Man, my Intels suck at RC72

littleprince

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2001
Not to be meant as a bashing thread or zealot thread.

But basicaly my Athlon @ 1G gets 3 MKeys/sec
Mobile P4 @ 1.8 gets 2.5Mkeys/sec
and my Mobile P3 @ 1G gets 2Mkeys/sec

Is there a project that better utilizes the P4 FPU that someone would like to trade some work for?

What happened to that table of which projects each cpu was better at?

sean2002

Golden Member
Apr 9, 2001
there is something about 32 round something that is not on the P4 but is on the K7 and P3 cores, do a google search and it will be better explained

RemyCanad

Golden Member
Sep 28, 2001
I would think some SOB people would. I would but I can't give you full time on my CPU so it wouldn't be a fair trade....

sean2002

Golden Member
Apr 9, 2001
Seventeen or Bust runs the fastest on P4's, we could really use you help to take 2nd place.

littleprince

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2001
Dont worry if your cpu doesnt run full time.
Mine doesnt either. My laptops are plugged in maybe an avg of 16 hrs a day. And in Standby/hibernate maybe 6 hours a day so...

The client has to behave, and pause when not on power.

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Originally posted by: littleprince
Mine doesnt either. My laptops are plugged in maybe an avg of 16 hrs a day. And in Standby/hibernate maybe 6 hours a day so...

Hmm, that makes it harder. SETI has had problems in the past with Outlook and Windows 2000, and I don't know if those have been resolved. The Distributed.net client is the most well behaved client I have ever known of. Dialup detection works perfectly, and it has all sorts of options for throttling back or shutting off on battery, and the rest. Maybe when the BOINC comes in to popular use, it will support features like these, but of that I can not be sure. Sorry I couldn't help more. :(

littleprince

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2001
The prime95 client has also worked well for me in the past on my laptop. Dunno about dialup though. Never thought about that. Theres usualy a wired, or wireless network somewhere nearby.

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
Originally posted by: littleprince

If your Mobile P4 was turned on 24/7, then I would swap with you, and run RC5 on my XP1800+, and you could run Seventeen or Bust on your P4. However, my Athlon is on 24/7, and to do a CPU swap, I would really like for yours to be on 24/7 too.

If you do wish to do this, let me know :)

Garry