MATH HELP!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Clearly no one in this thread has ever had any problem on any math problem they've ever done in their life.

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Originally posted by: ballmode
When youve been out of school for a bit, and you try to actually better yourself by going back to school and people insult your intelligence shows that half you people are in your underwear chuckling away typing here.

That or you hate me because I post I hate cats all the time here.

I wasn't aware that "bettering myself" meant having other people do all my work. :roll:

nnnyyy

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2000
360/x * 1/(1/200) = 18
360/x * 200 = 18
(360 * 200) / x = 18
x = (360 * 200) / 18
x = 4000

=)

ballmode

Lifer
Aug 17, 2005
If I had you guys do all my work I would have posted my whole homework assignment on here.

But I posted one "simple" problem to the majority of people.
I post one comment on how I get ****** responces and you guys slam it in my face like you are all elite and stuff. JESUS last time i ask for help around here

and I'll just join the bandwagon and flame all others who do something I did as well

as for those who did help, thank you.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
If I had you guys do all my work I would have posted my whole homework assignment on here.

I post one comment on how I get ****** responces and you guys slam it in my face like you are all elite and stuff. JESUS last time i ask for help around here

and I'll just join the bandwagon and flame all others who do something I did as well

welcome to the internet.

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000

next time, send one of us a PM who are willing to help, that'll save you some face. :)

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
epenis time!

I think I knew how to do this problem when I was 11.

thesurge

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2004
Originally posted by: her209
Let's make some substitutions to make it clearer:

a=360
b=x
c=200
d=18
e=b/c
f=e
g=a/e
h=a/f

That gives us:
h=df/e
a/f=df/e
a/e=de/e
a/(b/c)=d
a(c/b)=d
ac/b=d
ac=db
ac/d=b
ac/dc=b/c
Let's make some substitutions to make it clearer....

setting b=x, f=e, and g=a/e (a variable you don't refer to), and creating funny ratios of variables and real numbers that won't reduce (would be alright if you were to create them to show a general case to someone who cannot follow the reduction) were absolutely necessary!

maybe i missed the sarcasm.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: thesurge
Originally posted by: her209
Let's make some substitutions to make it clearer:

a=360
b=x
c=200
d=18
e=b/c
f=e
g=a/e
h=a/f

That gives us:
h=df/e
a/f=df/e
a/e=de/e
a/(b/c)=d
a(c/b)=d
ac/b=d
ac=db
ac/d=b
ac/dc=b/c
Let's make some substitutions to make it clearer....

setting b=x, f=e, and g=a/e (a variable you don't refer to), and creating funny ratios of variables and real numbers that won't reduce (would be alright if you were to create them to show a general case to someone who cannot follow the reduction) were absolutely necessary!

maybe i missed the sarcasm.
You're absolutely correct.

i=1
j=i/g/i