Maxine Waters, chair of the Finance Committee, tries to blame banks for student loan debt. Doesn't seem to realize Obama nationalized in 2010.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
If I cared about gambling, I'd do odds on how many threads the OP will make to try and distract from Mueller's report and the shenanigans that Turmp and the GOP are resorting to in order to try and keep the American people from finding out what's in it.

I'm looking forward to the report. Your collusion delusion is strong, your impeachment dream is dead. I didn't see any of you apologize in that other thread... very small of you.

Reactions: Challenger

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I'm looking forward to the report. Your collusion delusion is strong, your impeachment dream is dead. I didn't see any of you apologize in that other thread... very small of you.

Because there’s nothing to apologize for.

This is unlike how Trump has never apologized for his years long, racist lies about Obama. We do agree that Trump should be ashamed of himself and apologize for his racism though, right?

(Buh buh buh HILLARY incoming)

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I like how slow makes all these conclusions without knowing what is in the report just because trump says it.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I like how slow makes all these conclusions without knowing what is in the report just because trump says it.

That’s because he doesn’t actually care what’s in the report. We can already predict what he will say about it, we don’t need him.

If something is good: see? Trump was right all along.

If something is ambiguous: see? Trump was right all along.

If something is bad: the investigators were biased.

Mar 11, 2004

Because he's attempting to obfuscate and spread FUD. No need to let him bait you into long drawn out threads about whatever minor issue he's trying to act like is some major thing while he tries to lie about and deliberately spread disinformation about things that matter far more.

Its very apparent what him and others (like Ugly Cassanova although he seems to be more reactive where there will be some racist situation and then he'll go on a posting spree afterwards to try and prop up his "racism isn't a problem and if it is, its the people talking about it that are the real racists causing the problems!") are trying to do as their behavior is pretty predictable. Just like I predicted that the conservatives would crawl out of the woodwork to try and gloat about Kavanaugh (and then when it blew up in their face as that situation turned into a shitshow for them they then tried to change the narrative; they tried gloating afterward but deep down even they know how horrible he was, just like deep down they know how horrible so much of these conservatives are and so they don't try to defend them that much; they definitely have a thing for Turmp though as even though they also can clearly see he's awful - they regularly openly say as much, they still constantly defend him and whatever bullshit he's foisted upon them), other times they try to get ahead of things and muddy things up before the shitshow happens.

Turmp being compromised by Russia (and anyone willing to whisper sweet nothings in his ear and promise him potential riches) is a HUGE deal, hence why they've been trying to obfuscate the entire time and have literally spent the past few years building up their idiotic chants because they need to have their cult mentality in swing or else it could actually finally shatter the sham that is their distorted reality, forcing them to have to actually accept and deal with objective reality.

Last edited:

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
I wasn't referring to anything slowspyder said. My issue is with many on ATPN that bring Trump in on every thread that they can. Hey, the guy's not my favorite person, but he doesn't live in my head like it sure seems that he does in so many.

As to the thread about Waters, I do, in fact, care about politicians saying stupid things. Yes, Trump has tweeted out some real doozies; I'll freely admit that. Some are utterly cringe-worthy. Be that as it may, Waters is an effing MORON; she's an embarrassment to the Ds. It bugs the hell out of me that many Ds won't disavow their own idiots. I'm not being in any way unreasonable and you know it.

Who said that? I simply noted that SlowSpyder is transparently dishonest by pretending to care if politicians say stupid things.

I don't get this whole idea where we all know SlowSpyder is lying about caring if politicians say stupid things but we have to pretend we don't know that in order to adhere to some standard of discourse that he has no interest in.

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
The student loan debt problem is primarily a function of that debt not being subject to bankruptcy. If there were risk, the banks wouldn't lend as much money. If they didn't lend as much money, the schools couldn't charge as much. If they couldn't charge as much, they'd have to become more financially competitive. A close relative of mine in a high position at a local state college estimates that he could easily and quickly cut the budget by 15% and not effect the education of a single student. Their department has to come up with ways to spend any surplus or else lose that budget next year.

I don't blame the schools, they will charge as much as the market can bear. If the market gets a boost from delicious government money, then the schools will boost their delicious tuition. I also don't blame the banks. If they can loan out money at absolutely zero risk, then they will do this (as they should). I do blame the government programs/laws that artificially and predictably makes college more expensive.