Martha Stewart - 5 Months Jail ; 2 Years Probation!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DeeKnow

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Shelly21
You can't compare what she did versus what Enron did.

She got caught lying, as for the insider trading, she made a mistake, the stock she sold is now worth even more.

pullleeeze... get real
don't let your admiration for her color combinations and salad recipes get in the way of logic and judgement

she stole - plain and simple. and when she got caught stealing, she lied cause she thought she's rich and famous and white, they couldn't get her....

DeeKnow

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: sandorski
Ya, this whole case was for someone to place a line on their resume. Yes, she broke the Law, but to turn this into an Enron level scandal is ridiculous. Like Moonbeam, I think a Fine and Community work would be appropriate, except the fine should be some Old Testament Justice. That being, what she gained x2.

so you'd say a $100 fine for a black kid who stole $50 from an old lady would be okay too..?

DeeKnow

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Zebo

This is exactly why SEC regs exist. If they did'nt every officers friends, relatives, and brokers would be rich while the public takes a wash. This trend would'nt last very long and the markets would disappear w/o finacing

i got news for you... practically every senior manager with inside info, and investment banker trades on that information. that's how they get rich... the vast majority are smart enough to not get caught.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: DeeKnow
Originally posted by: sandorski
Ya, this whole case was for someone to place a line on their resume. Yes, she broke the Law, but to turn this into an Enron level scandal is ridiculous. Like Moonbeam, I think a Fine and Community work would be appropriate, except the fine should be some Old Testament Justice. That being, what she gained x2.

so you'd say a $100 fine for a black kid who stole $50 from an old lady would be okay too..?

sure, why not?