Matt Gaetz. He likes ‘em young.

Page 23 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
In somewhat related news…

“Big Joe” Ellicott, a former Florida shock jock with potentially key information about the sex trafficking ring involving Rep. Matt Gaetz, has pleaded guilty in federal court, The Daily Beast has learned.

Ellicott is the long-time best friend of corrupt Florida tax official Joel Greenberg, who was Gaetz’s wingman in the underage sex operation, according to several sources with direct knowledge of their relationship. Last year, The Daily Beast revealed that Ellicott knew intimate details about the teenage girl who was paid for sex by the group—and actually texted what essentially amounted to a confession that they were scrambling to try and coverup details about their sex with a 17-year-old from the feds.

In court documents last week, Ellicott was accused of fraud for agreeing to “pay bribes and kickbacks” to a public official and a separate drug crime: illegally selling the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder prescription medicine Adderall. On Jan. 18, Ellicott signed a plea agreement admitting to both crimes.

According to prosecutors, Ellicott was the intermediary in the kickback arrangement, carrying a $6,000 cash bribe from an unnamed tax office contractor to a Public Official—Greenberg.

Joe Zwick, an attorney for Ellicott, told The Daily Beast that his client has been cooperating in the sex trafficking case against Gaetz. That case is being handled by Justice Department prosecutors in Washington, D.C., and is separate from the local ongoing investigation into Greenberg and the tax office, which gave rise to the charges in Ellicott’s case.

Tick…tock…
552e3e40f230cc7bc5e1d4bb58f6a332.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: kage69

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004

“Big Joe” Ellicott, a former Florida shock jock with potentially key information about the sex trafficking ring involving Rep. Matt Gaetz, has pleaded guilty in federal court, The Daily Beast has learned.

Ellicott is the long-time best friend of corrupt Florida tax official Joel Greenberg, who was Gaetz’s wingman in the underage sex operation, according to several sources with direct knowledge of their relationship. Last year, The Daily Beast revealed that Ellicott knew intimate details about the teenage girl who was paid for sex by the group—and actually texted what essentially amounted to a confession that they were scrambling to try and coverup details about their sex with a 17-year-old from the feds.

In court documents last week, Ellicott was accused of fraud for agreeing to “pay bribes and kickbacks” to a public official and a separate drug crime: illegally selling the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder prescription medicine Adderall. On Jan. 18, Ellicott signed a plea agreement admitting to both crimes.

According to prosecutors, Ellicott was the intermediary in the kickback arrangement, carrying a $6,000 cash bribe from an unnamed tax office contractor to a Public Official—Greenberg.

Joe Zwick, an attorney for Ellicott, told The Daily Beast that his client has been cooperating in the sex trafficking case against Gaetz. That case is being handled by Justice Department prosecutors in Washington, D.C., and is separate from the local ongoing investigation into Greenberg and the tax office, which gave rise to the charges in Ellicott’s case.

Tick…tock…

"Witness Can Confirm Matt Gaetz Was Told He Had Sex With a Minor

One of the key interactions Joel Greenberg claims to have had with Matt Gaetz is a phone call informing Gaetz that they’d been sleeping with a minor. Someone witnessed the call."

Nov 17, 2019
Matty's a fool and an imbecile, but remember, we're talking about a 17 year old here, not a 10 or 12 year old.

I'm OK if they charge him on a technicality and ruin his life just to get rid of him, but there are worse people in office.

I'd love to see something like this come out on Newt though.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Matty's a fool and an imbecile, but remember, we're talking about a 17 year old here, not a 10 or 12 year old.

I'm OK if they charge him on a technicality and ruin his life just to get rid of him, but there are worse people in office.

Yeah I agree consensual sex with a 17 year old isn’t a big deal, but lying about it, bribing public officials with cash to cover it up and knowingly participating in a sex trafficking ring *are* big deals so we need to see the full story first.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

I agreed it's not egregious as 10 year old, but there's a line in the sand that has been drawn and he crossed it. Broke the law and, as GOPers do more than any species that has ever wondered Earth, they are being impossibly hypocritical about the whole situation.

Not to mention he paid for it too.
Not to mention he's been at work, business as usual, (in theory) forming laws that shape and guide our nation like nothing has happened.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
The accusations are of sex trafficking. Having someone recruit minors and throwing money and power at them in exchange for a sexual relationship is markedly different than simply having a romantic relationship with a minor whom you meet through ordinary means.

Last edited:

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
The accusations are of sex trafficking. Having someone recruit minors and throwing money and power at them in exchange for a sexual relationship is markedly different than simply having a romantic relationship with a minor whom you meet through ordinary means.
Particularly considering the power differential involved. This isn't just a case of an 18 year old high school student having sex with his 17 year old girl friend.

Reactions: hal2kilo

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I agree if the implications and accusations are true he should be shamed and put in prison for a nice long stay.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
wait- we're crucifying him AND hanging him? I like the way you work!

(to be fair, crucifixion was only rarely used for execution--and when deaths did occur outside of that sentence, it was generally a mistake. Romans kept excellent records, including when the sentence for crucifixion actually ended in an execution. ....interesting note of history: the "dude that Christians generally think is Jesus" was recorded as sentenced to crucifixion, but never marked for execution. so...there's that. It's not part of the "the proof" they like to divulge)

Reactions: hal2kilo and dank69

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Still hedging? Yeah, I'm sure all these accusations are fabricated.

Geeks already defended his preferred elected officials throwing around "many people are saying". Proof, evidence, these things only concern him when it affects his tribe.

Mar 11, 2004
Particularly considering the power differential involved. This isn't just a case of an 18 year old high school student having sex with his 17 year old girl friend.

Yeah I'm not getting why people are jumping to defend them passing around a fucking 17 year old for sex and pimping her out. That is incredibly fucked up. It would be if they were 17 as well or if she was 18 or fucking 48, so the dumbass fucking argument about age is straight up stupid. Did blackangst hack people's accounts or something? What the fucking fuck is with people trying to defend any aspect of this shit? Its disgusting and despicable.

Reactions: zinfamous

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Tick…tock…
I cannot unsee this.

Feb 4, 2009

Tick…tock…

this is where democrats suck. Where the fuck has this picture been over the past six fucking years

Feb 4, 2009
Honestly I think @pcgeek11 is being pretty fair about this.
He sure looks like he was into some crap that he shouldn’t have been, shit if I remember right even some of his Republican colleagues asked him to stop showing photos and stuff.
He does deserve his day in court

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Oh, piss on Al Franken. He could have but he quit instead.

Franken resigned on January 2, 2018, after several allegations of sexual misconduct were made against him.

Imagine, if the GOP actually turned against the copious actual sexual predators in their ranks, unlike the Democrats that turn on non-sexual predators.

Imagine if the GOP had a fucking spine, but I guess through your example and others, we see that none of you have one.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Imagine, if the GOP actually turned against the copious actual sexual predators in their ranks, unlike the Democrats that turn on non-sexual predators.

Imagine if the GOP had a fucking spine, but I guess through your example and others, we see that none of you have one.

Whatever Francis... :rolleyes: