Marine To feinstein: I Will Not Register My Weapons

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
You're telling me that this bill will not change the law as it's written now and further take away from the amendment? I never said I agreed with the laws on the books now. You make a lot of assumptions. That is the problem here....here's your scooby snack buddy!

yes. that is what I am telling you.

As her bill is written...there are no changes made to the 2nd amendment of the Constitution.

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
yes. that is what I am telling you.

Well regarding that topic then we are going to just have to disagree and call it a day.

I do have two pointed questions though:

What is your opinion of the state of California in regards to it's state government?

What is your opinion of Senator Feinstein?

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
if I am mocking you it is because you probably deserve it

I mock anyone in here that employs childish reasoning, lazy logic, obfuscation, and useless propaganda.

If you notice what I said about Feinsteins ACTUAL language in the ACTUAL bill. I stated that personally I think it has less to do with safety, GUN RIGHTS, and all the other BS that people are arguing in circles about

it has more to do with targeting an industry...something politicians do all the time. If you want to hate on Feinstein and this bill...I can get on that wagon.

But Im not getting on the stupid wagon..the wagon that says she is out to get your freedums....thats just plain stupid.

So you don’t think this bill has anything to do with safety but more to attack an industry, yet you are now attacking the people who criticize the bill? LOL, ok pal.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Well regarding that topic then we are going to just have to disagree and call it a day.

I do have two pointed questions though:

What is your opinion of the state of California in regards to it's state government?

What is your opinion of Senator Feinstein?

Feinstein is too old and needs to go. and this bill is about $$ pure and simple

I lived in other states in the US

There is no other state like California :) that said, California state government has its challenges and there are no easy fixes.. i enjoy the moderate approach to governing, i dont think california governs moderately

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
So you don’t think this bill has anything to do with safety but more to attack an industry, yet you are now attacking the people who criticize the bill? LOL, ok pal.

because you can't separate these two ideas in your head..that is why you are mocked.

think about why you criticize the bill..and think about the fact that i too criticize the bill...but for different reasons...and that I think you are being led by the nose and that you are a detriment to your cause.

Last edited:

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
:beer: buds

TGIF time to get outta P&N and go watch some MSNBC!!!

:p

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
because you can't separate these two ideas in your head..that is why you are mocked.

think about why you criticize the bill..and think about the fact that i too criticize the bill...but for different reasons...and that I think you are being led by the nose and that you are a detriment to the cause.

Well you are wrong. This bill isn't about money unless they are going to charge an exorbitant amount of money for gun registration like NY does. This bill is about going before the voters next election and saying “Look what we did, we did everything we could and we really care” and then sweeping this shit under the rug like they did last time without making a damn bit of difference.

Generator

Mar 4, 2005
Senator Dianne Feinstein reply, "I'm gonna make you famous boy!"

I couldn't think of a better poster boy than this loon. Through him the 2nd amendment will be weakened, then we can destroy it!

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
FYI this useless so called marine, should be arrested if the law passes and he refuses to comply.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Her armed guards most certainly carry the same guns that she wishes to ban.

Guns that, according to people like her, have no legitimate use.

Hmm...sounds like a right wing talking point. Can provide proof that she has armed gaurds and that they carry guns she wants to ban?

Last edited:

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
Prove you're argument...the second amendment is clearly written and had and has a purpose....that's my source. Just because the government is doing something doesn't make it correct. This isn't just about the second amendment; it's about a slow and steady erosion of our Constitutional rights.

YOU might be OK with that I'm not and many others aren't either. YOU can choose to accept whatever comes your way; I don't have to. That is one of the founding premises of this Republic.

I can't help you are ignorant. Congress passes laws all the time. Sometimes Congress realizes they are wrong and amends them with another law. Sometimes the Court systems rules that the law is illegal.

But if a hypothetical law to register weapons passes, and is signed by Pres Obama, it is a LAW and must be obeyed until a court challenge overturns this.

This is basic civics 101.....did you not go to high school? How can you be so ignorant of our basic legal system?

Unless you have some magic right-wing neocon legln reasoning that shows you and you alone can pick and choose what laws have to be followed. LOL You whole history of posts show that you are arguing from emotion, not reason. "Correct" has jack to do with legality, surely you know that?

So unless you can show some legal right for you to be allowed to pick and choose which laws have to be followed, you are full of shit.

If this hypothetical law gets passed and signed into law, you and anyone else are free to ignore it, but don't' be surprised if you get punished for not following the law. It's that simple.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I can't help you are ignorant. Congress passes laws all the time. Sometimes Congress realizes they are wrong and amends them with another law. Sometimes the Court systems rules that the law is illegal.

But if a hypothetical law to register weapons passes, and is signed by Pres Obama, it is a LAW and must be obeyed until a court challenge overturns this.

This is basic civics 101.....did you not go to high school? How can you be so ignorant of our basic legal system?

Unless you have some magic right-wing neocon legln reasoning that shows you and you alone can pick and choose what laws have to be followed. LOL You whole history of posts show that you are arguing from emotion, not reason. "Correct" has jack to do with legality, surely you know that?

Or unless you're some marijuana smoking liberal hippie. Amirite?

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010

So unless you can show some legal right for you to be allowed to pick and choose which laws have to be followed, you are full of shit.

If this hypothetical law gets passed and signed into law, you and anyone else are free to ignore it, but don't' be surprised if you get punished for not following the law. It's that simple.

Gee, thanks for the social studies lesson Mr. GtheC...I can't help that you don't pay attention and are being rude and ignorant with your response.

I don't agree with the law...it's really that simple. I've never once disputed that those laws that you mentioned are on the books now. I don't care for the current status and I'm pretty sure Senator Feinstein is trying to make that situation worse. I'm not alone in that opinion. Am I allowed to disagree with a law signed by the President? Is that OK with you?

You apparently have your own opinion. That's OK that's how a discussion should play out. Now, why don't you step off of your self-righteous left wing stance and try to be polite or state you're own opinion regarding the proposed bill.

I suppose you have no issues with every law on the books now or being presented as a bill?

Last edited:

Black Octagon

Golden Member
Dec 10, 2012
Americans can be so hilarious.

Yes, you have a bill of 'rights.'

That does not in any way remove your obligation to comply with the law.

Seriously, how hard is it to grasp? Rights to certain 'freedoms' are not absolute. If you had the right to absolute freedom then this would render all law, government and even society obsolete. In a world of absolute freedom, all you REALLY have is anarchy.

Does 'American patriot' really equate to 'anarchist' in your heart of hearts? If not, then on some level, at least, you are capable of seeing the need to temper rights/freedoms with law/obligations.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

Seriously, how hard is it to grasp? Rights to certain 'freedoms' are not absolute. If you had the right to absolute freedom then this would render all law, government and even society obsolete. In a world of absolute freedom, all you REALLY have is anarchy.

Does 'American patriot' really equate to 'anarchist' in your heart of hearts? If not, then on some level, at least, you are capable of seeing the need to temper rights/freedoms with law/obligations.

Rights are not absolute. There are weapons that cannot be purchased or have requirements practically impossible to meet. On the other hand laws must comply with the bill of rights at least in theory. There are certainly consequences to breaking any law since the government is all powerful, but that does not mean it's automatically an immoral choice to do so.

That's what we're trying to sort out right now.

Apr 27, 2012

LOL at a european lecturing Americans about rights, This is the same europe that is losing its freedom and he has the nerve to lecture us

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
This is the same europe that is losing its freedom and he has the nerve to lecture us
your generalizing comments are offensive towards the European countries that chose not to give up and are fighting for their freedom from the undemocratic bureaucrat institution known as EU.
In my country after an event like this a spontaneous group would have created a popular initiative proposing to ban the assault rifles (if they really tried that here they'd fail) by gathering signatures and the people would have voted.
Meanwhile you just have endless bickering and lobbying and a decision that creates political calm is never made.
Who is more free?