Maryland lady throws 6-month old at cop

m1ldslide1

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2006
http://www.wbaltv.com/news/14143146/detail.html

NORTH EAST, Md. -- A Maryland mother was arraigned on drug and child abuse charges after police said she threw her 6-month-old child across a room at a police officer.

According to court documents, the incident happened in late July at a home on Inverness Drive in Cecil County.

According to court documents, state troopers were called to a trailer on Inverness Drive to check on the well-being of Evelyn Doninger, 23, of North East, and her two small children.

Officers said that they smelled a strong odor of marijuana coming from inside the home, so they told Doninger they would be coming in. The court documents said that Doninger told police they had no right to enter her home.

Police said that they noticed a hand -rolled cigarette and a bag with what they believed was marijuana in it, as well as various drug paraphernalia. They also said they found two men inside the home and two children -- a 2-year-old and a 6-month-old.

Police said they told Doninger she was being arrested. The documents said she became "incredibly irate," stood up from a chair and threw the 6-month-old at least 5 feet at one of the troopers.

The child struck the trooper's chest and he caught the baby just before it hit the floor, according to court documents. Doninger then shoved the trooper, striking both him and the baby.

Neighbors who spoke with WBAL TV 11 News said that the allegations are shocking, but most turned away when 11 News asked them about it for fear of retaliation from drug dealers who the neighbors said have a strong presence in the area, according to 11 News reporter Lowell Melser.

A woman who neighbors said was Doninger's mother -- but would not identify herself to Melser -- said that there was some validity to the story, but would not give details.

Police said that the 6-month-old baby is doing fine.

Doninger has since been released from jail. She is facing eight different child abuse and drug charges.

A trial date has not been set.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
That woman has no right to raise children. If you throw a baby, you just fucked yourself.

paulxcook

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
Originally posted by: bonkers325
why do the stupid always procreate? :(

poor kid

It's easy and doesn't cost anything? When you're bored and broke because you can't afford anything but drugs, what else is there to do?

Glad the kid is ok. That "mother" is a lowlife scumbag.

m1ldslide1

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2006
Originally posted by: DonVito
I take exception to the headline calling her a "lady."

I could change it to "drug-whooring quarterback fires spiraling baby at cop"

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Originally posted by: bonkers325
why do the stupid always procreate? :(

poor kid

Yeah - they are trying to out breed the smart ones. Breeding licenses anyone?

Kudos for the catch! Good thing he never played basketball and tried to swat the baby down

Agentbolt

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2004
I'm as impressed by the cop as I am disgusted by the lady. If someone threw a child at me I'd stare dumbly and let it hit the floor before I realized what was going on. :thumbsup: to the awesome reflexes he showed

davestar

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2001
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
Gotta love Baltimore

Don't be hatin! It happened in Cecil County:

"According to court documents, the incident happened in late July at a home on Inverness Drive in Cecil County"

glutenberg

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2004
Originally posted by: Agentbolt
I'm as impressed by the cop as I am disgusted by the lady. If someone threw a child at me I'd stare dumbly and let it hit the floor before I realized what was going on. :thumbsup: to the awesome reflexes he showed

Or what if he thought it was a weapon or blunt object and decided to swat it down. I can only imagine.

Mikey

Golden Member
Jun 16, 2006
Originally posted by: m1ldslide1
Originally posted by: DonVito
I take exception to the headline calling her a "lady."

I could change it to "drug-whooring quarterback fires spiraling baby at cop"

with a 45 yard pass and TOUCHDOWN!!!!!....BUT WAIT....FLAGS DOWN EVERYWHERE!!!! OH'S TEH NOES!

GRIFFIN1

Golden Member
Nov 10, 1999
I've got this beat.

Local news story from yesterday. How do you get a 18 DAY old baby to stop crying? You throw it against the wall and fracture its skull.

Someone at work said this took place at a trailer park.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
They should charge her with assault with a deadly weapon, just because that would set a hilarious precedent.

Indolent

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2003
Doninger has since been released from jail. She is facing eight different child abuse and drug charges.

I hate crappy news articles. Wouldn't the biggest question be whether the kids are still in her custody? The article makes no mention of that...