Malaria Control WU error.

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
Maximum CPU time exceeded

I get this error after 59 minutes.
I have it set for connect every 1 day and got 53 WUs for 2 CPUs.

A couple days ago I had it set to connect every 3 days and got too many WUs. Most WUs errored the same way, but after 1 hour and 22 minutes. I aborted the rest and waited until today to try again.

Is anyone else getting this error?

PS: I am using Truxoft client. Do you think this might have something to do with it?

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
Yeah I checked there too.

I never used to have any problem before when I was doing MC a few weeks ago.

I have since changed to the Truxoft exe.

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
I only have the Malaria project running on one machine, which happens to be my station at work but I'm on vacation for a few days. And no, I'm not going in just to check the DC app 'cuz I know I'll get asked to do something else while I'm there. ;)

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
I haven't seen that error myself, even on a P3 933 that I have running nothing but the Malaria project. I set that computer to connect every .2 days so it doesn't download too many WU's at the same time (BOINC seems to have a hard time scheduling Malaria work properly for some reason), but I've only had one WU error out on it and I've had that computer running Malaria 24/7 since the project started.

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
OK, I think I figured it out.

MC uses the benchmark to figure out how long the WU should take to finish. If the WU takes longer than that it stops and calls it an error and I get no points.

When I run the benchmark with Truxoft with nothing else running on my dual Xeon, it puts the numbers to high to finish some WUs after I start two F@H running also. The F@H (and my use of computer) takes too many resources away from MC and it takes longer to finish than MC has calculated.

Solution: run the benchmark with the F@H clients running.

Or: I have just been editing the numbers lower as needed. (It's strange though, as I lower the numbers, the WUs seem to take longer to finish. I had one go within eight seconds of erroring)

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
THnaks for the info and accurate report, GLeeM. :D
Good to know before starting MalariaControl again! :)