Maybe I'm over thinking this..

TheKub

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2001
The directions for the section of the application:

In the space provided indicate the total number of years of experience you have in the type of work described by the following statements. On the lines following each statement describe/explain your experience in this area.

So, there is a single box to indicate the number of years experience and the following question:

Describe your knowledge, skill and ability to demonstrate a high degree of technical proficiency in leading edge and established technologies, operating systems, relational database management systems, and web enabling technologies.

Lets start off by figuring out what is leading edge tech? And what is established tech? I have been working in IT for 8 years, what about something that was leading edge when I started but is now established? How can the generic "operating systems" be lumped in with relational DB management and web enabling technology? What is web enabling technology anyway? it seems to be a catch all term. Do they mean IIS, Java, PHP, IP?? How the heck and I supposed to make one coherent reply with a single answer to the number of years experience?

Bonus questions.

Describe your knowledge and experience with Identity Management.

I answered the question by talking about my generic network experience thinking they were asking about the generic idea of using a network account to verify and access data on a server (as listed Here) But they have a number of references to Novell and Im not sure if they were really asking about Novell's "Identity Manager" product.

Describe your experience with Linx.

I am answering it like they asked about Linux as they have several RedHat\SUSE questions. Is there something called Linx that I am oblivious to?

TheKub

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2001
Well. I guess I have to take everyones silence to mean that everyone is as baffled as I am. :frown:

Can I at least get a WTF?

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
You'll get a dozen WTFs from me. WTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTF

Happy? ;)

huberm

Golden Member
Dec 17, 2004
let me guess, a KSA for a government job

those things are really hard to fill out. Basically put in lots of keywords and numbers that the HR rep can scan

bsobel

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Dec 9, 2001
If you don't know what Identity Management is I'm gonna guess your not right for the job your applying for ;)

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: bsobel
If you don't know what Identity Management is I'm gonna guess your not right for the job your applying for ;)

I majored in Identity Management.
That's why you have never figured out my 8 other accounts here.
Thanks care,
Anand

gooseman

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
If you can't even figure out the application what makes you think they are going to hire you?

TheKub

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2001
Originally posted by: huberm
let me guess, a KSA for a government job

those things are really hard to fill out. Basically put in lots of keywords and numbers that the HR rep can scan

Yeah, its for a county job. A few questions down it gets better, they ask about specific topics like AD, DNS, EDirectory, etc and not hodgepodge clusterf@$% questions.