MCI Star Trader stock question

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
What the heck is this?
here

my mom gave me a call and wanted me to tell her what I think. As far as I can gather, it looks like a "technical" stock trading software package that uses closing prices to determin trends, and then trades based on those. Anyone have any experience with such a package?

Hector13

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2000
it looks like you are right ... this is some sort of technical analysis trading system.

Personally, I would tell your mom to stear clear and stick with some good old index funds.

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
Anyone else know anything about them? My parent's sound pretty serious about them. I want to smack them upside the head. :)

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
friendly enough to pay $7000 for a stock picking program? For that kind of money, I think they'd be best off using a full service Broker that also advises.

zillafurby

Banned
Mar 16, 2004
look they are nothing. anyone who can clear a profit starts a hedge fund and makes +$100m.

Richard Dennis make over $200m using the 'turtle' system of trend trading. The rules he actually used are featured here:

Turtles

and currently used in a modified form by a multitude of CTA funds.

slydecix

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2001
If you don't take the time to actually learn how technical analysis works, a software package that does it for you won't be any help, imo.

It's like following the advice of a movie critic to go see a movie even though you have no idea how the critic determines whether a movie is good or not.