Man, I love caffeine

apac

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2003
I don't drink it very often, but when I do it really gets the job done. Woke up feeling like crap this morning, drank some extra strong tea, +5 minutes and I'm feeling almost 100%.

Hooray!

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Lucky you. Half a pot of coffee barely raises an eyebrow for me anymore.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Cafeine and Sugar are FTW. When I worked at the helpdesk on the 7:00am shift I used to get a hot chocolate from the machine and add like 10 packets of sugar to it, othertimes I'd get a coke too.

brblx

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2009
i have to freebase ground up moonrocks. and that only gets me to 'normal.'

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
I gotta start trying it. I always feel like complete shit early in the morning, especially if its earlier than I normally get up

apac

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2003
I gotta start trying it. I always feel like complete shit early in the morning, especially if its earlier than I normally get up

The trick is to only use it when you really need it. Most nights with 7-8 hours of sleep I feel fine. Today I think I'm coming down with a cold, so everything was groggy and terrible.

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
We splurged and bought a nice coffee maker with built in grinder.

Best decision ever.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Cafeine and Sugar are FTW. When I worked at the helpdesk on the 7:00am shift I used to get a hot chocolate from the machine and add like 10 packets of sugar to it, othertimes I'd get a coke too.

Sounds like a good way to get diabetes.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
uh yeah no. it doesn't work like that. ;)

I'm not going to argue about a disease that isn't fully understood, whether you want to link him eating a disgusting amount of sugar to diabetes or to getting fat & looking like a disgusting slob until he has a heart attack and dies....well, that's up to you, but I wouldn't call either of them preferable.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
I'm not going to argue about a disease that isn't fully understood, whether you want to link him eating a disgusting amount of sugar to diabetes or to getting fat & looking like a disgusting slob until he has a heart attack and dies....well, that's up to you, but I wouldn't call either of them preferable.

Well type 2 diabetes can be linked to fatness due to excess sugar intake (thus an indirect link to sugar, if you want to say it like that...), you know people can eat sugar and not become a disgusting fat slob, yes?

Take me for example. I LOVE sugar. Love love love that shit. It's a simple carb that's just as easy to get rid of as it is to eat. Well okay, not quite as easy as eating it, but you get the point.

Really I'm just being the devil's advocate here. I won't encourage throwing 1/4cup of sugar into everything you drink, but in that same right, you just have to know what you are putting in, and understand what needs to be done to increase the output, or at least match the input.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Well type 2 diabetes can be linked to fatness due to excess sugar intake (thus an indirect link to sugar, if you want to say it like that...), you know people can eat sugar and not become a disgusting fat slob, yes?

Take me for example. I LOVE sugar. Love love love that shit. It's a simple carb that's just as easy to get rid of as it is to eat. Well okay, not quite as easy as eating it, but you get the point.

Really I'm just being the devil's advocate here. I won't encourage throwing 1/4cup of sugar into everything you drink, but in that same right, you just have to know what you are putting in, and understand what needs to be done to increase the output, or at least match the input.

I'm not saying you can't have any sugar. Just that getting hot chocolate + 10 packets of sugar + sometimes a coke every morning to start your day sounds like a pretty good way aid in your suicide, that's all.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Caffeine isn't for being alert or energized, it's for keeping my heart beating and preventing me from killing people without cause. I've been happily addicted to coffee for many years. I'm Norwegian so, coffee is an inalienable right.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I don't get much energy from it but it does help me wake up. And if I don't have it every 24 hours or so I'll get a headache and such. Been like this for a long time.

I don't get the sugar part. Maybe kids supposedly get hyper from sugar but I don't see how it can really affect most people. Even most pop doesn't have much caffeine in it at all. I have caffeine pills just cause they're so cheap ($3 for 90x200mg).

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
I usually have to have about 16oz of coffee before I am functional in the mornings. Need at least 4oz to avoid a headache from hell. I love the stuff, coffee is one of the best tasting drinks out there.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
I don't get much energy from it but it does help me wake up. And if I don't have it every 24 hours or so I'll get a headache and such. Been like this for a long time.

I don't get the sugar part. Maybe kids supposedly get hyper from sugar but I don't see how it can really affect most people. Even most pop doesn't have much caffeine in it at all. I have caffeine pills just cause they're so cheap ($3 for 90x200mg).

Pills don't warm your soul like a mug of hot coffee does.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001

Placebo effect - it's powerful stuff.
"No sugar for you, or you'll never settle down!"

"No, I'll never settle down because you never instilled proper mental discipline in me!"

I keep caffeine pills handy too. Quite cheap, as you say, and way more portable than coffee. I dice the things up though - 50mg is my preferred dosage. Much more and I get so damned jittery I can hardly do anything useful. That probably comes from getting almost completely weaned off of it.
Back when I worked retail, a nice 24oz Code Red Mt Dew went with lunch each day. Didn't bug me then, or at least not that I noticed. But of course, it was retail, so my brain was at least 87% offline most of the time anyway.

Ahh, those were the days.
"Excuse me, do you have any zero-watt nightlight bulbs?"
- "...Um, no. We have these limelight electroluminescent nightlights, which use very little electricity. But a zero-watt nightlight would be off or burned out, and produce no light."
"No, no, I'm sure there are zero-watt nightlight bulbs here, I'll keep looking, thank you."

Last edited: