Max Payne 3

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
Hell yes!

Although I must say that MP2 was worse than the original. Story just felt lamer... I mean.. c'mon, max gets shot in the head with a friggin' .45 and survives? Do these people even know what happens to someone's head when he gets shot like this at close range?
Also, after the 1st one, it didn't feel like there should even be a sequel. It was more like, milking the franchise. Still, I did play it and beat it to the end. It did have it's moments...

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon

can someone please tell me when winter 2009 is for rockstar? it's almost april, hardly winter anymore :confused:

I would expect Nov or Dec.

Sam25

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2008
Originally posted by: lxskllr
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon

can someone please tell me when winter 2009 is for rockstar? it's almost april, hardly winter anymore :confused:

I would expect Nov or Dec.

Yup, I'm thinking November as well.

habbakuk87

Jun 8, 2008
Originally posted by: ibex333
Hell yes!

Although I must say that MP2 was worse than the original. Story just felt lamer... I mean.. c'mon, max gets shot in the head with a friggin' .45 and survives? Do these people even know what happens to someone's head when he gets shot like this at close range?
Also, after the 1st one, it didn't feel like there should even be a sequel. It was more like, milking the franchise. Still, I did play it and beat it to the end. It did have it's moments...

When people are shot in head they become Jason Bourne :D .

bigsnyder

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2004
Any more details out there? Voice actors, character models, will they use most of the same cast?

bigsnyder

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2004
I did that, still nothing tangible about who will do the voice acting. If you don't have anything to contribute, then don't comment. If Google was so damn great, then there wouldn't be much point to having these threads.

Sam25

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2008
All I do know is that Sam Lake is not doing the writing in Max Payne 3. That's what I read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Payne_3

No news of the voice acting though. I visit the official website of Max Payne 3 quite often just to check if there have been any updates, nothing major yet.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: bigsnyder
I did that, still nothing tangible about who will do the voice acting. If you don't have anything to contribute, then don't comment. If Google was so damn great, then there wouldn't be much point to having these threads.

well I was sort of joking thats why I put the smiley there. and google is very useful and probably 20% of the threads(especially hardware) on here could be eliminated if people actually knew how to use it.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Hell yes!

Dude, what are you talking about? This is a game, and you will find sillier stuff on TV these days. :confused:

I thought MP2 was superior in every way to the original, the dream sequences weren't tedious and annoying, the presentation was more focused and stylized.

Sam25

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2008
Originally posted by: ayabe
Hell yes!

Dude, what are you talking about? This is a game, and you will find sillier stuff on TV these days. :confused:

I thought MP2 was superior in every way to the original, the dream sequences weren't tedious and annoying, the presentation was more focused and stylized.

100% correct there...the dream sequences in MP2 were much much better and easier to get through.

Apr 17, 2005
Hell yes!

It's a video game, you tool.

NYHoustonman

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2002
Not sure I like the direction I'm seeing with this game. Comparisons to GTA are not good, and I'm not so sure about the setting either... We'll see, I suppose.

bigsnyder

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2004
Ok, so according to Game Informer, James McCaffrey is not doing the voice acting. Disappointing news, but I will wait to pass judgment when the final product ships. The model still vaguely resembles the Timothy Gibbs model, but I am not certain.

Sam25

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2008
Originally posted by: bigsnyder
Ok, so according to Game Informer, James McCaffrey is not doing the voice acting. Disappointing news, but I will wait to pass judgment when the final product ships. The model still vaguely resembles the Timothy Gibbs model, but I am not certain.

No Sam Lake and now no James McCaffrey. Not good news at all.