TubStain

Apr 19, 2001
I'm a recent graduate and have worked for about a year now for a non-profit. I'm looking to do my MBA starting Fall 04 (which would give me 2 years of work experience). I come from a Computer Engineering background and have recently found myself very interested in Finance and investments, and would like to do it professionally, so I figured getting an MBA would be the route to follow.

Am I looking down the wrong tunnel? I am more interested in learning business finance/entrepreneurship principles than management principles, and I was wondering if companies hire directly from MBa for those roles, rather than straight up team leader roles. I tried lookinginto getting an undergrad degree in business but apparently colleges dont take you for that once you get already have an undergraduate degree.

Just wondering if there are any MBA's out there that can offer some advice.

TIA

AgentEL

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2001
I have a friend that is pursuing a second bachelor's degree in Business at San Francisco State. She got her undergrad in Computer Science.

gotsmack

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2001
Originally posted by: TubStain
I'm a recent graduate and have worked for about a year now for a non-profit. I'm looking to do my MBA starting Fall 04 (which would give me 2 years of work experience). I come from a Computer Engineering background and have recently found myself very interested in Finance and investments, and would like to do it professionally, so I figured getting an MBA would be the route to follow.

Am I looking down the wrong tunnel? I am more interested in learning business finance/entrepreneurship principles than management principles, and I was wondering if companies hire directly from MBa for those roles, rather than straight up team leader roles. I tried lookinginto getting an undergrad degree in business but apparently colleges dont take you for that once you get already have an undergraduate degree.

Just wondering if there are any MBA's out there that can offer some advice.

TIA

That chick from HP, Carly Fiona or something like that, got her under grad degree in English and then went on for her MBA.

When you go for your MBA you can choose a concentration (like a major) so don't worry about it.