Man saves family and rack of ribs from house fire

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

madoka

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2004
From the follow-up video interview:

http://www.kmph-kfre.com/story/29961003/ribrob-viral-video-rib-man-on-kmph

Robert was cooking ribs on his patio at 3:00 a.m. when he smelled smoke. “It was real, real traumatic. I didn’t really understand what was going on. I thought my ribs was actually burning. I was in the back you know and I was like, ‘Man I smell something burning. I know those ain’t my ribs.’”

skull

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2000
What a moron. Can't even speak.

Exactly, 99% chance our tax dollars paid for those ribs.

If you're too stupid to feed yourself fine rice, beans and eggs until you learn. No more going to the grocery store for it either. Once a month wait in line with all the other morons. Suddenly I bet there would be a whole lot less people that can't manage to feed themselves.

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
how do you barbecue in an apartment?

EDIT: just read about the patio.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Exactly, 99% chance our tax dollars paid for those ribs.

And his TV. And his iPhone. And his tattoos. And his drugs. And his girlfriends' abortions. And the crow bar he will use to invade your home.

Did I cover everything?

skull

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2000
And his TV. And his iPhone. And his tattoos. And his drugs. And his girlfriends' abortions. And the crow bar he will use to invade your home.

Did I cover everything?

The cash from illegal drug sales pays for most of those. Our tax dollars pay for his apartment and phone. Abortions? Can't do that, thats income man.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
The cash from illegal drug sales pays for most of those. Our tax dollars pay for his apartment and phone. Abortions? Can't do that, thats income man.

Sounds like you know him personally, since you have so much factual detail about his life.

It must mean you are one of his clients - or one of the people he pimps out. Does he hit you too?

skull

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2000
Sounds like you know him personally, since you have so much factual detail about his life.

It must mean you are one of his clients - or one of the people he pimps out. Does he hit you too?

I was joking but there are way too many like that. I was a heroin addict 6 years ago and now I work in rental property I know the type very well. He looks like the lazy type probably can't even get enough energy up to be a dope dealer. Most dealers will give you 50 cents on the dollar to borrow your food stamp card and pin if their girl don't have one of her own though. Proud to say as a dope fiend I never stooped low enough to be a government leach. The only free meals and housing I ever got from the government was in county.

I suggest you quit while you're behind.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

skull

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2000
You don't have to worry about me getting hit I'm from the nati midwest swing is what my gat do and my trigger finger is happier than Ray Tensings.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000

Did I cover everything?

You have absolutely ZERO knowledge of anything about this man but the opportunity to display what a racist asshole you are cannot be missed. Same goes for the others in this thread posting derogatory crap. Hate to break this to you but I've worked alongside dozens of black people, supervised on some occasions and every one of them worked their ass off.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
You have absolutely ZERO knowledge of anything about this man but the opportunity to display what a racist asshole you are cannot be missed. Same goes for the others in this thread posting derogatory crap. Hate to break this to you but I've worked alongside dozens of black people, supervised on some occasions and every one of them worked their ass off.

*taps sarcasm meter*

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
You don't have to worry about me getting hit I'm from the nati midwest swing is what my gat do and my trigger finger is happier than Ray Tensings.

Your "hero" Tensings executed a man because he was going to flee from a traffic stop, his sorry-ass excuse for this was "self defense" despite the video clearly showing him killing the dude before the car moved 5 feet. The remainder of his life will be spent in the greybar motel.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009

I feel ya, I've supervised dozens of white people that also worked their ass off.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
What a moron. Can't even speak.

I understood everything he said, while it wasn't eloquently worded, the mans apartment caught fire plus he was on the news talking about it. I'd imagine both of those might effect what came out of his mouth. When you're really scared or excited you tend to not sound like yourself when you're speaking.

Last edited:

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
come here to post this.

And that ribs looks tough to eat.

Pork spareribs generally are, that's why they are so cheap. If you have a smoker and use a good dry-rub they can turn out tender and tasty but your looking at 8-12 hours of low-heat cooking.

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
I understood everything he said, while it wasn't eloquently worded, the mans apartment caught fire plus he was on the news talking about it. I'd imagine both of those might effect what came out of his mouth. When you're really scared or excited you tend to not sound like yourself when you're speaking.
there's the follow-up interview in the newsroom and he's not exactly well-spoken but he doesn't say man all the time and is less agitated.