Man took pictures of people from inside a sewage tank

grrl

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
A coworker of mine was there last winter and remembers her sister saying she saw a flash.

Man denied bail over lurid pictures
By Ian Gerard
May 04, 2005
From The Australian

A 61-year-old man who allegedly hid in a sewage tank at a popular tourist spot near Cairns over a four-month period to film more than 175 women going to the toilet has appeared in a Queensland court.

Police arrested John Barnie on March 25 when a woman checking a pit toilet for creepy-crawlies at Josephine Falls, 40 minutes' drive south of Cairns, noticed a flash of light from the tank.

It is alleged Mr Barnie used a mirror and video camera to film unsuspecting women and children from the pit for almost four months from January 1.

An investigation is under way to determine whether the pensioner posted the images on the internet after similar downloaded images were found at his home, the court was told.

Mr Barnie has been charged with 178 counts of committing an indecent act and three counts of making a video image of a child under the age of 16.

Josephine Falls is a popular swimming spot for locals and overseas tourists who travel to the area on organised bus tours from Cairns.

The toilet block at the car park services both the falls crowd and hikers walking to the summit of Mount Bartle Frere - Queensland's highest point.

In a brief appearance in Cairns Magistrates Court, Mr Barnie kept his eyes down and sat hunched over in his seat.

He was arrested in Caboolture last week after failing to appear at an earlier court hearing at Innisfail, near Josephine Falls.

He was denied bail and will next appear in court on June 6.

Aug 26, 2004
bwahahahahahaha....

breathe in...breathe out

BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

thats fvcking hilarious :laugh:

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Reminds me of Schindler's List... well... everything but the camera. :)

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
In other news:
Text
May 18, 2005 -- A pervert installed a video camera under an Upper East Side subway grate ? and had been taking lewd shots up unsuspecting women's skirts, police said yesterday.
The hidden camera, an Archos Jukebox Multimedia, was found at 3:15 p.m. after a woman spotted a box with wires sticking out of it under the grate on East 88th Street and Lexington Avenue.

The site is two blocks from the busy 4, 5, and 6 station at 86th Street.

Cops ? fearing the suspicious box could be a bomb ? closed off the street.

When they lifted the grate, they found the camera, attached to a hard drive, pointing upward.

The so-called "upskirt camera" ? used to take pictures that are often posted on the Internet ? was working, cops said.

The camera was taken to the 19th Precinct station house, where cops are trying to figure out the Web site that was receiving the images.

Women in the neighborhood said they were shocked that a digital voyeur was targeting them.

"That's really disgusting. It's really sick," said Marissa Solomon, 17, who lives on the Upper East Side. "I walk by here at least once a day."

Danielle Reseld, 26, said there's no privacy in the city anymore.

"It's disturbing," she said. "I'm happy I wear pants most of the time."

Gov. Pataki signed a law in 2003 making video voyeurism a felony punishable by up to seven years in prison.

"Stephanie's Law" ? named after Stephanie Fuller, the Long Island woman whose landlord received a slap on the wrist after secretly videotaping her in her apartment ? also outlaws "upskirting" in public places.