making international calls with a cell phone?

skim milk

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2003
is it possible to make international calls with a cell phone? i tried it with mine but it says im not authorized
i tried it on my mom's cingular cell phone, i get a different message. I don't have a house phone, only a cell phone.
is there anything else i can do except going to the store, buying an expensive phone card and calling from a pay phone?

help please asap

bananaFish

Jul 8, 2003
Contact your carrier. If anything you should be able to use a calling card with your cell phone...

Hope this helps.

skim milk

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2003
Originally posted by: bananaFish
Contact your carrier. If anything you should be able to use a calling card with your cell phone...

Hope this helps.

you mean buying a calling card?

i have unlimited nights and weekends on my sprint phone... i would rather take advantage of that rather than purchasing a phone card

tontod

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
You cannot make international calls with your sprint phone. If you get a phone with T-mobile service, then you can call international.

skim milk

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2003
Originally posted by: tontod
You cannot make international calls with your sprint phone. If you get a phone with T-mobile service, then you can call international.

that friggin sucks.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: fritolays
Originally posted by: bananaFish

Hope this helps.

you mean buying a calling card?

i have unlimited nights and weekends on my sprint phone... i would rather take advantage of that rather than purchasing a phone card

No, what he means is CALL SPRINT, dammit. They're the ones that are providing you the service. They would know.

Jesus.

BRING BACK THE PRIVATE FORUM. Now I have to wade through this crap again. :(

Incitatus

Jun 29, 2003

Ehh there is no way in hell that counts for international calls too. Its domestic only. (And/or canada, depending on the plan.)

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: tontod

that friggin sucks.

Don't take his word for it. If you do, you're even more of an idiot than I thought. Call Sprint.

CALL SPRINT!!! :p

pinoy

Golden Member
Nov 19, 2000
when i signed up from cingular, the CSR told me i can call int'l. or use my phone from another country but 've got to sign up (monthly fee). that way, they'll get more money from me.:| call your service provider!

cliftonite

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2001
You can call international with att wireless. It will usually run atleast 1.29 a minute or so, in Russia, it costs more tha 4 dollars a min if i remember correctly. And if you are using your cell phone over seas and you recive a voicemail you will be charged for that message even if you do not answer the phone.