Major World Of Warcraft Issues

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

boatillo

Dec 14, 2004
Man, at this point I think the only option you have for further troubleshooting is to wipe your main hdd, reinstall windows along with dx9.0c, video drivers, and wow.

You could try troubleshooting those various AGP settings in your bios first. Since it is graphics related, but you have switched cards and drivers, these would be the only variable left. I can't say much about them offhand, but I'm sure if you search for Fast Writes, Aperture, Shadowing etc you will get more detailed info.

Oh one more avenue. Do you overclock? Make sure your AGP/PCI slots are locked at 66/33mhz within the bios. Also if you are running SATA hdd's I believe 2 of the SATA ports on this motherboard are susceptible to erratic errors because they don't have a speed lock on them to separate from the bus - but I could be thinking of another mobo.

MaverickBP

Golden Member
Nov 18, 2004
Originally posted by: boatillo
Man, at this point I think the only option you have for further troubleshooting is to wipe your main hdd, reinstall windows along with dx9.0c, video drivers, and wow.

You could try troubleshooting those various AGP settings in your bios first. Since it is graphics related, but you have switched cards and drivers, these would be the only variable left. I can't say much about them offhand, but I'm sure if you search for Fast Writes, Aperture, Shadowing etc you will get more detailed info.

Oh one more avenue. Do you overclock? Make sure your AGP/PCI slots are locked at 66/33mhz within the bios. Also if you are running SATA hdd's I believe 2 of the SATA ports on this motherboard are susceptible to erratic errors because they don't have a speed lock on them to separate from the bus - but I could be thinking of another mobo.

Nope you're thinking of the right board. As a matter of fact i'm responding to you from a spare hd that I just installed xp, sound card, graphics card, and wow on. I'm busy updating every single fvcking patch that ever came out before I can test anything. I'll keep you updated.

Edit: Also no on the overclocking.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: MaverickBP
I'm busy updating every single fvcking patch that ever came out before I can test anything. I'll keep you updated.

I feel sorry for you :(. Even though I have some of the huge combined patches, that's still around 10 patches or so. If you don't have the combined ones, it's probably around 20+.

MaverickBP

Golden Member
Nov 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Aikouka
Originally posted by: MaverickBP
I'm busy updating every single fvcking patch that ever came out before I can test anything. I'll keep you updated.

I feel sorry for you :(. Even though I have some of the huge combined patches, that's still around 10 patches or so. If you don't have the combined ones, it's probably around 20+.

Ya not alot of fun but it's done now and ready for me to test stuff on it,

Obsoleet

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2007
My suggestion would be to quit playing MMORPGs. Sounds like God is trying to tell you to quit my friend.

I don't know if you did everything Blizzard suggested or not, but you should've done a format and reinstall of your OS a long time ago. With a rig as antiquated as yours (mine is too), a format is probably due is it not. I used to format every 6 months just to keep things fresh.

MaverickBP

Golden Member
Nov 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Obsoleet
My suggestion would be to quit playing MMORPGs. Sounds like God is trying to tell you to quit my friend.

I don't know if you did everything Blizzard suggested or not, but you should've done a format and reinstall of your OS a long time ago. With a rig as antiquated as yours (mine is too), a format is probably due is it not. I used to format every 6 months just to keep things fresh.

Ya the gods are definitely saying something. I've done everything blizz mentioned and more. My system may look inferior on a spec sheet but is more than adequate for today's games. Even blizz said so. I can run WoW at 1680x 1050 with everything turned on and get 60 fps. I think my system is more than adequate.

I've done the reinstall of everything on a spare drive and will try that tonight.

MaverickBP

Golden Member
Nov 18, 2004
Well I installed xp, drivers, and WoW on a new harddrive and it seems to run fine there. Guess i've narrowed down the cause of my issue.