msi 645 ultra ddr333
256 mb cl2 ddr333 corsair
antec true 430
7200 rpm wd 40 gb hard drive
Gefroce 2 GTS by asus 32mb pure
stock intel hatsink/fan
hp writer
asus cd rom drive

what are the fsb and vcore settings for maximum stable overclocked cpu ???

please help i know people around here are very talented :)))

thanks

Blurry

Mar 19, 2002
It depends if you are lucky or not to get a good processor. I think hitting 2.4GHz is a 95% chance. 2.5 GHz-2.6 GHz is a 72% chance and finall 2.7 and up is rare and unlikely (unless you are very lucky). For instance...I have two 1.8A..one hit the 1GHz overclock and other got a 600MHz o/c..wouldn't go any higher. However...you are serious about overclocking, I suggest you look for a better cooler other than the Stock HeatSink/Fan.

:D

AnAndAustin

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2002
;) Yeah it does come down to luck and individual chip specifics, most people hit 533FSB and 2.4ghz perf. You just have to try raising things a little at a time and test thoroughly for any weaknesses. When you reach the limit check that your dividers adn RAM timings aren't the limiting factors and then you can either back off a couple of notches or else raise the voltage. Raising the voltage usually allows that little bit more o/c but seriously produces a lot more heat and significantly ages your CPU.

:eek: I hope you aren't o/c'ing to enhance gaming perf as a GF2GTS will almost entirely kill that idea ... even when you're at 2.4ghz and 533FSB expect a Duron 1.3ghz 200FSB with a sub-$100 GF3/Rad8500 to give you VERY stiff competition! Are you waiting for NV30 ... if so you're much more patient than me!

enginekhaled

May 31, 2002
1t of all thanks for ur help ... but i really wanna know if the volcano 7+ (the one works on msi 645 ultra) is a good choice or not for me to reach 2.4~2.7 ?

2nd .. is there anyway that i can rais the fsb to 133 w/o rasing vcore since it ages the cpu and if not ,, what is the exact amount of vcore increase that i should do ??

thanks for ur help

my 1.8a specs ar as follwos

sSpec number SL63X
core voltage 1.5 v
costa rica

CrazySaint

Platinum Member
May 3, 2002
Originally posted by: enginekhaled
1t of all thanks for ur help ... but i really wanna know if the volcano 7+ (the one works on msi 645 ultra) is a good choice or not for me to reach 2.4~2.7 ?

2nd .. is there anyway that i can rais the fsb to 133 w/o rasing vcore since it ages the cpu and if not ,, what is the exact amount of vcore increase that i should do ??

thanks for ur help

my 1.8a specs ar as follwos

sSpec number SL63X
core voltage 1.5 v
costa rica

The vast majority of 1.8As can handle 133MHz FSB at or very near default voltage. Actually, your motherboard may be the limiting factor in your overclock, especially if it doesn't have a PCI/AGP lock (I lose track of which SiS chipsets support PCI/AGP lock and which don't) and MSI isn't generally known for making very OC friendly boards. A better choice would have been one of the i845G/E/PE based board from Asus, Abit, or EPoX.

Duvie

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
Some 1.8a will oc to 2.4ghz or 533fsb at default vcore...my SL63X did 2.44ghz at default vcore....

You need to get to 133fsb at a minimum though...sis chipset lack agp/pci locks and you need to get to 133fsb to set the pci divider to 1/4 and put agp/pci devices back to spec....

If you have to ,1.6v would be perfectly suitbale and should really not effect the life expectancy in terms of your use any...1.6v at actual idle not what is set in bios as it often differs. see next item....

Also msi boards undervolt sometimes severly so look in bios and see what actually vcore is listed at. I have a hunch it is 1.43-1.44v so you should boost bios to 1.55v-1.575v to get it close to actual vcore anyways or you don't have a chance in he11 of reaching 133fsb.