Marijuana for jab

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
In West Virginia, you enter a lottery where you can get a rifle. In Washington, it's weed. Taylor your incentives to local proclivities. Makes perfect sense.

Washington also has a lottery where they're giving away a couple million $$$ to vaccinated people.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
MD has been giving away $40k per day to any rando vaccinated person (starting last week, I think), and a $400k giveaway on the 4th.

• Wow
Reactions: Chaspowr3

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Cash, grass or ass (looking at you Nevada) I really don't care what it takes to convince people to get the jab. The only thing that matters to me is that the vulnerable and elderly are protected from this preventable disease. Use whatever tool that works. The more people get onboard with science and solidarity rather than treason and dumbfuckery, the more this country inches towards some semblance of normalcy.

The smaller but more frequent amounts sound like a great idea, bravo MD/Hogan! Also really dig Ohio's idea of full college scholarship for the under 18 crowd. Outstanding ideas, credit where credit is due.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
If you wanna have protection by the 4th, you should get a shot by Sunday, June 20 (first day of summer, and longest daylight day of the year!), that's 11 days from today.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Glad I'm in a state with priorities
Fuck your weed.
Fuck your guns.
Funny, the very state that is allowing weed to be given with the vaccine, is also a state that is giving the same type of Scholarships to 12-17 year old kids, as well as the lottery for a chance to get $$$ for the adults. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you take a little time to prioritize different rewards to different age groups and life styles now isn't it? (they are also giving away other prizes, which also includes Xboxes to the 12-17 aged kids, who get vaccinated)

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Funny, the very state that is allowing weed to be given with the vaccine, is also a state that is giving the same type of Scholarships to 12-17 year old kids, as well as the lottery for a chance to get $$$ for the adults. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you take a little time to prioritize different rewards to different age groups and life styles now isn't it? (they are also giving away other prizes, which also includes Xboxes to the 12-17 aged kids, who get vaccinated)

Good. I'm glad to see other states doing the scholarship thing.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Washington also has a lottery where they're giving away a couple million $$$ to vaccinated people.
There's a few states doing it, without looking it up I want to say Colorado was one of the others...maybe Ohio as well? Not sure without checking but yeah...it's funny how people get motivated by the chance of reward, heh.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It's appalling that we need to offer incentives for people to get vaccinated. America is apparently a lot dumber than we were back during the polio vaccination drives back in the 50's.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
It's appalling that we need to offer incentives for people to get vaccinated. America is apparently a lot dumber than we were back during the polio vaccination drives back in the 50's.
Yeah that's a one to one comparative. Nothing has changed since then. I mean it was the '50's right so that must mean everything can just be passed forward through time without any question.

GTFO outta here with shit thinking like this. I'm not against vaccination but pull your head out of your ass for just a minute and realize it isn't 1950 anymore.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
The problem with these big payout incentives is it doesn't get people in who think it's a government conspiracy and they have no chance of winning anything because it's rigged.

For those people it would be more effective to give each person an immediate gratification reward, partner up with some popular merchant like Amazon.

The thing they should NOT do is entice people who have just been vaccinated, so they are still potential carriers or vulnerable to catching covid, to go out around others (waiting in the long line for their free joint where they are far less likely to be monitored like in the vaccine line) who were also just vaccinated so also still carriers or vulnerable.

It was an idiotic idea by a clueless government to offer something that's going to line up a bunch of druggies who are not all that likely to keep their masks on, likely even passing the joint around to others.

Stupidity for the win! It could work though, if they made it a term of fulfillment that a voucher or proof of vaccination date is needed and only redeemable starting 2 weeks after the second vaccine shot, so it's had the best chance to cause sufficient antibodies.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and ch33zw1z

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
The problem with these big payout incentives is it doesn't get people in who think it's a government conspiracy and they have no chance of winning anything because it's rigged.

For those people it would be more effective to give each person an immediate gratification reward, partner up with some popular merchant like Amazon.

The thing they should NOT do is entice people who have just been vaccinated, so they are still potential carriers or vulnerable to catching covid, to go out around others (waiting in the long line for their free joint where they are far less likely to be monitored like in the vaccine line) who were also just vaccinated so also still carriers or vulnerable.

It was an idiotic idea by a clueless government to offer something that's going to line up a bunch of druggies who are not all that likely to keep their masks on, likely even passing the joint around to others.

Stupidity for the win!
Anyone who thinks weed is such a bad thing is a fucking idiot.

I think it's sad we have to offer incentives for such a clear cut thing, but this is where we are as a society. Ultimately, it's not a big deal, just a testament to how the anti science party has destroyed America.

Reactions: Pohemi

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Funny, the very state that is allowing weed to be given with the vaccine, is also a state that is giving the same type of Scholarships to 12-17 year old kids, as well as the lottery for a chance to get $$$ for the adults. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you take a little time to prioritize different rewards to different age groups and life styles now isn't it?

Giving away my tax dollars to people who wouldn't do the Right Thing otherwise? No, I am not amazed. I do think we're going to have to incentivize to get some people to do it but it is far closer to sad than amazing.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Anyone who thinks weed is such a bad thing is a fucking idiot.

Apparently your attention span was to short to keep reading so you understood why it is a bad idea. It is not open to argument whether someone stoned passing around a joint, or recently vaccinated being around others recently vaccinated, is an idiotic thing as an incentive.

Same thing as telling everyone who isn't vaccinated to start kissing each other in the former, or to have never worn masks in the latter. Science for the win.

Weed a bad thing? For most people yes. You can tell they are too emotionally immature to do drugs by the way they can't stay level headed in a mere conversation about it. All by yourself you prove yourself wrong.

Like anything else in life, it takes a certain level of maturity to do something responsibly, particularly when it is mind altering such that it has a potential effect on other safety related daily decisions.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and ch33zw1z

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
There's a few states doing it, without looking it up I want to say Colorado was one of the others...maybe Ohio as well? Not sure without checking but yeah...it's funny how people get motivated by the chance of reward, heh.

Sad that living and helping your friends, family, and neighbors live isn't enough of a reward.

Reactions: pmv and Pohemi

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Apparently your attention span was to short to keep reading so you understood why it is a bad idea. It is not open to argument whether someone stoned passing around a joint, or recently vaccinated being around others recently vaccinated, is an idiotic thing as an incentive.

Same thing as telling everyone who isn't vaccinated to start kissing each other in the former, or to have never worn masks in the latter. Science for the win.

Weed a bad thing? For most people yes. You can tell they are too emotionally immature to do drugs by the way they can't stay level headed in a mere conversation about it. All by yourself you prove yourself wrong.

Like anything else in life, it takes a certain level of maturity to do something responsibly, particularly when it is mind altering such that it has a potential effect on other safety related daily decisions.
I'd say people in power make decisions far worse to society while sober than most any pothead does ever

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

I remember lining up in school every year for vaccinations. Polio, smallpox, TB, diphtheria, etc. I don't remember any parents objecting to their kid getting vaccinations.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Yeah that's a one to one comparative. Nothing has changed since then. I mean it was the '50's right so that must mean everything can just be passed forward through time without any question.

GTFO outta here with shit thinking like this. I'm not against vaccination but pull your head out of your ass for just a minute and realize it isn't 1950 anymore.

You don't want to MAGA? ;)