Maybe Trump was right about that wire tap deal Manafort was the target

Feb 4, 2009
I predict holy hell to break loose over this (sorry Mods)

US investigators wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort under secret court orders before and after the election, sources tell CNN, an extraordinary step involving a high-ranking campaign official now at the center of the Russia meddling probe.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/18/politics/paul-manafort-government-wiretapped-fisa-russians/index.html

May as well get the party started now
@sportage @glenn1 @werepossum @fskimospy and the Taj alt @Alpha One Seven

Last edited:

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Reactions: Engineer

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
He was under investigation since 2014 as apart of another investigation and the investigation was stopped then started again when the FBI noticed unusual communications between manafort and Russia.

The only new information to this is the details and the fact that manafort was under investigation since back in 2014.

Reactions: Aegeon
Feb 4, 2009
Why are you tagging me as I don't care? Secret court orders are still court orders so the system is working as intended with the proper oversight.

Please accept my apology, I though I remember you being pissed about Obama tapping Trump

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Please accept my apology, I though I remember you being pissed about Obama tapping Trump

I'm opposed generally to the level of surveillance the U.S. Government is routinely against its citizens but not typically specific instances approved for cause by FISA courts. *IF* Obama broke the law somehow to wiretap Trump then prosecute him but I highly doubt that occurred.

Reactions: Engineer
Feb 4, 2009
I'm opposed generally to the level of surveillance the U.S. Government is routinely against its citizens but not typically specific instances approved for cause by FISA courts. *IF* Obama broke the law somehow to wiretap Trump then prosecute him but I highly doubt that occurred.

Fair enough I apologize

Feb 4, 2009
More fake news:

gXpo0cq.jpg

I'm sure it's Obama

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I predict holy hell to break loose over this (sorry Mods)

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/18/politics/paul-manafort-government-wiretapped-fisa-russians/index.html

May as well get the party started now
@sportage @glenn1 @werepossum @fskimospy and the Taj alt @Alpha One Seven

I don't understand the point? If persons at Trump tower were wiretapped as the result of a court order that means a judge thought there was probable cause they committed a crime. That's perfectly normal.

I mean if Trump's accusation was that criminals at his property were being wiretapped... uhmmm... okay.

Reactions: Aegeon

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
I don't understand the point? If persons at Trump tower were wiretapped as the result of a court order that means a judge thought there was probable cause they committed a crime. That's perfectly normal.

I mean if Trump's accusation was that criminals at his property were being wiretapped... uhmmm... okay.

Probable cause and perfectly normal or not are subjective. What's objective is that Obama is due benefit of the doubt that Trump hasn't earned and probably never will. I disagree with some of Obama's political stands but don't doubt his basic integrity.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Aaaaaand now it looks like Manafort is going to be indicted by the Mueller team. Let's see how Trump pooh-poohs this potentially damaging occurrence to his administration.

I really do hope this happens as I'd like to see how this reverberates around the West Wing.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Aaaaaand now it looks like Manafort is going to be indicted by the Mueller team. Let's see how Trump pooh-poohs this potentially damaging occurrence to his administration.

I really do hope this happens as I'd like to see how this reverberates around the West Wing.

I really dont hope they are setting him up as the scapegoat to consume all sins...

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

If it was a 'secret' court order then how did Trump learn about it? Is that the illegal leaking he keeps blabbering about?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
why do republicans have to play the evil empire all the time?
Might as well. It isn't like conservatives are going to vote for liberals anyway. Hell, even "independents" reward their bad behavior.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
If it was a 'secret' court order then how did Trump learn about it? Is that the illegal leaking he keeps blabbering about?

The president is the original classification source so nothing can be top secret for him to know.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The president is the original classification source so nothing can be top secret for him to know.

Please. There's no indication that his wiretap claim was based in reality any more than the bigly-est inauguration crowd ever, Mexico paying for the wall, Bowling Green massacre or 5M illegal votes. When Trump speaks, assume it's bullshit & you'll be right nearly all of the time.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Please. There's no indication that his wiretap claim was based in reality any more than the bigly-est inauguration crowd ever, Mexico paying for the wall, Bowling Green massacre or 5M illegal votes. When Trump speaks, assume it's bullshit & you'll be right nearly all of the time.

I never said anything about what his claim was based on, I just stated a simple fact that nothing is too secret for the president.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
The Fox/Trump zealot comments on these articles and on FB are off the charts (more so than usual)
These people really are stark raving mad.