McDonald's CEO suddenly dies,Investors start pulling money

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Investors suck, nothing but fair weather creeps:

This guy was truly working so hard it appears it killed him.

You guys label me as hating CEO's etc but I've worked side by side with good Corporate Citizens at the top including previous a top exec of McDonald's (Mr Gruber). You guys think you know everything.

Condolences to Mr Cantalupo's family.

4-19-2004 McDonald's CEO Dies of Heart Attack

Chairman and Chief Executive Jim Cantalupo, who helped turned the company around with a focus on better food and service, died on Monday of an apparent heart attack, the company said.

Cantalupo, 60, died in Orlando, Florida, where he was attending a McDonald's meeting for its restaurant owners and operators.

"The worries are that perhaps there may not be a strong No. 2, since he was known as the one with the strong vision," said Art Hogan, chief market analyst for investment adviser Jefferies & Co. "In the short term, when you have a turnaround focused on one person, there will be a short-term disappointment" in the stock.

Bowmaster

Mar 11, 2002
IMHO Good CEOs deserve the money they make (well, not $30 million/year, but certainly as much as most pro athletes). Bad CEOs need to be tar-and-feathered (Eisner) or put in jail (Kozlowski)- as needed.

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: Bowmaster
IMHO Good CEOs deserve the money they make (well, not $30 million/year, but certainly as much as most pro athletes). Bad CEOs need to be tar-and-feathered (Eisner) or put in jail (Kozlowski)- as needed.

I agree, because Barry Bonds and Darryl Strawberry have done so much for society in general...

drewshin

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
Originally posted by: Bowmaster

I agree, because Barry Bonds and Darryl Strawberry have done so much for society in general...

darryl strawberry and jose canseco i understand, but why barry bonds? :)