure fu@king hell!!!?!

sure that is progress

rose.gif

to armageddon
.. and you still want McSame

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

And I find it interesting that "the right" can't figure out that situations aren't static, and that positions need to change when reality changes. I liked McCain when he was a good politician and a good leader, regardless of the party he was in. Now that he changed his tune because he decided pandering to the right was a good way to become President, I find his brand of politics significantly less appealing. If you don't was me to treat him like just another GWB, it would help if he didn't ACT that way.