Mafia 2, a good game?

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Eh, it was fun for a couple hours but it's very linear. The open world is pretty much dead too and loses its luster pretty quickly. Mine came free with my vid card and I still didn't care to put much into it.

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
It's not really like GTA. The game is very linear and you cannot really explore. If you do so, there's nothing to find.

I'm not saying it is a bad game, but it's not what it looks like.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
It's not really like GTA. The game is very linear and you cannot really explore. If you do so, there's nothing to find.

I'm not saying it is a bad game, but it's not what it looks like.

Yea not a ton to do. Good story and voice acting are what kept me interested.

motsm

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2010
As others have said, it's a story based game with good writing and acting, nothing like GTA. The open world is just there to set the mood, and nothing more.

Firsttime

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2005
It was an open world game that wasn't open world. Felt strange. It like made you go from quest to quest. That said it was a fun ~10 hours.

Kaldari

Apr 19, 2011
I played the first Mafia around the time it first came out, and I was so excited when I heard a sequel was in the works. It's worth playing, but it didn't live up to what I was hoping for.

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
Its a good game, but short at around 10 hours or so. Still I rather enjoyed my time there. I wouldn't but it unless it goes n sale for like 5 bucks though.

carling220

Dec 16, 2011
I enjoyed it. I was surprised how amazing the graphics looked, looked awesome. It did have boring moments, but generally the characters and the story kept me very interested. And also the graphics, the reflections were awesome and looked smooth as hell running full wack.

You can turn the driving on to simulation mode in the settings, find a fast car, tune it, and have some fun power sliding around too.

The story was great, but i've always loved the mafia type stuff, such as the Sopranos.

edit: I should add though, it did take me a while to finish, as when you die you generally have to drive around the bloody map to the mission location again, resulting in me giving up a number of times.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
The first Mafia was the same. Its open world did not have anything to offer too. Plus it had that awesome speed limitation thing which made it so different from GTAIII. Plus all the vehicles were so different from each other. I still remember stealing the race car in one of the missions and the speed just blew my mind. It was a very mature storyline and the game still is one of the greatest ever.

Mafia 2 was so very polished and had amazing characters. Somehow, it seemed to fall short of its predecessor.

Sureshot324

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
The first Mafia was the same. Its open world did not have anything to offer too. Plus it had that awesome speed limitation thing which made it so different from GTAIII. Plus all the vehicles were so different from each other. I still remember stealing the race car in one of the missions and the speed just blew my mind. It was a very mature storyline and the game still is one of the greatest ever.

Mafia 2 was so very polished and had amazing characters. Somehow, it seemed to fall short of its predecessor.

Somehow the world of Mafia 1 just felt more alive than Mafia 2. The story and characters were more interesting as well.

SPBHM

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2012
form me it was not so great, because I had high expectations, based on how good Mafia 1 was back in 2002...

it's OK, I would give a 7/10 while Mafia deserves a 9.5

but it's no GTA, and not really a Mafia1 successor

Blitzvogel

Platinum Member
Oct 17, 2010
Great storytelling and production
Good gameplay
Feux open world

I really enjoyed it though (mostly because of the story), and I'd give it a solid 8/10. It's in many ways your typical, highly cinematic action game that you'd find on any platform, and I think that's why I like it so much.

Absolution75

Dec 3, 2007
I found it extremely boring. You may as well just play a game called Taxi Service. The first Mafia was all about being a self-made man rising throughout the ranks. The second is just a bland game where you play driver. I literally fell asleep at one point.