McDonald's sued for $5 million over the cheese on a Quarter Pounder

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Side note; They've been advertising made to order quarter pounders lately, and I want to say they taste a bit better then they used to. I only have a sample size of one, and the difference is subtle, but I think it's an improvement.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

madoka

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2004
Side note; They've been advertising made to order quarter pounders lately, and I want to say they taste a bit better then they used to. I only have a sample size of one, and the difference is subtle, but I think it's an improvement.

All the reviews I read said that McDonald's switch to fresh meat made a noticeable difference in the taste.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
All the reviews I read said that McDonald's switch to fresh meat made a noticeable difference in the taste.

heck yeah, i had a quarter pounder the other day and it was delicious

doubly so because of my buy-one-get-one-for-a-dollar coupon

madoka

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2004
heck yeah, i had a quarter pounder the other day and it was delicious

doubly so because of my buy-one-get-one-for-a-dollar coupon

Dude, you paid a dollar for that second Quarter Pounder?!?!?! You must be one of those ATOT ballers who can afford to throw good money away.

Answer the survey questions on the back of the receipt, and it's buy one get, one free on the Quarter Pounders.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Dude, you paid a dollar for that second Quarter Pounder?!?!?! You must be one of those ATOT ballers who can afford to throw good money away.

Answer the survey questions on the back of the receipt, and it's buy one get, one free on the Quarter Pounders.

ojpc64O.png
i never read the receipt!

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
What ticks me off is having to pay the same $5 for a veggie delight sub from subway when I'm not getting the meat and cheese like their other $5 subs. Then they have the nerve to be stingy with the veggies.

Raizinman

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2007
meettomy.site
Similarly, because I don't like cheese, I order a fish sandwich and tell them NO CHEESE. They are happy to accomodate, but the price of the sandwich stays the same. If I ask them NO CHEESE and add extra tarter sauce or lettuce or onion they want to charge me an extra $0.50. I asked the manger about they once and they said to customize any sandwich takes extra time off the assembly line. They don't want people customizing sandwiches. I then asked a friend of mine who works at McDonalds and he told me that if you order a sandwich with extra pickles, or lettuce, ketchup or whatever, and they start to charge you for it, just argue about it. The clerks have the authority to override these type of transactions and will always just take it off the bill.