Mail order brides...what do you think?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IBuyUFO

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Have you watched Birthday Girl? Watch it, come back here, and tell us you still want a russian mail order bride.:D

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Preyhunter
Ok you bastards, I changed the subtitle just for you.

I'm surprised I never got the custom title "Twitching Member" ;)

haha, that would be too cool.

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Originally posted by: azazyel
My friend just got back from Russia (really business) said the women were unbelievably good looking...

my .02

They are also unbelievably good at conning stupid foreigners.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
Once, I thought that the mail order bride idea was for losers that couldn?t find a woman already in America. Now, I?m starting to change my mind about that. The average American woman is too fat. Fatties don?t do it for me. I understand that some people are into the big ?uns and that?s cool cuz fatties need love too?they just won?t be getting it from me. With the mail order bride idea, you can get a foreign chick that?s not fat and doesn?t come from a culture of fattiness. That?s not to say that she couldn?t get fat once she got here, but the likelihood of her falling into overindulgence and not maintaining her current level of activity is minimized. Plus, she?d probably be more appreciative of things than American women with their ?I demand convenience and I want it right now because I deserve it more than anyone else? attitudes. The main drawback I see with mail order brides is they could be doing it as a way to get into the country and then leaving you after a few years once they?ve obtained citizenship. Oh well, everything has its pros and cons.

What do you think? List your reasons why you think it?s a good idea or not.

I apologize in advance to any fatties that might be offended by this thread.

I think you're just too freaking ugly to get anything but a larger woman. I dunno, but most of the women I know are in good shape. I guess it's the crouds you hang around.

Landroval

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2005
Once, I thought that the mail order bride idea was for losers that couldn?t find a woman already in America. Now, I?m starting to change my mind about that. The average American woman is too fat. Fatties don?t do it for me. I understand that some people are into the big ?uns and that?s cool cuz fatties need love too?they just won?t be getting it from me. With the mail order bride idea, you can get a foreign chick that?s not fat and doesn?t come from a culture of fattiness. That?s not to say that she couldn?t get fat once she got here, but the likelihood of her falling into overindulgence and not maintaining her current level of activity is minimized. Plus, she?d probably be more appreciative of things than American women with their ?I demand convenience and I want it right now because I deserve it more than anyone else? attitudes. The main drawback I see with mail order brides is they could be doing it as a way to get into the country and then leaving you after a few years once they?ve obtained citizenship. Oh well, everything has its pros and cons.

This is a brilliant idea! Since most American men are even fatter than their women (a higher percentage of them , too!) -- and nowadays we bring home the bank -- perhaps someone could start a mail order husband service, too :)

Preyhunter

Golden Member
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Landroval

This is a brilliant idea! Since most American men are even fatter than their women (a higher percentage of them , too!) -- and nowadays we bring home the bank -- perhaps someone could start a mail order husband service, too :)
I'm not against that idea either, but...good luck with that!

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001

Women are usually the main source of income now a days?

Preyhunter

Golden Member
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Mo0o

Women are usually the main source of income now a days?
BUT they still bitch about inequality of pay. I wish they'd just make up their minds! Like I said in the OP, it's that attitude.

dderidex

Platinum Member
Mar 13, 2001
Originally posted by: PanzerIV
The problem is you don't know what you're gonna get like you said. You may find a very sweet mate for life or somebody who will use you to gain American citizenship and leave you in a hearbeat. The concept is good but the results can be far from it.

Seems pretty durn likely, there.

Maybe not PHYSICALLY leave you - especially a lot of Asian countries have severe stigmas about breaking up marriages, and women will stay with the most abusive husbands, living in humiliation, and blame themselves - but definitely emotionally. If there was ever an emotional connection to begin with!

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
If you can't get past the physical, you are gonna flip out when it comes to the cultural. Bad idea.

Landroval

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2005

I'm not against that idea either, but...good luck with that!

I've already claimed one of the few, non-fat, redblooded American males for my personal sex slave. But I am sure there are many single and trim sisters who would love an import ;)

elektrolokomotive

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2004
<ferris>
FERRIS (VO)
Cameron's never been in love. At
least no one's ever been in love
with him. He's gonna marry the first
girl he lays. And she's gonna treat
him like shiite because he's gonna
kiss her arse for giving him what he's
built-up in his mind as the end-all,