Marvel/Netflix's Daredevil

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
i'm just not loving the new season. for the most part i'm doing other things while the show is playing which i can't remember doing during season 1.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
i'm just not loving the new season. for the most part i'm doing other things while the show is playing which i can't remember doing during season 1.

I've watched the first 6 episodes so far and I think my main issue is the lack of a main bad guy so far.

Sure we had the punisher for a few episodes but he wasn't the true bad guy like we did in season one so maybe there will be one later on.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Only on the second episode but wasn't Melvin
kind of "slow" last season or am I confusing him with someone else. If so, it's a little annoying when they change a character's attributes w/o any kind of backstory.

Oh, and what happened to Fisk last season.
I don't remember his dying so I'm guessing he's locked up?

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
Only on the second episode but wasn't Melvin
kind of "slow" last season or am I confusing him with someone else. If so, it's a little annoying when they change a character's attributes w/o any kind of backstory.

Oh, and what happened to Fisk last season.
I don't remember his dying so I'm guessing he's locked up?

Yes, he's still slow this season but not nearly AS slow. Fisk was jailed at the end of season 1.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Aww that's a shame. I'm gonna binge on as much of it as I can this weekend.

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
Geez, went through 7 episodes last night. Was just going to do a few, but then Netflix automatically played the next one and I was like f*ck it, I can do another one.

Bubbleawsome

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2013
2 episodes left, it's fantastic. The fight scenes are still great, though some punches don't seem to carry their weight.

Late in the season spoiler
The entire stick thing seems a bit rushed though

saratoga172

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2009
Finished the season just a bit ago. It was every bit as awesome as the first season I think. The lack of a main bad guy was both good and bad. They expanded on the first season though which I think was pretty cool.

Overall I thought it was awesome.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
The end of episode 8 and all of 9 is balls to the wall excellent. Hope it continues to accelerate until the finale. I may have to cancel my plans today. :D

Chocu1a

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2009
Five episodes in and this is soooo excellent. The scene
with the gun taped to his hand
was straight out the comics. Soooooo good.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
The woman in episode 6 - is she in the comics? Name? Please remember to spoiler tag. Thanks :)

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
The woman in episode 6 - is she in the comics? Name? Please remember to spoiler tag. Thanks :)

What woman or do you mean elektra as she has been around for awhile by this time?

She is in some comics from what I recall but I really don't remember much about her as she wasn't in most I read and spoiler tags are not needed as it's fair game with them all released and nothing really spoiler here. ;)

Last edited:

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
What woman or do you mean elektra?

She is in some comics from what I recall but I really don't remember much about her as she wasn't in most I read and spoiler tags are not needed as it's fair game with them all released and nothing really spoiler here. ;)
I keep forgetting that people can't read my mind. LOL. Yeah Elektra. thanks.

I was pretty sure I'd heard about her before but wasn't sure if I was confusing her with an anime character.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
I keep forgetting that people can't read my mind. LOL. Yeah Elektra. thanks.

I was pretty sure I'd heard about her before but wasn't sure if I was confusing her with an anime character.

You sure you are up to episode 6 as I believe she was around episode 4 but more about her on the 5th one?

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
You sure you are up to episode 6 as I believe she was around episode 4 but more about her on the 5th one?
No, I screwed that up. I'm halfway through 6 now. I wrote that when I was finishing 5. I think she shows up at the end of 4.

Bubbleawsome

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2013
Well it was a good series, but the fact that there was no real conclusion and we have to wait another year is a bit sad.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Finished it up. It wasn't a bad season but it definitely didn't grab my attention like season 1 did.

Oddly enough I stumbled upon this justice league movie on Netflix as a suggestion and it sucked me in more than DD.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Aww that's a shame. I'm gonna binge on as much of it as I can this weekend.

Well, I'm 6, 7? episodes through and I like it way more than the previous season up to this point. The opposite of that poster--I pretty much did shit or snoozed through most of season 1, unlike this one.

I guess I just like Punisher and Elektra more than I ever liked Fisk from the comics. Though I like the D'Onofrio version of Kingpin.

This show has excellent casting. Punisher and Elektra are spot-on, imo.

Bubbleawsome

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2013
Punisher is incredible. He's got a good storyline and isn't totally insane. Not sure what is up with the last few episodes and him though.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
I disliked Elektra for some reason. And oh yeah Frank Castle kicked ass. I oddly enough enjoyed him more than DD this season. DD just came off as too preachy and self righteous (without going into any spoilers).