Marvel And Sony Pictures Hump The Shark

May 31, 2001
They were talking on the radio about upcoming Marvel comic book to film projects. They mentioned Iron Man, which looks promising compared to the last few movies they have done.

Then they said the next project is going to be a Venom solo movie. His arch-enemy in the movie will be Mr. Fantastic from the Fantastic Four movies.

It's as though they decided to take all of the suck from Spider-Man 3 and the FF movies and combine it, possibly in hopes of creating a singularity of suckage.

ryan256

Platinum Member
Jul 22, 2005
Originally posted by: ShotgunSteven
They were talking on the radio about upcoming Marvel comic book to film projects. They mentioned Iron Man, which looks promising compared to the last few movies they have done.

Then they said the next project is going to be a Venom solo movie. His arch-enemy in the movie will be Mr. Fantastic from the Fantastic Four movies.

It's as though they decided to take all of the suck from Spider-Man 3 and the FF movies and combine it, possibly in hopes of creating a singularity of suckage.

All thats left now is to hand the director's chair to Uwe Boll

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
ok ...thats just frickne insane.

Venom could be a great movie. but it would end up with a R rateing. but against Mr. Fantastic? oh god.

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
Originally posted by: ryan256

Then wet the sponge and attach the electrodes.

paulxcook

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
Why Mr. Fantastic? Venom is one of my favorite characters, why are they fscking him up in the movies??

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
what i hate about all these movies is that they have to be kid freindly...

why dont they follow the new batman movies lead and make them a bit darker more serious rather the try to be funny toy commercials.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: BooGiMaN

why dont they follow the new batman movies lead and make them a bit darker more serious rather the try to be funny toy commercials.

a dark nasty venom would be great. he was not a nice guy (with all the eating bad people heh).

he is a great anti-hero heh

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
Ding, ding, ding! Winnah! It is all about the promotional line of toys and services (AKA cake decorations, hallmark birthday cards, etc.) that fatten Marvel's bottom line.

The Spiderman series was an abberation. The comic movies nearly always sucked.

Really, really bad suckage movies, lest we forget:
Captain America
The Punisher (Latest)
The Punisher (yikes! the 80's)

I think that's the last Spiderman didn't do so well, because it was hamstrung to be PG.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: waggy

a dark nasty venom would be great. he was not a nice guy (with all the eating bad people heh).

he is a great anti-hero heh

yea they need to make them like the should be, at least batman seems to be headed in the correct direction now

i loved the animated series from the mid 90s, nice and dark

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Anubis
Originally posted by: jjones
It's going to be a snoozefest. They should do Venom vs Carnage.

only if it was rated R

yeap. then it would be great. both are dark evil things. though venom thinks he is a good guy and Carnage is just pure evil.

i would also like to see a Deadpool movie heh

Gibsons

Lifer
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Mo0o
Ironman looks awesome

Yes, I have my hopes up for this one too.

Mr. Fantastic was pretty lame even in comics, dunno why they'd make a movie...

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

Because there is A LOT more money in a kid-friendly toy commercial than in a dark, bleak movie.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
in a slightly related news item, i heard of some movie deal where they are going to make feature films based on board games like Battleship and Candyland :Q

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Homerboy

Because there is A LOT more money in a kid-friendly toy commercial than in a dark, bleak movie.

I hate you because you are right. :(

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: FoBoT
in a slightly related news item, i heard of some movie deal where they are going to make feature films based on board games like Battleship and Candyland :Q

Don't forget Monopoly.

I heard the same report last night.

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: ryan256

Uwe Boll in a nutshell.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
well either the freedom of relatively unknown characters gives them more leeway to be creative, or they just take mediocre characters and make a sh*t movie.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: jjones
It's going to be a snoozefest. They should do Venom vs Carnage.

Venom vs Carnage vs Spiderman, with an R rating!
holy shit that would be badass!!!!

I'd love to see a Venom movie though. I think they had a good Venom starting in Spiderman 3, but they didn't want to focus on Venom and gave him very little story. I am still expecting Spiderman 4 to possibly have Venom in it again.

and to the individual who said the new Punisher sucked.. well you suck! Yea, take that!
Punisher was an awesome movie, actually one of the better ones of recent. The R rating is necessary for comic book movies, but since the studios only want the money they force PG-13 ratings, or worse, PG for 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer. ha! R rated movies don't make as much but are almost always better due to a more realistic depiction of reality and of the characters that fill the story.