Making a CD image

Cares

Mar 8, 2005
Basically, I have a CD, or a lot of CDs and I want to make an image file of it on my computer. What program would do this easily? What is the best freeware and what is a really good software?

sisq0kidd

Lifer
Apr 27, 2004
I use nero, how you can obtain a copy is left unto you... I'm not sure if the trial let's you rip...

Zugzwang152

Lifer
Oct 30, 2001
Originally posted by: AlphaQ
Basically, I have a CD, or a lot of CDs and I want to make an image file of it on my computer. What program would do this easily? What is the best freeware and what is a really good software?

It depends on what type of CD you are trying to image.

JimPhelpsMI

Golden Member
Oct 8, 2004
Hi, Most or all burner programs will make an image file for you. Nero and Roxio/Adaptech for sure. Check the help files for your burner software. Jim

Zepper

Elite Member
May 1, 2001
In Roxio 6, I use the copy function - source is optical drive with disk in it, destination is Image file (format of your choice - Roxio offers several). When you choose image, it will ask you where to save the image and under what name - very like the "Save As" function in most other applications. I'm sure Nero has a similar function, but it's been a while since I used it.

.bh.

Bozo Galora

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 1999
the image files on your cd's are already isos
if you want to save cd images to HDD you get UltraIso, drag and drop the occupied CD drive letter to the file window and save as "xxx.iso"
It will ask if you want to dump the whole CD and you say "yes"