McCain tries to calm angry crowd.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: umbrella39
Originally posted by: techs
Originally posted by: Hugh H
Originally posted by: ZOOYUKA
Here is right winger from that crowd that the liberal media doesn't want the American public to see.

link

Please, that guy couldn't be any more of a plant.

BINGO.
See this thread:

http://forums.anandtech.com/me...=2236635&enterthread=y

Never! Not this guy

Who's running his Campaign, the Keystone Cops? Everything they've done has been a comedy of errors starting with picking the sad sack Sarah as his running mate.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Dari
I just have to rely on the good judgment of the voters not to buy into these negative attack ads. Sooner or later, people are going to figure out if all you run is negative attack ads you dont have much of a vision for the future or you're not ready to articulate it."

- John McCain, the NewsHour with Jim Lehrer, 2/21/2000

I was trying to find the quote where McCain said this was going to be a clean campaign about the issues. Anyone got it?

BMW540I6speed

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2005
He suddenly knew this was out of his control. He's been playing to the base side of the fringe right winger, the nut. There was a glimmer of the old John McCain, the guy we used to see, even if it was a farce. His campaign has been nothing short of a complete disappointment. He hired Bush's boys and played the game their way and here they are destroying him one more time. It is South Carolina all over again. In his face everything was apparent, they had misread the public terribly.

This election, the nation isn't prepared to play games, our economy is spiraling downward, quickly, and all McCain's campaign offers is another scare tactic, another gimmick. McCain sold his soul. The look on his face, he was suddenly Gollum, lost without his master, knowing there was something wrong, but his longing for the ring was just to powerful to overcome so he was willing to do what ever it takes. Suddenly he realized it too, he felt it. He realized he sold his soul and it is destroying him. He knew what they'd done was wrong. He'd allowed his campaign to step over the line.

Cranky and stubborn as he is, McCain's overwhelming sense of honor has always been one of his truly winning traits. In just that instant, I saw some of the old McCain trying to break through the smoke of wild-eyed hatred that is emerging from the far right, as he desperately tried to assure the mob that Obama indeed did not have horns and a forked tail or a Koran and a bomb vest, for that matter.

But the crowd wouldn't have it. "The beast is unleashed", and we can only hope that they find something else to distract them before things really get ugly.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Originally posted by: alchemize
Good lord. How quickly you partisan hacks forget the angry "hillary" crowds, racist comments, interviews. And they were in the same damn party!

And they're the same people the McCain campaign has sought to bring over to their side... the same Reagan democrats who've been used and abused for the last 30 years...

They have good reason to be angry- it's just directed at the wrong people...

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Balt
He opened up the Pandora's Box, now he gets to reap the "rewards". The people he and his VP have whipped into a frenzy will turn on him too if he tries to calm them down. They have to feed their need to hate somehow, even if it's by eating their own.

Fundamental is the economic collapse. Very bad economic times gave rise to the Nazi takeover in Germany. The rabble rousing diatribes that McCain/Palin are resorting to is all to reminiscent. Couldn't happen here?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Here is right winger from that crowd that the liberal media doesn't want the American public to see.

link

What was that about? A black "radio host" from WI trying to goad McCain into taking big shots at Obama in the next debate. If that happens it would be apt to backfire. That's nothing compared to people calling for murder, literally.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

I just have to rely on the good judgment of the voters not to buy into these negative attack ads. Sooner or later, people are going to figure out if all you run is negative attack ads you dont have much of a vision for the future or you're not ready to articulate it."

And a couple of hours after he told one rally that "Sen. Obama is a decent person and a person you don't have to be scared of as President of the United States," he was back on the stump spewing fear and smear about Ayres. :roll:

John McCain couldn't keep his Double Talk Express on track if it had training wheels. :thumbsdown:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Originally posted by: CallMeJoe
Originally posted by: dbk
Originally posted by: CptObvious
From Yahoo! News:
"I don't trust Obama," a woman said. "I have read about him. He's an Arab."
Sadly, I know of people who are like her, who get their news from hearsay and e-mail forwards.
Old lady: "He's an Arab."
McCain: "No, he's a decent family-man." WTF
You haven't gotten the memo? All Arabs are terrorist monsters who hate us for our freedoms and want to kill us and pollute our childrens' precious bodily fluids.

General Jack D. Ripper. Speaking of which, when I see McCain and sense his evidently severe problems with at least one arm I am reminded of Peter Sellers' portrayal of Dr. Strangelove himself.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Robor

I was trying to find the quote where McCain said this was going to be a clean campaign about the issues. Anyone got it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbcuqfaroe4

It's a real hoot. Cindy on the Today Show is classic.

I Saw OJ

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
Originally posted by: jonks
Originally posted by: Robor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbcuqfaroe4

It's a real hoot. Cindy on the Today Show is classic.

Cindy McCain reminds me of a female Ric Flair.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Originally posted by: Muse
Originally posted by: Hugh H

link

Please, that guy couldn't be any more of a plant.

yep.

Planted by whom? The Dems? Why?
Turns out he's a local right wing talk show host. Let's see talk show host, only black guy in the crowd, gets a location next to the stage and gets the mic. Naaaaa it's not a plant.

idiotekniQues

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2007
two americas 2012.

these people represent the republican/foxnews base.

do them a favor, give them their own country to run in the ground.

blue state america 2012, rid ourseves of these red state hicks

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: dbk
Apparently that old lady who called Obama an Arab got interviewed on camera
Pretty scary to think that there are so many others just like her, the uninformed baby boomers. She doesn't even buy the fact that McCain was speaking the truth in rejecting that notion.

Holy Christ. Just like there is an age restriction that one must be 18 to vote, there should be a test to show you are not batshit insane once you turn 70 to continue being able to vote.