Malwarebytes 1.70 Released

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Works for me. Got auto upgrades on three machines. The biggest change for me is the icon.

jhansman

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2004
I've used it on two machines that were hit by trojans in emails the owners never should have opened. Nasty little suckers that simply took over their systems, desktop and all. Installed the program, booted into safe mode, let it clean and got things working the way they should. To call it snake oil is just plain ignorance; it's a solid program that works.

capeconsultant

Aug 10, 2005
I've used it on two machines that were hit by trojans in emails the owners never should have opened. Nasty little suckers that simply took over their systems, desktop and all. Installed the program, booted into safe mode, let it clean and got things working the way they should. To call it snake oil is just plain ignorance; it's a solid program that works.

Amen to that!

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
Malewarebytes is one of the best ones from my experience. Granted, I don't have that much experience as it's exceedingly rare that I've ever had to use these programs, heh. Superantispyware is supposed to be alright too, but I prefer Malewarebytes. Definitely a good program. Snake oil isn't how I would describe it.

Qbah

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2005
Was wondering what that new icon is on the tray :p

Anyway, works as before, I don't see a difference. I guess that's OK.

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
Mine upgraded automatically as well. Works for me. I also use PC Tools firewall plus (Paid program, but can install on 3 computers).

MontyAC

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2004
Malwarebytes also has a beta anti-rootkit program. I've been using it for my weekly scans. Check it out.

xgsound

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2002
Nothing less than modern day snake oil.

No single method of malware prevention or repair works every single time. Malwarebytes is the best general purpose malware cleaner I've ever used, especially for the rouge antivirus series variants. I've found the next best general cleaner to be Superantispyware.
When I otherwise think I'm done, I always finish up with TDSSKILLER.

Jim

rsutoratosu

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2011
So i have stuff that malwarebytes and those other ones didn't caught, super antispyware,etc.. most of the time, we just reimage the pc at work and dont bother cleaning it.. sometimes it takes like 2-3 hours to do a full scan and reboot and scan again..

crashtestdummy

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2010
I'm the IT guy for my research group, and it's the best piece of general malware removal software I've come across, and is generally my first line of attack for any computer that's already been infected.

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Ideally I would reimage/reinstall too but there are some cases where setting all the software and settings back would take even longer ...

So i have stuff that malwarebytes and those other ones didn't caught, super antispyware,etc.. most of the time, we just reimage the pc at work and dont bother cleaning it.. sometimes it takes like 2-3 hours to do a full scan and reboot and scan again..

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
If the image is done properly, you do not lose any Settings. All you need to to do is reimport the user Bookmarks and personal data files (or work data files) if these were saved locally on the user computer. These should always be backed up elsewhere.

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
Ideally I would reimage/reinstall too but there are some cases where setting all the software and settings back would take even longer ...

I would have thought Windows Easy Transfer would do that (the software settings).

And users should never be saving work locally of course.