Man Arrested in Plot to Blow up NYC Federal Reserve Bank

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
What I find interesting is how many of these arrests happen to people where the FBI provides the logistics for the operation.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
You have people with the desire and they do not have the skill set to generate the opportunity.

One can not nail them on ideas alone. If their means/opportunity can be channeled; you reduce the potential for dmage and also have the legal ability to get them off the street.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
What I find interesting is how many of these arrests happen to people where the FBI provides the logistics for the operation.

These types of operations have been found to be constitutional (though several judges have expressed their distaste for the method.) It's the best way to identify these radical anti-American terrorists living among us. We offer them the means to do harm, but they absolutely provide the motive and will to carry out acts of terror on our soil.

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012

Without the government manufacturing the terrorism themselves, there probably wouldn't be much if any at all, and that can't be allowed to happen. Governments must have enemies to scare the people with. If no enemies exist, they must be created by any means possible. That's why the U.S. government has the FBI infiltrating groups of essentially harmless young men and giving them all the tools they need to pull off terrorist attacks. Most of the time, the government then swoops in, arrests the "terrorists" they created, and tells the public, "you see, there is a terrorist threat, and that's why we need the Patriot Act, NDAA, and a surveillance grid police state". Other times, the government simply allows the attack to occur, which is probably what happened with the first World Trade Center bombing, Oklahoma City, and 9/11.

Watch this video to understand how the War on Terror scam really works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VswdzWA6T-s

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Without the government manufacturing the terrorism themselves, there probably wouldn't be much if any at all, and that can't be allowed to happen. Governments must have enemies to scare the people with. If no enemies exist, they must be created by any means possible. That's why the U.S. government has the FBI infiltrating groups of essentially harmless young men and giving them all the tools they need to pull off terrorist attacks. Most of the time, the government then swoops in, arrests the "terrorists" they created, and tells the public, "you see, there is a terrorist threat, and that's why we need the Patriot Act, NDAA, and a surveillance grid police state". Other times, the government simply allows the attack to occur, which is probably what happened with the first World Trade Center bombing, Oklahoma City, and 9/11.

Watch this video to understand how the War on Terror scam really works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VswdzWA6T-s

So true. This is why the gun industry pays Nike to advertise shoes that people will kill for so they can sell more guns. It's all our there on http://www.bootube.com/watch/paranoids/buy/anything

Last edited:

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
As I said in the Off Topic thread:

Once again I am very pleased that the average terrorist is a complete loser who turns to terrorism because he's otherwise shunned by society and this is his way of romanticizing why that's happened. ("I don't get along because they're corrupt and I am pure!") Good job, kiddo.

If you are stupid enough to go along with a terrorist plot even if the government goes as far as supplies you with the plan and the bomb, I am all for putting you away for the rest of your idiot life.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
These types of operations have been found to be constitutional (though several judges have expressed their distaste for the method.) It's the best way to identify these radical anti-American terrorists living among us. We offer them the means to do harm, but they absolutely provide the motive and will to carry out acts of terror on our soil.

Give me 200,000 dollars and I can go into any trailer park in america and create a few Timothy McVeigh's. This idea we are cracking down on terrorism when we are the ones creating it is silly. It isnt like this is the first case either where the FBI supplied the logistics. There is plenty of cases like these.

Shouldnt we be going after actual terrorists who can provide their own logistics and ideas?

This is from last April.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/o...ped-along-by-the-fbi.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

&#8220;Only the government could have made a &#8216;terrorist&#8217; out of Mr. Cromitie, whose buffoonery is positively Shakespearean in its scope,&#8221; said Judge Colleen McMahon, sentencing him to 25 years. She branded it a &#8220;fantasy terror operation&#8221; but called his attempt &#8220;beyond despicable&#8221; and rejected his claim of entrapment.

The judge&#8217;s statement was unusual, but Mr. Cromitie&#8217;s characteristics were not. His incompetence and ambivalence could be found among other aspiring terrorists whose grandiose plans were nurtured by law enforcement. They included men who wanted to attack fuel lines at Kennedy International Airport; destroy the Sears Tower (now Willis Tower) in Chicago; carry out a suicide bombing near Tampa Bay, Fla., and bomb subways in New York and Washington. Of the 22 most frightening plans for attacks since 9/11 on American soil, 14 were developed in sting operations.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Give me 200,000 dollars and I can go into any trailer park in america and create a few Timothy McVeigh's. This idea we are cracking down on terrorism when we are the ones creating it is silly. It isnt like this is the first case either where the FBI supplied the logistics. There is plenty of cases like these.

Shouldnt we be going after actual terrorists who can provide their own logistics and ideas?

This is from last April.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/o...ped-along-by-the-fbi.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

We are going after actual terrorists abroad; the drone strike program has effectively dismantled several major international terror organizations. But terror at home is still a possibility. The larger, more meaningful busts in the homeland don't make the news because publicizing the arrests would hinder attempts at locating the rest of the terror cells operating on our soil.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
We are going after actual terrorists abroad; the drone strike program has effectively dismantled several major international terror organizations. But terror at home is still a possibility. The larger, more meaningful busts in the homeland don't make the news because publicizing the arrests would hinder attempts at locating the rest of the terror cells operating on our soil.

What terror cells? 2/3rds of the the major planned attacks since 9-11 were orchestrated by our govt. Who then makes an arrest and pats themselves on the back.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
What terror cells? 2/3rds of the the major planned attacks since 9-11 were orchestrated by our govt. Who then makes an arrest and pats themselves on the back.

Like you said, most of that is just for the media to show the public that DHS is actually doing something. And like I said, the big busts can't publicized because to do so would endanger future busts. If the bad guys know that one of their cells has been compromised they're going to increase their security on all fronts.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

That's because they have the jurisdiction over these incidents. This guy was on Facebook recruiting people to commit terrorist acts. He was the one who drove the fake explosives to the location and then pushed the button.

I have to give Kudos to the FBI for saving hundreds of lives. This was an Oklahoma City sized bomb he thought he was detonating.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
That's because they have the jurisdiction over these incidents. This guy was on Facebook recruiting people to commit terrorist acts. He was the one who drove the fake explosives to the location and then pushed the button.

I have to give Kudos to the FBI for saving hundreds of lives. This was an Oklahoma City sized bomb he thought he was detonating.

Sure it was an oklahoma city event if the FBI provided him with real weapons. Would this guy get any further than FB ramblings if left on his own? That is the point I am making. When 15 of 23 foiled sizeable plots since 9-11 required the FBI to provide the logistics and in some case coerse the target into doing something. Are we winning the war on terror? Or are we wasting valuable resources on fringe elements that would never get anything done if left on their own?

Like I said earlier. Give me 200K and I can go make several Timothy McVeighs by walking into a trailer park. But did I really stop a terrorist attack? Or create a situation to stop it?

Last edited:

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Sure it was an oklahoma city event if the FBI provided him with real weapons. Would this guy get any further than FB ramblings if left on his own? That is the point I am making. When 15 of 23 foiled sizeable plots since 9-11 required the FBI to provide the logistics and in some case coerse the target into doing something. Are we winning the war on terror? Or are we wasting valuable resources on fringe elements that would never get anything done if left on their own?

Like I said earlier. Give me 200K and I can go make several Timothy McVeighs by walking into a trailer park. But did I really stop a terrorist attack? Or create a situation to stop it?

"But, but, but... the FBI wouldn't manufacture fake terrorism for the purpose of fooling the American people into thinking there's a bigger terrorism problem than there really is! They just wouldn't! The government is full of people who just want to "serve and protect" the public! They say so right on their own website! To think that the government would lie to us or do anything to harm us, even though they've done so in the past, is paranoid conspiracy thinking! I don't even want to have to think about this anymore! I'm going to go watch Jersey Shore!"

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
"But, but, but... the FBI wouldn't manufacture fake terrorism for the purpose of fooling the American people into thinking there's a bigger terrorism problem than there really is!

The FB what? LOL, don't tell me you believe what the mainstream media tells you!

twin_peaks_the_definitive_gold_box_edition_20071.jpg

>FBI
LOL

Last edited:

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
FBI manufacturing terrorists for quite a few years now. I wonder if they have a sign up like McDonalds used to to tally their way to a billion sold.

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
The FB what? LOL, don't tell me you believe what the mainstream media tells you!

twin_peaks_the_definitive_gold_box_edition_20071.jpg

>FBI
LOL

LOL. I burned Anime Boy so well he's hellbent on following me around to every thread hoping for the chance to get back at me! LOL!

Sorry, sweetie, but you first need to work on your trolling skills. If your attempts at trolling are actually entertaining your targets, it's not working! LOL!