Matress

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Our mattress is pass 10 years now. We always had the spring mattresses and don't feel confident to jump into full foam ones. Saw there two hybrid ones. Anyone have any inputs on them? They both rank well online reviews.

Saatva Classic hybrid
Helix Mattress

Paperdoc

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006
Gonna dodge your question. I, like you, had always used spring mattresses. But our most recent purchased a couple years ago was a good quality full foam, and we are very happy with it. My wife particularly had back pains that are worse when the mattress is saggy, and she is very pleased that is NOT a problem now.

KeithP

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2000
I came close to getting a Saatva last time I was mattress shopping. They always seemed well review. Ultimately I went with the Purple mattress (original model) and I have been very happy with it.

-KeithP

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
We bought a "boxed" foam mattress a couple of years ago. Something like $1,600 for a queen. It was a mistake. I don't mind the mattress all that much but for the money I should have tried out the mattresses in person first. Stupid to gamble with that sort money. Again, it's perfectly fine mattress, but I'm guessing for the price I could have gotten something we liked better if we just would have tried in person. Now I can't bring myself to get a replacement due to the prices... what a joke.

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
We bought a "boxed" foam mattress a couple of years ago. Something like $1,600 for a queen. It was a mistake. I don't mind the mattress all that much but for the money I should have tried out the mattresses in person first. Stupid to gamble with that sort money. Again, it's perfectly fine mattress, but I'm guessing for the price I could have gotten something we liked better if we just would have tried in person. Now I can't bring myself to get a replacement due to the prices... what a joke.
I know at this point it doesn't matter, but nearly every box company allows a certain amount of time to try the mattress. Helix has 100 days for you to return for a full refund.

Reactions: Homerboy

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I know at this point it doesn't matter, but nearly every box company allows a certain amount of time to try the mattress. Helix has 100 days for you to return for a full refund.

I know. We just weren't sure and it was all a mess

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Wife wanted to try a Puffy mattress. Been a few weeks and not bad. I'm not picky so long as it doesn't sleep hot.