Many problems with cable internet connectivity lately

Slickone

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 1999
For the past 2-3 months my cable has been going out a couple nights a week. At first it was only for a few minutes, or would come and go, and sometimes I can connect for awhile but it would be very slow (1 min to load a page), but later occurances were for longer periods, and recently it's most of the night. Last night it went out and was still out this morning before I went to work. Sometimes the 'Cable' light on the modem flashes slowly, sometimes it's completely out, and it would go back and forth from flashing to unlit (w/ occasional lit). Last night I couldnt even connect when the light was flashing.

I've called a few times (how fun) but either it's been working by the time they check it or they just can't find anything wrong. Though the last person finally said, in an unsure tone, it 'looked' like some signal fluctuation. They're coming to my house to check it this weekend.

Anyone else had this problem? What usually causes this? Is my cable modem likely going bad? It's a Toshiba PCX1100, bought from CC maybe 3 years ago. Only 1 PC is connected. I'm not using a router, etc.

Slickone

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 1999
It doesn't always happen. It never use to happen. I've had the service for years.