Man dies after trying to swallow

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000

<< Yo-ma-ma:
The fins made it almost impossible to retrieve the fish and save his life!

If you read the story you'll see that they found his throat was lacerated.
>>

I know, perch are tricky to get off the hook without getting stuck, let alone out of a throat.

FrontlineWarrior

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2000
try not to be too empathetic guys.
after all, how many times have you done really stupid things that should have gotten you killed but didn't?
I wouldn't exactly appreciate it if I died that one time while rollerblading down a hill out of control with an oncoming car ready to hit me, and bozos say &quot;hahaha, what a moron&quot; &quot;darwin award&quot; &quot;one less idiot&quot;.

You guys don't know the whole story. it's easy to say he's an idiot, and what he did was probably idiotic, but come on the guy died doing some stupid joke, don't you agree that's more sad than funny?

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999

<< don't you agree that's more sad than funny >>

Yea, it's sad to some extent. But it's hard to have compassion for someone so stupid. What about the guy who was playing William Tell with his friend and shot him in the head?? Hard to feel sorry for these idiots - I'm sorry...

dopcombo

Golden Member
Nov 14, 2000
DiRF
If you were that silly as to go rollerblading down a hill when you didn't have the control needed, and you were to die by crashing headon into a car, I will not have any sympathy or empathy for you.

come on, don't do things that endanger your life.
If you like to live life on the edge, at least make sure you have your life after that.

unless of course, you don't want to live, then i classify you as absolutely stupid for wanting to throw away your life like that.

purplehayes

Golden Member
Mar 31, 2000

<< I wouldn't exactly appreciate it if I died that one time while rollerblading down a hill out of control with an oncoming car ready to hit me, and bozos say &quot;hahaha, what a moron&quot; &quot;darwin award&quot; &quot;one less idiot&quot;. >>

yes, but rollerblading is relatively safe. Swallowing a 5&quot;, live perch isn't, no matter how you look at it. This guy was an idiot.

PH
:D