Majority Would Vote Against Obama

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
I think Obama's goal is to utterly destroy the fabric of this nation by 2012, thereby installing himself as dear leader Obama. Nothing else explains his complete disregard for what the majority of this country wants.

Here's you
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
Here's the pulse

You haven't a clue.

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
This also shows the problem for the GOP. Folks hate the Congressional Dems, but like the Congressional Pubbies only a bit more. Obama is less popular than any modern president since Reagan, but like Reagan he inherited a shitty economy. Remember how popular Reagan became? I'm not ruling out the possibility that Obama is intentionally destroying the country (as per Saul Alinsky's cookbook for radicals and community organizers - but I repeat myself) but assuming he's not, the economy will almost certainly measurably improve by 2012. He has almost all the media on his side, most of the big money, and hundreds of billions to buy votes and simulate a recovery. Therefore in 2012 the Republicans have to have someone who not only is not Obama, but who also is someone the people like and trust, at least with the economy. I can't think of anyone that really fits that bill, and any unknown would have to become known via the press and the popular media, almost all of whom will still be hysterically pro-Obama in 2012. Neither 2010 nor especially 2012 will be a cakewalk for Republicans.

Plus, we all (for reasons of race relations if no other) have a certain amount of vested interest in Obama's presidency being considered a success. If he loses in 2012 to anything less than another Reagan (or another black) then many blacks will still see America as a racist nation where they won't be allowed to get ahead so why try, why not just sponge off the system? Beating Obama has its good points, but is likely to have its bad points as well.

Besides, I'm not at all certain we can keep this country going at its present rate until November 2012. We may be faced with something really, really ugly before America makes that choice.

That's really funny considering Reagan's budget director admitted that they cut taxes and increased spending to try and crowd out social spending. They tried to wreck the economy-and succeeded. That's one thing that Republicans do better than Democrats, wreck the economy.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
That's really funny considering Reagan's budget director admitted that they cut taxes and increased spending to try and crowd out social spending. They tried to wreck the economy-and succeeded. That's one thing that Republicans do better than Democrats, wreck the economy.
Thanks for the update. I needed it since I'm not privy to that special forum shared by Reagan's budget directors and left wing wackos. Maybe if I got a tinfoil hat . . . I'm going to assume you mean Stockman, the only Reagan budget director who might qualify for thinking crowding out social spending (i.e. the welfare state) might be construed as trying to wreak the economy. Amazing how money taken away, largely consumed in internal handling and distribution, and then redistributed actually runs the economy. Why, in my day we had these outlandish notions about wealth creation. Now of course, in our more enlightened age, we know that wealth is not created at all. Nope, wealth evolved. A long time ago. So now the amount of wealth is finite, and we can only have a viable economy by redistributing it amongst ourselves. (Any sense of sarcasm seeping past the bong buzz yet?)

By the way, if you're a fan of Stockman you should remember his classic quote, that Reagan's tax cuts were a "Trojan Horse" to disguise his true intentions of cutting taxes on the rich. Imagine, hiding a tax cut in a tax cut! Truly, Reagan was an evil genius!

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Why do we have another thread about a new poll that says exactly what the last 10 polls have said - that Obama's approval rating is between 46-51?

Here is a homework assignment for everyone who is touting these polls. The last two Presidents who took over in a recession were Ronald Reagon and Bill Clinton. Go look up what their approval numbers were at this point in their administrations. After you're done with that, look up what happened when they ran for re-election, and what their approval ratings were in their second terms. Oh, and then consider how this recession stacks up in severity compared with the other two. Go ahead, run along now.

Here's some assistance for the lazy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_approval_rating

- wolf

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Well, he's been a disappointment to damn near everybody. Only the most groveling sycophants have not been disappointed. But vote against him? For who? McCain and lipstick pig? It's not like the alternative was any better.

Bingo...

I am not thrilled with the job he is doing, some things he does OK, but I am unhappy that he isnt standing up and speaking out agains Congress for putting all these earmarks into bills, and also he isnt making any effort to be a unifying force or change washington at all... but he beats the hell out of McCain/Palin. Especially if McCain's old ass got too ill to lead... We might wind up in a holy war against Panda bears. LOL

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Who did they poll, NBC execs? I would wait until 2012 to tell how good or bad a President he is, not a year after he took office. While I see some people are upset about campaign promises, what did you expect, he's a politician after all. I just hope everything works out within this year and we can head into a recovery but it would be more useful if we learned something from this mess and took steps to prevent it in the future.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Thread: Majority Would Vote Against Obama

Well, then, clearly the GOP Smear Campaign of Hate against Obama since Nov of 2008 is temporarily accomplishing their goals.

However, the duplicitous OP in his advancing state of dementia also claims Liberalism is a mental disorder and its (sic) taking over.

Maybe the OP should be on the lookout for the Men in White Coats who are coming to take him away.

ha ha

ho ho

hee hee

--

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Well, he's been a disappointment to damn near everybody. Only the most groveling sycophants have not been disappointed. But vote against him? For who? McCain and lipstick pig? It's not like the alternative was any better.

One wonders how this unhappy majority releases its pent up pressure.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Specious Cop, what you fail to realize is the obvious. Elections don't get held at the drop of a hat, i.e. "today," as you put it. You will see what happens in 2012 and prepare to eat your hat.

Unemployment wasn't expected to have dropped by now. Everyone who knows anything about economics knows (yes, that's how you should have spelled it), that unemployment is a trailing indicator. The war in Afghanistan, well, if he pulled out of there the Republicans would be targeting him bigtime for being soft on terrorism/security. The health care battle that's roiling the nation? Well, kudos to him and his administration for having the will, determination, perspicacity to fight it tooth and nail. Everybody else who has tackled the problem in the USA in he last 100+ years has retreated with their tail between their legs and healthcare in the USA at this juncture is a giant wasteful inefficient mess.

Last edited: