Man confronts punk - Punk = future US president?

Jul 9, 2009
The kid is just another HomerJS.

The poster you called out is not in this thread, nor does that poster post in a way that would make your call out acceptable even if he were. If anyone resembles that kid, it's you. You post on the edge of acceptability all the time. There are cumulative consequences for that.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Yes, I'm sure that violence will teach a violent person not to be violent.

Getting his ass kicked repeatedly will most definitely teach a little wanna-be punk not to start shit. He got put on his ass once, cried and ran away. He learned something.

Last edited:

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
clearly the kid doesnt have a good home life. His future is shit. Isnt that enough?

Reactions: cytg111

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
clearly the kid doesnt have a good home life. His future is shit. Isnt that enough?

This.

As angry as this child makes you, it's deeper than simplistically saying "lack of discipline." This kid needs a lot of help and I'm betting he's already had his fair share of beatings. That's why he thinks violence and bullying are acceptable tools.

Reactions: Perknose

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
That kid got a one way ticket going the wrong way and Id wager that if its this early he never had a chance. The cards we get dealt.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I do wonder... how does one defend themselves without becoming a target of the authorities?

The obvious response to someone getting up in your face is the use of force. But how the hell are you supposed to know when you can, and what specifically you can do, legally? A single blow or knockdown to the ground CAN be fatal. Head hits the cement and it's game over. Only way to ensure the kid doesn't end up dead is to "let" him assault and harass you, and that's not an option.

Even if he's fine afterwards, without a video of being harassed and assaulted, the headline would probably read: "man attacks kid".

It has occurred to me that I have no idea what the "right move" is in that situation.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I do wonder... how does one defend themselves without becoming a target of the authorities?

The obvious response to someone getting up in your face is the use of force. But how the hell are you supposed to know when you can, and what specifically you can do, legally? A single blow or knockdown to the ground CAN be fatal. Head hits the cement and it's game over. Only way to ensure the kid doesn't end up dead is to "let" him assault and harass you, and that's not an option.

Even if he's fine afterwards, without a video of being harassed and assaulted, the headline would probably read: "man attacks kid".

It has occurred to me that I have no idea what the "right move" is in that situation.
The second he starts hitting you, and you got that on video, I would take him to the ground and pacify him till the police shows up... But it has to be as "gentle" as possible, in that situation you are massively overpowered so the response has to be "appropriate". That is how the law works here anyway .. Oh and remember to always lead with "I was afraid for my life officer.. I think i pissed my self a little!".

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
I won't presume the kid is a victim without knowing more, there's also no way to tell that lack of discipline hasn't been a major factor. Sometimes the obvious is correct. At this point, the kid probably needs some kind of boot camp, tough love mixed with counseling. The unfortunate thing is that he'll probably do a crime and end up in the juvenile detention system instead.

Nov 25, 2013
Getting his ass kicked repeatedly will most definitely teach a little wanna-be punk not to start shit. He got put on his ass once, cried and ran away. He learned something.

No he didn't.

Edit: well, he might have leaned to pick a fight with someone smaller than he is.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The kid is just another HomerJS.

The poster you called out is not in this thread, nor does that poster post in a way that would make your call out acceptable even if he were. If anyone resembles that kid, it's you. You post on the edge of acceptability all the time. There are cumulative consequences for that.

Perknose
Forum Director
Love ya back!!

That little kid needs his ass kicked. Only someone who grew up thinking he has inherited privilege would act like that.

Instead he is a few years from killing someone drunk driving and getting probation. I'm black and would be put in jail for life

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Looks to me like the kid got off pretty easy. The older guy could have hurt him and didn't try. One day that kid is going to try something with the wrong person. Whether that's before or after he harms someone seriously remains to be seen.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Only someone who grew up thinking he has inherited privilege would act like that.

That would be a great many people from all walks of life and race. I don't think "inherited privilege" has anything to do with it.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
That would be a great many people from all walks of life and race. I don't think "inherited privilege" has anything to do with it.
First part of that was admittedly facetious, however inherited privilege gets one off consequences. Like the affluenza kid.

Ironically if that kid had been black his behavior half that bad would have gotten him shot

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Looks to me like the kid got off pretty easy. The older guy could have hurt him and didn't try. One day that kid is going to try something with the wrong person. Whether that's before or after he harms someone seriously remains to be seen.
This reminds me of a Mulla Nasrudin story: The Mulla was at a train station where a young boy was going around knocking off people's hats. Did it to the Mulla also, I guess his turban. One of the people waiting for the train to arrive asked the Mulla why he didn't do something, and he answered, "That's not how things will work out." Sometime later a soldier sat down and had his hat knocked off and he got up and shot the kid.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
First part of that was admittedly facetious, however inherited privilege gets one off consequences. Like the affluenza kid

It might as you say but there have been times where asserting it on the street has resulted with spectacular failure. In other areas that kid might not make it through puberty. He's got problems and for whatever reason, he wants to share with others. Mamma better get him some sense soon, either by a change in upbringing or professional help.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
This reminds me of a Mulla Nasrudin story: The Mulla was at a train station where a young boy was going around knocking off people's hats. Did it to the Mulla also, I guess his turban. One of the people waiting for the train to arrive asked the Mulla why he didn't do something, and he answered, "That's not how things will work out." Sometime later a soldier sat down and had his hat knocked off and he got up and shot the kid.

That was unexpected I bet. Things always work out, one way or another. Sometimes lessons can be learned and sometimes not, but something happens.