Maybe the problem isn't guns, terrorism, inequality or anything

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I suspect it's more than you think. When Muslims in a population reach critical mass, they go crazy.

Problems with this post:

1 - referring to people in a way that suggests that they're mindless drones
2 - "critical mass", LOL.

Here's a re-write of your post which has less sweeping generalisations in, and is more accurate:

I suspect it's more than you think. When people who believe every spoon-fed word through sensationalistic headlines by the media reach critical mass, they go crazy.

I can imagine what the equivalent would have been if the UK media thought they could have gotten away with it, in the era of regular IRA bombings:

"THE IRISH: THEY ARE AMONG US"

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
The problem is we have been told for years in school and on TV that man is a violent, antisocial, and easily mislead beast. Thus you get the kind of ignorant hypothesis you see in this thread.

The truth is that humanity's number one survival trait is the ability to live together in large groups in relative harmony. That is the key trait that has allowed us to survive long enough to create tools, evolve, and become the dominant lifeform on this planet.

Let me sum it up for you this way OP, if everything man touched he destroyed, then how would we still be here? We've had the tech to wipe out humanity for nearly 100 years now and we are still here. It isn't because mankind is some warped, nefarious creature.

I do have to wonder about people who hold this belief to be true though, possible self projection?
This may be true even though I think there are more bad people than what you imply. I could be wrong, and your post may be true.

I wanted to address the relative harmony part, meaning the word relative implies you feel some people, maybe just a few, are bad or crazy or whatever term is used. And I would agree of course. I ask because I'm contemplating a desire for a nuclear World War 3. I'm angry that some people high up in various governments over the years have threatened the use of nukes with the notion that a nuclear war is winnable.

So am I bad, evil or crazy for wanting WW3 for that reason? And what if I wanted WW3 just because it can be done, would that still make me evil or nuts? I'm an anarchist and warmonger in belief, that is I've kept it legal, just posting comments on the net that are within the law. I tend to lean to the left politically and I'm registered as an independent voter in CA.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
This may be true even though I think there are more bad people than what you imply. I could be wrong, and your post may be true.

I wanted to address the relative harmony part, meaning the word relative implies you feel some people, maybe just a few, are bad or crazy or whatever term is used. And I would agree of course. I ask because I'm contemplating a desire for a nuclear World War 3. I'm angry that some people high up in various governments over the years have threatened the use of nukes with the notion that a nuclear war is winnable.

So am I bad, evil or crazy for wanting WW3 for that reason? And what if I wanted WW3 just because it can be done, would that still make me evil or nuts? I'm an anarchist and warmonger in belief, that is I've kept it legal, just posting comments on the net that are within the law. I tend to lean to the left politically and I'm registered as an independent voter in CA.

Love is the answer to evolution.