Masters of Science in Finance degree

Sultan

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
Jobs anyone?

Any of you working at Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Nissan, Johnson and Johnson, Deloitte? Help a brother out at landing interviews.

Albis

Platinum Member
May 29, 2004
talk to your career center at your school

usually full time interviews are done in the fall and the intern interviews are going on around now

Albis

Platinum Member
May 29, 2004
MS Finance seems like a good place to be. One of my friends started there this year.

UncleWai

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2001
What does your resume look like?
You can go through master of Finance program but you can't find yourself a job @_@?
Have you actually tried looking for one?
It seems it shouldn't be that differcult.

Sultan

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
go up and get help! my resume looks full of IT jobs and I want to head higher and better.

Nerva

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
Originally posted by: Sultan
go up and get help! my resume looks full of IT jobs and I want to head higher and better.

if your experience has been in IT, you will need to have a very compelling reason for why you want to switch into banking (at least a good story to fool the interviewers). if you are looking for a full time job in a bulge-bracket investment bank, it is too late as their recruiting season started in early october and ended about 3 weeks after.

internship recruiting has just started, in fact the first round interview preselects have already been made and people should be getting offers in the next week and a half. the important thing you need to remember is that if you had never done any ibanking, they will ask you why and you had better have a good story prepared. if you dont, they will rip you apart in that interview.

as for the tech stuff, get to know the 3 financial statements really well, know the valuation methods, debt vs. equity. read the vault guide on ibanking interviews.

Sultan

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
Originally posted by: 3cho

if your experience has been in IT, you will need to have a very compelling reason for why you want to switch into banking (at least a good story to fool the interviewers). if you are looking for a full time job in a bulge-bracket investment bank, it is too late as their recruiting season started in early october and ended about 3 weeks after.

internship recruiting has just started, in fact the first round interview preselects have already been made and people should be getting offers in the next week and a half. the important thing you need to remember is that if you had never done any ibanking, they will ask you why and you had better have a good story prepared. if you dont, they will rip you apart in that interview.

as for the tech stuff, get to know the 3 financial statements really well, know the valuation methods, debt vs. equity. read the vault guide on ibanking interviews.

I am actually looking to go into Corp Finance or Consulting. Hence, the names of the above companies. All them have positions in the above two fields.

Nerva

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
Originally posted by: 3cho

I am actually looking to go into Corp Finance or Consulting. Hence, the names of the above companies. All them have positions in the above two fields.

be very careful though. i think the two industries actually have the utmost disdain for each other. so never tell one side you are interviewing with the other.

as for consulting, there are a bunch of firms. mckinsey, bain, bcg, fmcg, zs. no sweat