man slashes 10 kids in a church cafeteria!

robisc

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
sad, very sad and yet another reason that if there were a legal concealed carry permit holder had a gun this could have been prevented.

Jun 18, 2000
Originally posted by: robisc
sad, very sad and yet another reason that if there were a legal concealed carry permit holder had a gun this could have been prevented.
rolleye.gif
Instead of carrying a knife into the cafeteria, he would have had a gun. Brilliant.

edit: I'm not sure what you're implying. Is it currently illegal to carry a concealed weapon in Korea?

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: KnightBreed
rolleye.gif
Instead of carrying a knife into the cafeteria, he would have had a gun. Brilliant.

no, he was stating that if someone had a gun to shoot the nut, less would have been hurt. Believe it or not, criminals will always have weapons, even if they do not have permits to carry them(Shocking, eh?)

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Wish I were the judge hearing this case..

"I hear voices too"
"They are telling me to hang em high"
<Slams Gavel>
"The court finds the defendant to be without any redeemable qualities, a dredge to society, a certifiable nut, a moron, and a pathetic excuse for a human being"
"You will be hanged by the neck un til you are dead....dead......dead"

What is Korea's gun control laws anyways?

Jun 18, 2000
Originally posted by: iamwiz82no, he was stating that if someone had a gun to shoot the nut, less would have been hurt. Believe it or not, criminals will always have weapons, even if they do not have permits to carry them(Shocking, eh?)
I understood what he meant. If sane people can carry concealed weapons, so can nutjobs like this, and it certainly makes it easier for them.

BigJohnKC

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2001
This truly sucks. :(

Why do voices in people's heads always tell them to go kill people? Why doesn't a voice ever say, "Go take a sh!t on the salad bar at Wendy's"......

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: iamwiz82
rolleye.gif
no, he was stating that if someone had a gun to shoot the nut, less would have been hurt. Believe it or not, criminals will always have weapons, even if they do not have permits to carry them(Shocking, eh?)
I understood what he meant. If sane people can carry concealed weapons, so can nutjobs like this - well it certainly makes it easier for them.

If drugs were banned, it sure would make it harder for criminals to get them.

no, wait...

If GUNS were banned, it sure would make it harder for criminals to get them.

Yeah yeah... That's it...

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: iamwiz82no, he was stating that if someone had a gun to shoot the nut, less would have been hurt. Believe it or not, criminals will always have weapons, even if they do not have permits to carry them(Shocking, eh?)
I understood what he meant. If sane people can carry concealed weapons, so can nutjobs like this, and it certainly makes it easier for them.

do you think he would have waited fro a permit to get the gun?!
Sorry, there's a 3 day waiting period."
"3 days? But I'm angry NOW!"
"We need to run a standard background check."
"Ohhh, I'd kill you if I had my gun

:)

Jun 18, 2000
Originally posted by: BigJohnKC

Why do voices in people's heads always tell them to go kill people? Why doesn't a voice ever say, "Go take a sh!t on the salad bar at Wendy's"......
These voices usually manifest themselves from deep-rooted anger toward other people - often times from past experiences (being molested as a child, for example). Somebody taking "a sh!t on the salad bar at Wendy's" likely won't appease this manifested voice. If you've suppressed enough emotion to trigger the growth of an entirely different persona inside your head, I'd surmise you're going to be out for blood - not kittens. :frown:

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Sorry, there's a 3 day waiting period."
"3 days? But I'm angry NOW!"
"We need to run a standard background check."
"Ohhh, I'd kill you if I had my gun

hehehe :D You gotta love Homer. :p

robisc

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999

Sorry but you are so wrong, so wrong, and yes thank you, my statement was brilliant. Now if you look back at my post you will note that I said if someone were legally carrying a gun, now how many times do you know of that criminals carry guns legally? And don't you even think for a minute that if this guy wanted to have done this with a gun he could have gotten one, illegally. The same old tired argument by all the anti-gun folks is getting so old. I mean it is very simple, just as drugs are illegal right now if guns are ever made illegal to own by law abiding citizens that isn't going to keep the criminals form getting them.

BigJohnKC

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2001

These voices usually manifest themselves from deep-rooted anger toward other people - often times from past experiences (being molested as a child, for example). Somebody taking "a sh!t on the salad bar at Wendy's" likely won't appease this manifested voice. If you've suppressed enough emotion to trigger the growth of an entirely different persona inside your head, I'd surmise you're going to be out for blood - not kittens. :frown:

umm...yeah :confused: That was a quote from an old Carlin comedy sketch - I thought people might find it humorous.

Jun 18, 2000
We don't know how long this person has been planning the attack. I doubt he woke up one morning and decided, "Hey, let's go stab children at the local church!" Even crazy people have some concept of time and patience.

And this has officially turned into a gun "legalize/illegallize gun" debate. :) That certainly wasn't my intent.

Jun 18, 2000
umm...yeah :confused: That was a quote from an old Carlin comedy sketch - I thought people might find it humorous.
I thought it sounded familiar. :D Ignore my inane ramblings.

BigJohnKC

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2001
I thought it sounded familiar. :D Ignore my inane ramblings.

Already ignored, my friend :D:p

JupiterJones

Jun 14, 2001

Bad guys with weapons are always stopped by good guys with weapons. Since there are many more good guys than bad guys, everyone should be armed. In this case, it was 30 minutes later and after many children had been injured. Had there been good guys with weapons onsite, this tragedy could have been prevented, or at the least greatly reduced. Much the same for the events of 9/11. The gun is simply the great equalizer. My grandmother, armed with a handgun, can protect herself and the defenseless one's around her. My grandmother, unarmed, is simply another victim. The same could be said for me. While a knife is better than bare hands, nothing currently available is better than the handgun for defense. Pepper spray, for example, does not work in the rain, or in strong wind.

Mister T

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
We are all missing the point here fellas....

If knifes were illegal, this would not have happened.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Mister T
We are all missing the point here fellas....

If knifes were illegal, this would not have happened.

better yet, ban cafeterias, since it happened in one it must be bad!