Make Poweramp stop playing when I exit app?

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
Before I give up and ditch it for good does anyone know if I can do this? It has always annoyed me that when I X out or swipe it close from the recently used apps it still keeps playing. I just kept using it cause I paid for it. I searched google and went through all the settings but doesn't seem like it's possible. I've downloaded Pi Music player and it does this so I'm going to try it out some more before purchasing or keep looking.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I don't think this is a poweramp specific thing, it's a feature on android (background audio). I may be wrong though, maybe there's a media player that can pause on exit or something like that.

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
Yeah, that's not a PowerAmp thing. The built in Media player does the same thing for me on all my Android devices.

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
Ok I tried about half a dozen of the highest rated music players in the play store and they are all the same. Again the only one that does stop on close is that Pi music player but it's audio processing is inferior to Poweramp. At the same volume and no EQ, Poweramp plays louder and cleaner. With the ability to search and delete on the fly I think I'll live with the issue and stick with it.

scudder

Jul 25, 2022
Poweramp does not have any setting to fix this but after relentless tries and headaches finally got it done.

Ok there is a simple fix to this in your android settings.

Open Poweramp Application settings and change the battery usage settings to restrict and or limit the battery usage.

This will automatically kill the app on exit and Poweramp will prompt you to if you would like to maintain this settings going fwd.

Enjoy