Maintain aspect ratio in AMD v12.4

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
So, I switched from team green to the other team green (nvidia to AMD) thanks to good deal on a used card on craiglist.

And I ran into my first issue, on the "My Digital Flat-Panels", in Properties, there is image scaling. There are three radio buttons for "maintain aspect ratio", "scale image to full panel size" (selected), and "User centered timings" (don't you mean centered image?) and all three radio buttons are greyed out and I cannot change it to the correct, non mentally deficient setting (Maintain aspect ratio).

So, is there a solution or do I need to switch back to nvidia?

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
Questions

1) Do you need to use the GPU image scaler? Most monitors handle this. This option for the GPU to handle the scaler is for monitors which do not have a scaler.

2) Take a look at the picture http://oi42.tinypic.com/n8bh5.jpg it also has a checkbox to turn on GPU scaler. Obvious and stupid question, is it clicked on?

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
Questions

1) Do you need to use the GPU image scaler? Most monitors handle this. This option for the GPU to handle the scaler is for monitors which do not have a scaler.

2) Take a look at the picture http://oi42.tinypic.com/n8bh5.jpg it also has a checkbox to turn on GPU scaler. Obvious and stupid question, is it clicked on?

1. Yes, my monitor scales wrong by default and does not save the setting for correct scaling, so i have to change it through a clumsy OSD every time i run a game.
2. Yes, I checked that box.

I found a thread about this in hardocp forum, this issue has been around for at least a year.
It is greyed out because I am at the native resolution. There is a workaround.

A. Lower desktop resolution. (imgreys the buttons)
B. Change the settings.
C. Go back to native resolution. (greys the buttons but keeps changes)

It will save the setting so that if I lower my desktop setting again, it still works. Well, at least it does on the desktop, I haven't gotten to test it in a game yet.