Man who fathered 30 kids with 11 different women says he needs a break

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Welcome to Progressive America. Freedom and pleasure without regard to responsibility. Someone will pay for this. It will not be the dad or mothers. The kids will suffer, that is for sure.

Ya can't fix stupid.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
After re-reading the title of this thread I have to admit I would need a break too if I made 30 kids. Hell I have 3 with my wife and we need a break...lol

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
If you're not bringing anything useful just don't bring anything at all to the topic.

Sorry if exposing that this is the logical consequence of left wing beliefs makes you uncomfortable

It's absurd to say that "the left" has no problem with this behavior. I think it's disgusting, and this guy is a complete drain on society. That being said, the left is absolutely in the right on gay marriage IMO.

Is the the left willing to do anything to keep this guy and his harem from reproducing... nope. Does the left subsidize his behavior... yep.

I think this guy's behavior is terrible. Does the right want 'big government' to make a law against it? No, they'd rather the children pay, for their ideology about 'incentives'.

"Freedom" has a price. For the guy it's facing a lot of child support that should be owed, perhaps a lot more than is now. For society, it's not leaving the kids without needs.

This guy and his women are incapable of having freedom. "Big government" must step in the same way "Big government" steps in to protect us from bank robbers and other criminals.

Some simple math shows that work 40hrs/week at minimum wage will give ~$40/kid/month... :hmm:.

Nov 29, 2006
This article is full of liberal tolerance. The left has absolutely no problem with a man fathering 30 children he cannot support... no not wanting to redefine marriage THAT is where they draw the line o_O

Look..more lies from one of the usual suspects. Shocking

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
No personal responsibility. They know they have a free pass to do so because they will not be held responsible. Someone somewhere will take care of the kids. PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN. It's not the kids fault, but because of the actions of these irrisponsible people, the taxpayers get stuck with the bill.

Just so you guys know stories like this is what feeds the Right to want to get rid of the entitlement/welfare state . . . . while this may be less frequent than legitimate welfare users, men and women like this become the poster-children and the images that people think of when they think of welfare.

If he needs a break, he should have thought about that 28 kids ago

Feb 10, 2000
Is the the left willing to do anything to keep this guy and his harem from reproducing... nope. Does the left subsidize his behavior... yep.

How do you propose preventing him from reproducing? I can't imagine a more big-government (and thus, anti-Republican) policy than one which involves sterilizing people who have never been convicted of a crime. Realistically, this is a free country, and people are free to act like assholes as long as their actions are not criminal.

In terms of "subsidizing his behavior," I agree that it's unwise to allow people to receive long-term welfare benefits, but I also don't think we as a country are prepared to simply let children starve because their fathers are deadbeats and their mothers are too irresponsible to provide for them.

The fix for this kind of behavior is something that has to happen within the black community - recognizing the serious problem created by this kind of irresponsible behavior and taking measures to correct it. Unfortunately I see no sign of that happening anytime soon . . .

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Welcome to Progressive America. Freedom and pleasure without regard to responsibility. Someone will pay for this. It will not be the dad or mothers. The kids will suffer, that is for sure.

Ya can't fix stupid.

Yep, not much of a chance for those kids to succeed. Another wasted generation for those families.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I am the first to say I have a problem with self righteous Rightists pricks....

What about self righteous leftist pricks?

mirror1.jpg

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
I think this guy's behavior is terrible. Does the right want 'big government' to make a law against it? No, they'd rather the children pay, for their ideology about 'incentives'.

"Freedom" has a price. For the guy it's facing a lot of child support that should be owed, perhaps a lot more than is now. For society, it's not leaving the kids without needs.

But how do I achieve freedom when by proxy i am forced to take care of these kids thanks to welfare programs? Where is the personal responsibility for actions? Welfare should be temporary and help you if you hit a bad rut, not purposfully create one and live in it for 15+ years . . .

There has to be a REASONABLE limit to how much we can provide for peoples mistakes, otherwise we will continue this pattern of no responsibility. He and his baby-mammas have absolutely ZERO respect for the taxpayers.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
How do you propose preventing him from reproducing? I can't imagine a more big-government (and thus, anti-Republican) policy than one which involves sterilizing people who have never been convicted of a crime. Realistically, this is a free country, and people are free to act like assholes as long as their actions are not criminal.

In terms of "subsidizing his behavior," I agree that it's unwise to allow people to receive long-term welfare benefits, but I also don't think we as a country are prepared to simply let children starve because their fathers are deadbeats and their mothers are too irresponsible to provide for them.

The fix for this kind of behavior is something that has to happen within the black community - recognizing the serious problem created by this kind of irresponsible behavior and taking measures to correct it. Unfortunately I see no sign of that happening anytime soon . . .

And this is why the cycle WILL continue. They can continue this action with NO repercusions. Simply not offer "child credits" past the second child. The parents will have to make some hard decisions. They will have to feed their kids before they eat, buy new shoes for the kids while they wear their worn out sandals. DO NOT REWARD THIS BEHAVIOR. They have commited a crime, this is basically child abuse/endangerment .. .

Feb 10, 2000
And this is why the cycle WILL continue. They can continue this action with NO repercusions. Simply not offer "child credits" past the second child. The parents will have to make some hard decisions. They will have to feed their kids before they eat, buy new shoes for the kids while they wear their worn out sandals. DO NOT REWARD THIS BEHAVIOR. They have commited a crime, this is basically child abuse/endangerment .. .

The problem is that the only people this policy would hurt are the children. The reality is that it's likely the mothers of these kids are not the discriminating type, but I also doubt they were aware that he has dozens of other kids. I don't think it's fair to say the mothers have committed any crime for having sex with this loser, nor to treat them as though they have.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000

While I agree with you from a principles point of view, unfortunately this is not a solution either. People will simply not stop before having unprotected sex to think, "If this leads to another baby, I won't get welfare to pay for it!" They will still act now and face the consequences later. And on the male side of things they'd be even more inclined to skip town and be hard to track down. Or even if you do jail them, now what? You've got a mother and/or father in jail and the child goes where exactly? This is an unwinnable situation.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Just so you guys know stories like this is what feeds the Right to want to get rid of the entitlement/welfare state . . . .

That is the bad move though. Let's just think about a couple options for a moment.

One option is the libertarian fantasy where you let people have as many kids as they want but there are no taxes. Do you think these people are basing their decisions on the government checks that go to them? No, they're not thinking at all. Humans are hardy creatures. Even without government checks women can support three kids. You just need to look at the third world to realize that you don't need to have money to have a high birth rate. So what are we left with in your situation? More humans taking up more resources at the planet. Eventually, these people would be an even greater proportion of the population. How long would the wealthy responsible people hold out?

The other option is to have social welfare but move human ethics into the 21st century and put limits on human reproduction. In that scenario you have less offspring of people like this and they are treated humanely and they will have a better chance of not repeating their parents mistakes.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

Having 30 kids you cannot afford should be a crime.

How is what this man, and these women, did different on any practical level from walking down to the bank and pulling out a gun and demanding cash. I mean other than the 30 children they are using as hostages.

Freedom is only for those who are capable of handling freedom.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Humanity has to get real about reproduction. The ancient attitude of reproducing ad infinitum is not sustainable and definitely not desireable. People should began receiving penalties for reproducing above a certain level, and possibly even jailed if they that doesn't stop them.

Umm, you do know that our nation doesn't have a very large percentage of the "fuckers" in this world right?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
But how do I achieve freedom when by proxy i am forced to take care of these kids thanks to welfare programs?

For one, stop the right-wing dogma of you being taxed for anything as the same as any of your freedoms. When we put you in jail, deny you free speech, you can say that.

Where is the personal responsibility for actions? Welfare should be temporary and help you if you hit a bad rut, not purposfully create one and live in it for 15+ years . . .

Second, learn the difference between 'welfare' programs to meet the needs of the poor adults and aid for children aimed at children having their basic needs met.

What 'personal responsibility' do you suggest for him? I gave you the option of saying you're got 'big government' passing a law to put him in jail.

Depriving the children of their needs is not making him accountable.

I also suggested looking at making his child support higher.

There has to be a REASONABLE limit to how much we can provide for peoples mistakes, otherwise we will continue this pattern of no responsibility. He and his baby-mammas have absolutely ZERO respect for the taxpayers.

Providing for the basic needs of children is reasonable in both purpose and cost.

You're right, that he and the mothers are showing no respect for taxpayers.

I have an idea, let's have more sex education in schools to teach people better against these choices. Let's have more school counselors identify and try to reduce this.

Oh, wait, that's against your political and spending priorities, isn't it?

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
As I have said I do believe in personal responsibility & people drawing welfare and child support should be drug tested regularly and randomly. Those found to be using should have their children taken from them and be forced to submit to a long term birth control like an IUD and be pregnancy tested every 3 months to ensure they do not reproduce again. Those children would be better off with a couple that is unable to have children and that have stable incomes and no drug or alcohol problems.

I also firmly believe that non-custodial parents paying child support, or in this case not paying, should not be put into jails/work release/etc. The reason for this is civil matters should not result in a criminal circumstance no matter how bad it may look from the outside, which was one of the beliefs of our forefathers. That said, I completely believe we should draw money out of any checks these people get from employment if they get behind.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Having 30 kids you cannot afford should be a crime.

How is what this man, and these women, did different on any practical level from walking down to the bank and pulling out a gun and demanding cash. I mean other than the 30 children they are using as hostages.

Freedom is only for those who are capable of handling freedom.

We could just make having sex without a permit illegal. That should solve the problem real quick....

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
The problem is that the only people this policy would hurt are the children. The reality is that it's likely the mothers of these kids are not the discriminating type, but I also doubt they were aware that he has dozens of other kids. I don't think it's fair to say the mothers have committed any crime for having sex with this loser, nor to treat them as though they have.

You think that the woman with 12 kids is HELPING the kids with that decsision? Hardly hurting them. The kids in situations like that stand little to no chance of succeeding.. . . sad but the parents can't see past their own generation. At that point it is a wasted generation. wasted.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
So you're telling me with your post that you think this post I responded to is not stupid, that in fact you not only support it but you also believe this crap?:
Oh, no, no, sorry for the misunderstanding. What I'm saying is that I don't recognize your authority in determining which posts are worthy. I know that you were more than likely raised to think you're smarter than everyone but in reality, you're not. It's as simple as that.

If you want to stomp around telling folks what's worthy of being posted feel free, but I'll determine that for myself. Run your mouth, but don't run me. I'm still free to think as I wish. I know that's probably disturbing and may make you feel less in control, but right now in 2012 it's still allowed.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
For one, stop the right-wing dogma of you being taxed for anything as the same as any of your freedoms. When we put you in jail, deny you free speech, you can say that.
Eventually when there are so many children to feed, that aren't mine, and whose parents are irresponsible, taxes MUST be raised to care for their basic needs. Someone elses choices are affecting my pursuit of happiness, if i work 50 hours a week and end up $10 to show for it after taxes I become unhappy. We can take this one out of thread since we could go all ad hominim and end up nowhere!
Second, learn the difference between 'welfare' programs to meet the needs of the poor adults and aid for children aimed at children having their basic needs met.
Sorry, i was using welfare as a general term.
What 'personal responsibility' do you suggest for him? I gave you the option of saying you're got 'big government' passing a law to put him in jail.

Depriving the children of their needs is not making him accountable.

I also suggested looking at making his child support higher.
Any higher and he'll decide he wont' work, leaving the children with $1.49 less each month!
Providing for the basic needs of children is reasonable in both purpose and cost.

You're right, that he and the mothers are showing no respect for taxpayers.

I have an idea, let's have more sex education in schools to teach people better against these choices. Let's have more school counselors identify and try to reduce this.

Oh, wait, that's against your political and spending priorities, isn't it?

I agree, we need to provide for children. It's not the kids fault they shouldn't be punished for it. I'm with you on that. I'm just saying without SOME check in place, society will become overburdened and crumble. My spending priorities would be to halve the number of kids of the state, thereby reducing cost, and taking the "savings" and send them to good school and get them educated so they can rise above the situation they were born in. But this will be the third post I'll say this in: so long as these peo[le continue their path, we will continue to have wasted generations