Matt Gaetz. He likes ‘em young.

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
While I applaud Kinzinger's statement, Kinzinger is very poorly respected among Republicans. I am anxiously waiting for someone with higher authority in the party to call for Gaetz's resignation.

None of them really have any integrity so who cares. teh GQP is simply a deplorable organization, top to bottm.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Oh well would you look at that, there seems to be pictures of him with underage hookers.

And:
sOZq1HZ.jpeg
he said a week ago on tucker's show that there would be photographs of him with underage prostitutes coming out and that they were totally fake news. he said that entirely unprompted which is how you know it's fake news.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Haha, now Trump refuses to meet with Gaetz.

Has Gaetz figured out yet that with Trump, "loyalty" only goes in one direction?

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012

Has Gaetz figured out yet that with Trump, "loyalty" only goes in one direction?

Lol ... When you’re too skeevy for Trump…

Trump didn't like the "getting caught" part.

The sole factor is whether or not Gaetz can actually do anything for him. Trump has decided, no. So over the side of the boat he goes.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002

He got no place else to go.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Lol ... When you’re too skeevy for Trump…

Trump didn't like the "getting caught" part.

The sole factor is whether or not Gaetz can actually do anything for him. Trump has decided, no. So over the side of the boat he goes.

Yes, but why, for example, did Trump continue to support Roy Moore after numerous allegations of sexually assaulting and attempted rapes of underaged girls? My theory is that in Moore's case, the incidents happened a long time ago, so it was always going to be a he said, she said.

While in Gaetz' case, first of all, the allegations came not from the media but from his own DoJ, so harder to deny it as politically motivated. And, second of all, I think Trump has been informed by insider republicans that Gaetz is guilty as hell and likely going down. Trump shunning Gaetz is the biggest reason I think Gaetz will eventually get criminally charged, and probably with more than a single incident of having sex with a 17 year.

Reactions: hal2kilo

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Yes, but why, for example, did Trump continue to support Roy Moore after numerous allegations of sexually assaulting and attempted rapes of underaged girls? My theory is that in Moore's case, the incidents happened a long time ago, so it was always going to be a he said, she said.

Just to add to your theory, Just a wild guess .... Moore was still important to Trump because he was still President and his goal was to seat Republicans, no matter how much of a POS they are. Now that Trump is no longer President, these people are cannon fodder to him now. Gaetz doesn't mean shit to him.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004

Apparently very few have figured out the one-way loyalty thing out with Trump. All Moscow Mitch did for Trump, only to be called "that son-of-a-bitch" and "stone cold loser", plus mocking his wife and attacking Pence.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Just to add to your theory, Just a wild guess .... Moore was still important to Trump because he was still President and his goal was to seat Republicans, no matter how much of a POS they are. Now that Trump is no longer President, these people are cannon fodder to him now. Gaetz doesn't mean shit to him.

Yeah, might be, but Trump is still in the political game. Possibly a 2024 run. And his instinct is always to praise people so long as they're praising him. Unless they become a liability, then its "Who is that guy? I may have been in a room with him once, but we didn't even speak. Oh, he was my campaign manager? You don't say?"

I think Trump got briefed by Barr about this when the investigation started. And given all the articles quoting GOP insiders about Gaetz' behavior, I think Trump knows even more than we do about Gaetz. My theory remains that Trump thinks Gaetz may go to jail.

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011

While in Gaetz' case, first of all, the allegations came not from the media but from his own DoJ, so harder to deny it as politically motivated. And, second of all, I think Trump has been informed by insider republicans that Gaetz is guilty as hell and likely going down. Trump shunning Gaetz is the biggest reason I think Gaetz will eventually get criminally charged, and probably with more than a single incident of having sex with a 17 year.
For the very little it's worth, Luther Strange actually had Trump's endorsement in the republican primary that Moore won. I suspect Trump's super-late endorsement of Moore (~a week before the special election) boiled down to him assuming Moore was going to win and if he's distancing himself from Gaetz it's him assuming Gaetz is going down the river. And Trump loves "winners" and hates "losers".

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
"Joel Greenberg, a former elected official in Florida, has been talking to federal investigators since last year about the conduct of Representative Matt Gaetz and others.

A former local official in Florida indicted in the Justice Department investigation that is also focused on Representative Matt Gaetz has been providing investigators with information since last year about an array of topics, including Mr. Gaetz’s activities, according to two people briefed on the matter. "

so what exactly will it take to remove Gaetz from his seat, impeachment?

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
"Joel Greenberg, a former elected official in Florida, has been talking to federal investigators since last year about the conduct of Representative Matt Gaetz and others.

A former local official in Florida indicted in the Justice Department investigation that is also focused on Representative Matt Gaetz has been providing investigators with information since last year about an array of topics, including Mr. Gaetz’s activities, according to two people briefed on the matter. "

so what exactly will it take to remove Gaetz from his seat, impeachment?
Expulsion.
Unfortunately, only has happened twice since 1861.
Both were convicted of crimes, so gaetz would almost need to be convicted.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
So then Trump repays Geatz's rabid fealty with a "see ya wouldn't want to be ya's" flip off and now we know that Gaetz had nothing in his bag of tricks to escape accountability like Trump did with such casual regularity, all with the blessing of his millions of duped deplorables.

I'm sure Gaetz thinks that's just so unfair the way Trump's 4 year long trail of criminal behavior gets a pass while he gets unceremoniously swirled down the flusher. As Trump was a useful idiot to Putin and his ilk, so too were those servile lackeys of his tossing them aside like so much trash the moment he had no more use for them.

Feb 4, 2009
Gotta be honest. These parties sound like a great time with the following caveats:
a) I would need to be younger and most importantly be single
b) all in attendance would need to be mid 20s MINIMUM

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Do you think Republican voters and leaders, all of them, will ever admit that they're really nothing more than a bunch of fucking pedophiles and sexual perverts? It seems to be the one thing that truly unifies every ~74 million of them that voted for Trump.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Do you think Republican voters and leaders, all of them, will ever admit that they're really nothing more than a bunch of fucking pedophiles and sexual perverts? It seems to be the one thing that truly unifies every ~74 million of them that voted for Trump.

Nice job! I nominate you for our resident stereotyper. I guess by this standard, every Democrat is a pedophile because of Anthony Weiner's acts. :p

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Nice job! I nominate you for our resident stereotyper. I guess by this standard, every Democrat is a pedophile because of Anthony Weiner's acts. :p

lol, resident illiterate. It's like you think there isn't a decades-long predictable truth of how nearly every GOPer = rapist, pedophile, general sexual predator. Every single one of them. It's just true.

And you come with Anthony Weiner? lol. fuck off with this playground bullshit, you failure.

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

Labeling all of them that way is too much, but there is a golden rule: the more a Republican positions themselves as a beacon of conservative morality, the more likely it is that it's either self-loathing (see: anti-LGBT crusaders caught in LGBT acts) or simply rank hypocrisy.

Weiner was bad... but you can point to considerably more Gaetz-like behavior in the Republican ranks in recent years.

Reactions: woolfe9998

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
The women that Weiner sent dick pics to were all of legal age. And he still went down.

This is where the partisan whataboutism, that you and your fellow partisans constantly engage in, has led us to. Where once a Congressman was (rightfully) rejected by his party and forced to resign in disgrace because he sent some unsolicited pics of himself in his underwear, now the debate over whether or not a Congressman should resign depends on if one of the many prostitutes he hired was underage. All because of amoral whatabouting partisan shitheads like yourself. Because that's the standard you've set. Good job.