McDonalds wi-fi guide, Mac vs PC

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
OK so why did you think Mac was capitalised?

Hey man, the letter and key combo's flow through my fingers like lightning, I didn't even know it was all caps until someone pointed it out. You ask me these questions like I give a fuck!

edit: Awesome, in before your edit :)

edit: And a second edit, so now your post is back to the way it was...lol

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010
Hey man, the letter and key combo's flow through my fingers like lightning, I didn't even know it was all caps until someone pointed it out. You ask me these questions like I give a fuck!

Hmm... I doubt that was the answer...

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Funny: My friend called me earlier today to ask how you right-click on a Mac. I told him he could lift the left side of his hand off the mouse and click, but he just couldn't do it. Actually could have been using a touchpad, I don't know. He finally got the Ctrl+Click, though. :D

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com

edit: And a second edit, so now your post is back to the way it was...lol

edit like a boss.

fuck_yeah_.jpg

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
why don't macs have viruses? how do i enable this feature like on windows?

Gain enough market share that the people who write viruses actually think your installed user base is large enough to be worth the effort.

MacOS is no less "prone" to viruses than Windows, it just doesn't represent enough of the market to make it worth writing viruses for Macs. In terms of the number of vulnerabilities patched and the frequency of patches, there's not any meaningful difference between MacOS and Windows.

ZV

dwell

pics?
Oct 9, 1999
Gain enough market share that the people who write viruses actually think your installed user base is large enough to be worth the effort.

If that Mac has 15% market share, shouldn't get get 15% of the viruses? There's like zero Mac viruses and hundreds of thousands of PC viruses. Does not add up.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
If that Mac has 15% market share, shouldn't get get 15% of the viruses? There's like zero Mac viruses and hundreds of thousands of PC viruses. Does not add up.

That is just how insignificant Mac is. Not worth the trouble :cool:

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
No. There's no reason that people who write viruses would proportionally write them for mac and pc depending on their marketshare. o_O

J-Money

Feb 9, 2003

Only a retard would choose to target 15% when they could choose to target 85%. And generally writing a virus is above retard level.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
It would probably help people... press down harder for go and let up for stop with somewhere in the middle closer to neutral.

People would have a faster reaction time when needing to break quickly

Brake